LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers: "Not much" separates the Packers from the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
The games are usually close.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
their defense sucks and their fans will agree. that's why we have their number recently.
A couple thousand miles.
How about they win the opener in Seattle and then I'll listen....

EDIT: In fairness, it was a quick response to a question in an interview that didn't focus at all on the Packer/49er rivalry.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jun 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
How about they win the opener in Seattle and then I'll listen....

I'll be rooting for them.
Eh, what's he supposed to say? "The 49ers are way way better than us, they were last year and the year before that and it's even worse this year because they got a lot better on paper". No way, he's going to say his team is in it and right there with the big boys which at this point are the 49ers, the Seahawks and everybody else.
I am a huge Niners fan and have been all my life. That said...

Last I checked, Rodgers led a sub-standard team to a SB victory. For all of our crowing about how superior we are - how many championships do we have?
I think our offense will definitely close the gap on GB...on defense, there's no comparison. IMHO, Rodgers' assessment isn't accurate.
we have their number now but the games are usually tight heading into the 4th. a play here or there and maybe they snatch one of those games. i think we're more talented, but they still give us good games.
Originally posted by nsabot3000:
I am a huge Niners fan and have been all my life. That said...

Last I checked, Rodgers led a sub-standard team to a SB victory. For all of our crowing about how superior we are - how many championships do we have?

he actually led a team with a record number of injuries to a sb win. that 2010 team is the example you can point to when you have fans say their team was too injured to advance further. they did that year and much props especially from a 6th seed.

So he admits we're the better team? How gracious of him.
YOu guys do remember that before we drove down the field to kick the winning FG in OT, Kaepernick threw a ball RIGHT into the defenders hands that he dropped. He catches that ball and its a pick 6 for GB and they likely win the game.

Rogers is the team. Without him we all saw what happened, they sucked. but with him, they have a shot at beating any team in the league at any time.
i agree
LOL Kaep is a Packer killer, Rodgers knows it and he hates it.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
he's not really wrong
Yes he is really wrong

no he's not. people have to understand that in football, not MUCH separates our chance to win the SB than other playoff contenders. That doesn't mean we aren't way better. However, the NFL is unique in that in a 1 game playoff, it really is a 50/50 chance of winning. even if we have more talent, because both teams are great, all it takes is a few lucky bounces (the same thing as NOT MUCH). The fact that they have Rodgers will always keep them in the hunt and I believe they have a chance to beat us, as do the Saints & Seahawks in the NFC.

Exactly. The question is very, very vague. And he gave a very normal answer for someone confident in his team. Teams will completely differ in playstyle, strengths and weaknesses, but the difference between playoff caliber teams that will result in a W, truly is "not much".
Share 49ersWebzone