LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

The Mt. Rushmore of NFL Franchises? (Super Bowl Era; My 4 are Pit, SF, Dal, NE)

Shop 49ers game tickets

The Mt. Rushmore of NFL Franchises? (Super Bowl Era; My 4 are Pit, SF, Dal, NE)

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
My 4 would be SF, GB, Pitts, NE. Under Jerry Jones, the Cowboy image/franchise has diminished. Many fans don't like NE, but in the modern era, show me a team that's a better organization. For me, it's not just about the SB wins...it's about the entire organization...how they function, what they stand for, excellence of their product, etc.
NE ain't knocking off the DAL cowboys! DAL has many more HOFers and more titles. Football ain't football over the years without the DAL cowboys. That star on the side of the helmet shines oh so bright and no team fielded by NE could have touched DAL from '92 to '95! They even denied us TWICE!
Originally posted by Niners99:
49ers - 5 SB
Steelers - 6 SB
Cowboys - 5 SB
Packers - 3 SB and 8 NFL championships

Patriots just dont make the cut. They werent even good until the late 90's-early 00's.

BTW the Packers have 4 SB--66, 67, 96, and 2010
Since it's the boring part of the offseason, curious what people think now? Guess you have to put New England on it, unfortunately. They've been to 10 Super Bowls and are 5-5 in those games. It's tough for me when I think about New England...I grew up watching them before the Belichick-Brady years. They had a few decent teams with Grogan at QB but otherwise were very average-to-poor.
Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, and New York Giants.

I remember vividly how the Patriots were akin to the Bengals prior to Super Bowl XXXVI. Five titles later doesn't make me forget their prior also-ran status. When Belichik and Brady go it's back to oblivion for the Patriots. That being said, they quickly carved a place for themselves on the proverbial "Mount Rushmore" of NFL organizations.
What's with a lot of people excluding the Pats? Lol
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, and New York Giants.

I remember vividly how the Patriots were akin to the Bengals prior to Super Bowl XXXVI. Five titles later doesn't make me forget their prior also-ran status. When Belichik and Brady go it's back to oblivion for the Patriots. That being said, they quickly carved a place for themselves on the proverbial "Mount Rushmore" of NFL organizations.

Two gotta go. Only 4 on Mount Rushmore. It's a tough one.

If we're going just by standings

Steelers 6-2
Niners 5-1
Cowboys 5-3
Patriots 5-5
Packers 4-1
Giants 4-1
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Feb 14, 2018 at 11:44 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Steelers 6-2
Niners 5-1
Cowboys 5-3
Patriots 5-5
Packers 4-1
Giants 4-1
I do not think the giants belong they had 6 dominant years in the 80s-90s.

The niners belong because they had 16 dominant years spanning 2 coaches, 2 QBs, and 2 diffetent eras. They are also the team that led the way for current offenses.

Steelers belong. Dominant 70s, good 90s, excellent 00s, and the rooney rule( kind of)

Cowboys belong . The 70s and 90s.

Packers vs patriots. I go packers. For one what does every SB winner get? 2, they also revolutionized offense with the sweep(maybe perfected is a better term)

The patriots have not changed football, they have not dominated multiple eras, and almost all their SBs have a scandal associated with them.
I think you got to go 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's.

So Steelers, Niners, Cowboys, Patriots.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

For the sake of the NFL you should probably go back to the 60's and include the Packers as well.

I agree . Gotta have pats in it. They might not have dominated throughout history. But they have the most dominant run over any other team in history. Out of the 16 seasons Brady has played. Him and the pats have been to the super bowl 10 times and won 5 of them. Insane. Then Steelers for 6 wins. Niners for similar reasons as pats. Cowboys as well, but they haven't done s**t in so long that they get passed up by packers if Rodgers can win them another SB soon.

I agree . Gotta have pats in it. They might not have dominated throughout history. But they have the most dominant run over any other team in history. Out of the 16 seasons Brady has played. Him and the pats have been to the super bowl 10 times and won 5 of them. Insane. Then Steelers for 6 wins. Niners for similar reasons as pats. Cowboys as well, but they haven't done s**t in so long that they get passed up by packers if Rodgers can win them another SB soon.

In 16 seasons with brady they've made the super bowl 8 times not 10 times. They made it after the 1985 and 1996 seasons before brady was around.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Steelers 6-2
Niners 5-1
Cowboys 5-3
Patriots 5-5
Packers 4-1
Giants 4-1
I do not think the giants belong they had 6 dominant years in the 80s-90s.

The niners belong because they had 16 dominant years spanning 2 coaches, 2 QBs, and 2 diffetent eras. They are also the team that led the way for current offenses.

Steelers belong. Dominant 70s, good 90s, excellent 00s, and the rooney rule( kind of)

Cowboys belong . The 70s and 90s.

Packers vs patriots. I go packers. For one what does every SB winner get? 2, they also revolutionized offense with the sweep(maybe perfected is a better term)

The patriots have not changed football, they have not dominated multiple eras, and almost all their SBs have a scandal associated with them.

Originally posted by crabman82:

In 16 seasons with brady they've made the super bowl 8 times not 10 times. They made it after the 1985 and 1996 seasons before brady was around.

Oh s**t you're right. Regardless still crazy. 50 percent of his seasons, made the super bowl. More SB appearances than any other.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
For the sake of the NFL you should probably go back to the 60's and include the Packers as well.

They won the 1st 2 SB's. A dynasty typically needs 3 or 4. Really just depends if you factor in the league pre Super Bowl.
The Packers dominated the pre Super Bowl era and won some of the first Super Bowls too. They belong on the list easily. The Vince Lombardi and Bart Star era.
Share 49ersWebzone