There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Seahawks, still 2 Superbowl wins behind the Raiders, Thread

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

what kind of question is this? all you need to do is look at the last 10 or so defending champions and see how they fared. how many of them made it back to the final 4, let alone wound up in the super bowl? its harder to stay on top than it is to get to the top.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM ]

This is about the only time GOAT looked less than perfect....well i guess there were a few years with the jr. Varsity bay area team also.
Wow, are you new to football?
Originally posted by 91til:
Good thing the remaining 7 starters from last season (I won't count Bethea and Cully who I assume will start opposite Brock) are pretty good at their jobs too. There's this guy named Willis that's pretty good. and a certain Cowboy, couple guys named Brooks and McDonald (most slept on players on our D) that ain't bad either, and a youngster named Reid that will have something to say about that. Just imagine when Aldon and Navorro get back...

Also ur guys usernames, lol

Oh I agree. I wasn't implying that our defense will suck. But I just don't think you can replace guys like A.Smith and N.Bowman. They are 2 of the best in the league, not just on our team. I think there could be a slight drop in production because of it until they get back. IMHO.
Originally posted by kronik:

look at his name....ricetoyoung and wonder when did that ever happen?

that f**ker heath evans in the background
Originally posted by crabman82:

LOL, I guess YoungtoRice was taken
Originally posted by English:
I assume .net figure it's in the bag! Disappointment is coming.

You lot should be able to give them some pointers on how to deal with this. Unbound arrogance tempered by crushing defeats.

You make me laugh, somehow the niners are going to keep getting better and better yet no-one else will.
Good chance they won't even get to the playoffs. And I can't see them repeating. I assume .net figure it's in the bag! Disappointment is coming.

That's the thing. If you go to NFL.com or .net or anything football related, Seatard fans really believe they are going to repeat over and over again and we'll be their b-tch for years to come. They really wanted Jared Allen, then when he didn't sign with them, they were like "oh, he sucks anyways". They say that about anyone that leaves their team or doesn't sign with them. All this while pretending anyone on the Seahawks is the best at that position and anyone that doesn't agree is an idiot.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marksbrother:
You lot should be able to give them some pointers on how to deal with this. Unbound arrogance tempered by crushing defeats.

You make me laugh, somehow the niners are going to keep getting better and better yet no-one else will.

Speaking of crushing defeats, 1984 was one of our better years. I think we only lost once and did pretty good against that team back east at the end of the season.
Originally posted by marksbrother:
I assume .net figure it's in the bag! Disappointment is coming.

its not about the 49ers, everyone and their dog knows how razor thin the talent level is between the 2 teams. we over here believe seahawk fans are living in euphoria after the title and not being totally realistic as to how tough it is to repeat, especially in this new era where champs struggle to make the playoffs as much as anything. any fan of any pro sports team who has just won the title the previous year can tell you how all of the next seasons opponents bring their 'A' game to play you. it doesnt mean they beat you, it means seattle is in for a lot more slobber knockers than their fans probably think are coming. of course as fans of a team whos never won before, we dont expect them to believe it until they are knee deep in it come fall/winter.

1990. Get over yourself. It's mostly for discussion. Please don't derail thread. Thanks

Sincerely, Future mod.
Originally posted by crabman82:

If you watched football you would know that Jerry Rice was our QB and Steve Young was a WR. Besides, I was going to take Crabman82, but it was taken.
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:
That's the thing. If you go to NFL.com or .net or anything football related, Seatard fans really believe they are going to repeat over and over again and we'll be their b-tch for years to come. They really wanted Jared Allen, then when he didn't sign with them, they were like "oh, he sucks anyways". They say that about anyone that leaves their team or doesn't sign with them. All this while pretending anyone on the Seahawks is the best at that position and anyone that doesn't agree is an idiot.

It's just as silly as Niners banging on about Kaepernick's "upside" as if somehow this is more important than actual production.

I think they have more right to claim they are going to repeat than a team that only repeats near misses.