There are 176 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers: "Not much" separates the Packers from the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Matthews missed the PLAYOFF GAME because of a broken finger.

PWilly and Bowman played with broken fricken neck..*err*..hands.

Kurt Angle reference? haha

I think the Packers were closer to us in 2013 than in 2012. In 2012, I think we were clearly the better team by a wide margin. Week 1 in Lambeau was a huge win, and we thoroughly outplayed them that day, in my opinion.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Actually, in some ways I agree with Aaron Rodgers. If you recall our last couple of games with the Packers, it took everything we had to beat the them. Remember, like the Seahawks, they won it all just a few years back with a very young and talented roster. There is no reason to believe that they couldn't do it again. They are a very dangerous team.

Also, they have been very unfortunate the past couple of years with injuries. Injuries tend to balance out over time. If they stay healthy, there is no reason to believe that they won't be a strong contender at years end.

I, for one, believe that the Packers have an excellent shot at helping us out at the beginning of the season by taking out the Seahawks at CLink. They are that good.

Pack ain't winning week 1 @ SEA. Sure it would be nice but they are going to get punked and brought back to reality just like the Broncos. NFCW is in a different league right now. Pack and others trying to play catchup right now.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
good thing we don't play them this season. he'd torch our secondary.
Originally posted by crabman82:
he actually led a team with a record number of injuries to a sb win. that 2010 team is the example you can point to when you have fans say their team was too injured to advance further. they did that year and much props especially from a 6th seed.

You are correct in your clarification. I should have specified that they were beat the hell up, and sub-standard at the time they won for that reason - not so much because they had an awful team that year (though their defense was nothing special.)
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

If that's true, then we don't stand much of a chance next January...
Originally posted by Existence:

Based on what? Rodgers has racked up all kinds of yards against us. Him doing it again would hardly be a new revelation. Green Bay's problem is their sorry ass defense. Until that gets fixed, it won't matter how many yards he throws for, as has been the case for the past few years.

Boiled down: Nobody outside the NFC North is afraid of the Packers.
[ Edited by baltien on Jun 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Existence:

GB defense is in for much more trouble than ours
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Actually, in some ways I agree with Aaron Rodgers. If you recall our last couple of games with the Packers, it took everything we had to beat the them. Remember, like the Seahawks, they won it all just a few years back with a very young and talented roster. There is no reason to believe that they couldn't do it again. They are a very dangerous team.

Also, they have been very unfortunate the past couple of years with injuries. Injuries tend to balance out over time. If they stay healthy, there is no reason to believe that they won't be a strong contender at years end.

I, for one, believe that the Packers have an excellent shot at helping us out at the beginning of the season by taking out the Seahawks at CLink. They are that good.

Pack ain't winning week 1 @ SEA. Sure it would be nice but they are going to get punked and brought back to reality just like the Broncos. NFCW is in a different league right now. Pack and others trying to play catchup right now.

I would sooo love it if they did. Tho agreed the nfc west is brutal, less there is a fall off. Rest of nfl would be relieved
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Matthews missed the PLAYOFF GAME because of a broken finger.

PWilly and Bowman played with broken fricken neck..*err*..hands.

Kurt Angle reference? haha

I think the Packers were closer to us in 2013 than in 2012. In 2012, I think we were clearly the better team by a wide margin. Week 1 in Lambeau was a huge win, and we thoroughly outplayed them that day, in my opinion.

Matthews coulda wore a cast, n slapped a fathead on it lol..... willis beasted with a clubbed arm yrs back.
Their defense leaves a lot to be desired.

• LVJay
  • Veteran

Final score, doe... 69-68 Niners
If by "Not much" he means a god defense, he's correct.
Originally posted by xela510:
If by "Not much" he means a god defense, he's correct.

Only the 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens have had God Defenses.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We've owned SEA at home. We just need to break through against the 12th cheerleaders.

Agree!
Share 49ersWebzone