There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aaron Rodgers: "Not much" separates the Packers from the 49ers

Originally posted by verb1der:
LOL Kaep is a Packer killer, Rodgers knows it and he hates it.

Yeah but Rodgers is a defense-killer. The Niners have definitely looked great against the Packers in their recent meetings. And I know flipping a coin is always a 50/50 chance of head or tails regardless of the past, but after you've flipped heads 5 of the last 5 times. You start feeling that Tails is coming soon. Same reason I think eventually the Hawks are going to beat the Niners in SF/SC and the Niners will beat the Hawks at the Clink.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by verb1der:
LOL Kaep is a Packer killer, Rodgers knows it and he hates it.

Yeah but Rodgers is a defense-killer. The Niners have definitely looked great against the Packers in their recent meetings. And I know flipping a coin is always a 50/50 chance of head or tails regardless of the past, but after you've flipped heads 5 of the last 5 times. You start feeling that Tails is coming soon. Same reason I think eventually the Hawks are going to beat the Niners in SF/SC and the Niners will beat the Hawks at the Clink.

True...but the way Kaep beat the Packerse in the supposedly invincible "frozen tundra" last season has got that entire Packers team (including the coaches) digging real deep for answers! Kaep owns the Packers D like Roman owns Dom Capers!

The tables have turned, like how Brett Favre used to be a 49er killer.
I believe the opening game of the regular season will speak volumes (GB at SEA)... and I have a hunch the majority of the county will be rooting for the cheesy discount double-check dude.
Lol at the Roger's supporters on here.
I don't personally think Rogers is that great, Flynn's 6td game should attest to that.

Shoot this feels like more of a rivalry than Seattle
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Lol at the Roger's supporters on here.
I don't personally think Rogers is that great, Flynn's 6td game should attest to that.

Shoot this feels like more of a rivalry than Seattle

this statement is comical.
Originally posted by CAbound:
I believe the opening game of the regular season will speak volumes (GB at SEA)... and I have a hunch the majority of the county will be rooting for the cheesy discount double-check dude.

Until the Seahawks can win 3 SB titles in 10-15 years with a good amount of deep playoff runs to match. I think the nation will continue to play their favorites with the Cowboys, Patriots, Niners, Raiders and Green Bay over the Hawks. That's fair. Like others have said, historically the Seahawks have not been that relevant in the big game or games immediately leading up to it over it's franchise history. But I'll keep rooting, to quote RW, "why not us". I'm so tired of Cowboys and Raiders fans everywhere I go.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Lol at the Roger's supporters on here.
I don't personally think Rogers is that great, Flynn's 6td game should attest to that.

Shoot this feels like more of a rivalry than Seattle

this statement is comical.

Shouldn't be, not saying that he isn't a good qb (the word "that" in front of great supports that )
Just that there are some posters on here acting like he is the best QB in the NFL right now
Originally posted by CAbound:
I believe the opening game of the regular season will speak volumes (GB at SEA)... and I have a hunch the majority of the county will be rooting for the cheesy discount double-check dude.

I don't see GB winning that game. Not because of Rodgers but because of GB's defense that has been terrible recently.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'm so tired of Cowboys and Raiders fans everywhere I go.

Its Cowboys & Steelers fans for me. Mostly Cowboys - they have the worst mouth/brain ratio in sports in my experience.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Until the Seahawks can win 3 SB titles in 10-15 years with a good amount of deep playoff runs to match. I think the nation will continue to play their favorites with the Cowboys, Patriots, Niners, Raiders and Green Bay over the Hawks. That's fair. Like others have said, historically the Seahawks have not been that relevant in the big game or games immediately leading up to it over it's franchise history. But I'll keep rooting, to quote RW, "why not us". I'm so tired of Cowboys and Raiders fans everywhere I go.

I like Russel Wilson and I hate the Cowboys. We have things in common. lol
Originally posted by Overkill:
Its Cowboys & Steelers fans for me. Mostly Cowboys - they have the worst mouth/brain ratio in sports in my experience.

Seahawks fans think the 49rs' clamoring on about past SB wins is bad.. Just think of the fans living in the midst of Cowboys country.. Dallas's "Glory Days' ramblings would be unbearable to endure.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Lol at the Roger's supporters on here.
I don't personally think Rogers is that great, Flynn's 6td game should attest to that.

Shoot this feels like more of a rivalry than Seattle

this statement is comical.

Shouldn't be, not saying that he isn't a good qb (the word "that" in front of great supports that )
Just that there are some posters on here acting like he is the best QB in the NFL right now

That's because he is the best QB in the league right now and honestly, it's not that close. Rodgers is the all time leader in interception %. he throws the ball a ton and hardly ever gets picked. If he hadn't sat behind Favre for so long, he could probably break most of the records that Manning has set or is about to set. This is what his average season looks like as a starter (including missing 7 games last year)

318/482, 65.9%, 3978, 31 TD, 8 INT

Add in the 7 missed games and he's over 4k yds/season along with 33 or 34 TD and 9 INT's. If you'll notice as well, he's not like Stafford or Manning and chucking it 600 times a season either. His career high is 552 attempts. His career YPA is 8.2. As mentioned earlier, he will that injury riddled team to a SB. He was unstoppable. 273 YPG, 9 TD 2 INT (2 more rushing TD) 68% completion 109 QB Rating.
[ Edited by JoRo on Jun 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Shouldn't be, not saying that he isn't a good qb (the word "that" in front of great supports that )
Just that there are some posters on here acting like he is the best QB in the NFL right now

Rodgers is a great quarterback.
Originally posted by JoRo:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Lol at the Roger's supporters on here.
I don't personally think Rogers is that great, Flynn's 6td game should attest to that.

Shoot this feels like more of a rivalry than Seattle

this statement is comical.

Shouldn't be, not saying that he isn't a good qb (the word "that" in front of great supports that )
Just that there are some posters on here acting like he is the best QB in the NFL right now

That's because he is the best QB in the league right now and honestly, it's not that close. Rodgers is the all time leader in interception %. he throws the ball a ton and hardly ever gets picked. If he hadn't sat behind Favre for so long, he could probably break most of the records that Manning has set or is about to set. This is what his average season looks like as a starter (including missing 7 games last year)

318/482, 65.9%, 3978, 31 TD, 8 INT

Add in the 7 missed games and he's over 4k yds/season along with 33 or 34 TD and 9 INT's. If you'll notice as well, he's not like Stafford or Manning and chucking it 600 times a season either. His career high is 552 attempts. His career YPA is 8.2. As mentioned earlier, he will that injury riddled team to a SB. He was unstoppable. 273 YPG, 9 TD 2 INT (2 more rushing TD) 68% completion 109 QB Rating.

also doesnt he have the best qb rating of all time? if not hes top 2 or 3. using matt flynns game vs a pathetic detroit lions defense to argue he is not that great is comical to me.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by JoRo:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Lol at the Roger's supporters on here.
I don't personally think Rogers is that great, Flynn's 6td game should attest to that.

Shoot this feels like more of a rivalry than Seattle

this statement is comical.

Shouldn't be, not saying that he isn't a good qb (the word "that" in front of great supports that )
Just that there are some posters on here acting like he is the best QB in the NFL right now

That's because he is the best QB in the league right now and honestly, it's not that close. Rodgers is the all time leader in interception %. he throws the ball a ton and hardly ever gets picked. If he hadn't sat behind Favre for so long, he could probably break most of the records that Manning has set or is about to set. This is what his average season looks like as a starter (including missing 7 games last year)

318/482, 65.9%, 3978, 31 TD, 8 INT

Add in the 7 missed games and he's over 4k yds/season along with 33 or 34 TD and 9 INT's. If you'll notice as well, he's not like Stafford or Manning and chucking it 600 times a season either. His career high is 552 attempts. His career YPA is 8.2. As mentioned earlier, he will that injury riddled team to a SB. He was unstoppable. 273 YPG, 9 TD 2 INT (2 more rushing TD) 68% completion 109 QB Rating.

also doesnt he have the best qb rating of all time? if not hes top 2 or 3. using matt flynns game vs a pathetic detroit lions defense to argue he is not that great is comical to me.

I forgot that one. I believe if you were to break career numbers down to efficiency levels, he is #1 in most categories.