There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Seahawks, still 2 Superbowl wins behind the Raiders, Thread

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Baldwin and Kearse worry me more than Harvin. Tate always seemed to play well and make plays against us in the last two seasons. Baldwin has always played well against us as well, I think he scored a long TD in week 1 in 2011 (as a rookie).

They're not exactly Bruce, Holt and Hakim 2.0, but their guys seem to get the job done.

This is where I give Wilson credit. Tate was good. Baldwin benefits greatly from Wilson's mobility buying time to make plays. The three are good enough to beat most teams when you account for Harvin but it is Wilson at the crux of that passing game. Lynch is the key to the offense overall
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Baldwin and Kearse worry me more than Harvin. Tate always seemed to play well and make plays against us in the last two seasons. Baldwin has always played well against us as well, I think he scored a long TD in week 1 in 2011 (as a rookie).

They're not exactly Bruce, Holt and Hakim 2.0, but their guys seem to get the job done.

This is where I give Wilson credit. Tate was good. Baldwin benefits greatly from Wilson's mobility buying time to make plays. The three are good enough to beat most teams when you account for Harvin but it is Wilson at the crux of that passing game. Lynch is the key to the offense overall

Midget Wilson is a good QB, no doubt about it. Lynch does help because Lynch keeps the defensive pass rush off Wilson with the ground game. Lynch is a good outlet and check down receiver too. Marshall Faulk played a similar role to Lynch in the Rams super bowl run to - helping Warner win the super bowl. When Kurt didn't have much of a running attack (as would any QB) their play suffers. Colin would not be where he is if not for Frank. Teams with great defensive lines should have more success against Wilson than teams that don't have great defensive lines because of Wilson's height, but with that mobility a defense needs good coverage DB's also. To defeat the seadderall seachickens - you have to be able to out score them. Having a great defense is not enough.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who are the seahawks starting wrs?

1. Harvin
2. Baldwin
3. Kearse

Is that right? Pretty sad group tbh

"Pedestrian" . . .
Just the way they like it ;-)

I just remembered didn't Baldwin have one of the best games of his life in the NFCCG?

That's true. I think the best way to evaluate a player is to only focus on their best game, and not their entire career.

being sarcastic btw.

Baldwin in general has never been spectacular. But he's always been clutch. That's definitely an intangible that is a major factor. Just so many crucial 3rd down plays he's extended, or in the case of the NFCCG a game where we were clearly losing and somebody needed to step up and bring us back into the game with big catches and returns. On one hand, if he was overall a better player, maybe we don't end up in those situations where you need someone to be clutch. But at the same time when you play good teams, you're in that situation regardless and you're just thankful you have someone who can succeed in those situations.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Midget Wilson is a good QB, no doubt about it. Lynch does help because Lynch keeps the defensive pass rush off Wilson with the ground game. Lynch is a good outlet and check down receiver too. Marshall Faulk played a similar role to Lynch in the Rams super bowl run to - helping Warner win the super bowl. When Kurt didn't have much of a running attack (as would any QB) their play suffers. Colin would not be where he is if not for Frank. Teams with great defensive lines should have more success against Wilson than teams that don't have great defensive lines because of Wilson's height, but with that mobility a defense needs good coverage DB's also. To defeat the seadderall seachickens - you have to be able to out score them. Having a great defense is not enough.

Yeah unless you're the Cardinals. I need to re-watch that game, but the thought of it is painful. They had 4 turnovers and still beat us due to amazing defense.
I don't think a receiver corps which is 1. Harvin, 2. Baldwin and 3. Kearse is a bad receiver corps or a "pedestrian" one. I think they're all good and Harvin, of course, can at times be sensational at times. I just think it's very thin and I'll believe Harvin can make it through a season at this point when I see him do it. Baldwin looks very fast on the field. And evidently one of their rookies is a flat-out speed burner. So, I don't want to get too carried away with this idea that it's a huge deficit for the Seahawks this year.

I think the effect of losing all that depth on defense and in the receiving corps is going to show itself at some point during the season. I have a feeling that Lynch isn't going to be as productive as he was last year because he's an emotional player. I suspect that teams are learning how to better contain Wilson in the pocket and stay on Hawks receivers longer because of the scramble-broken play kind of thing. I suspect teams will finally figure out some ways to take advantage of the Seahawks' corners speed deficits. And of course, Niner fans all know about how when you've won a Super Bowl, every team you play the next season comes at you like wild dogs.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
I don't think a receiver corps which is 1. Harvin, 2. Baldwin and 3. Kearse is a bad receiver corps or a "pedestrian" one. I think they're all good and Harvin, of course, can at times be sensational at times. I just think it's very thin and I'll believe Harvin can make it through a season at this point when I see him do it. Baldwin looks very fast on the field. And evidently one of their rookies is a flat-out speed burner. So, I don't want to get too carried away with this idea that it's a huge deficit for the Seahawks this year.

I think the effect of losing all that depth on defense and in the receiving corps is going to show itself at some point during the season. I have a feeling that Lynch isn't going to be as productive as he was last year because he's an emotional player. I suspect that teams are learning how to better contain Wilson in the pocket and stay on Hawks receivers longer because of the scramble-broken play kind of thing. I suspect teams will finally figure out some ways to take advantage of the Seahawks' corners speed deficits. And of course, Niner fans all know about how when you've won a Super Bowl, every team you play the next season comes at you like wild dogs.

Yep! the seadderall fans will find that out soon enough.
Yeah unless you're the Cardinals. I need to re-watch that game, but the thought of it is painful. They had 4 turnovers and still beat us due to amazing defense.

That game meant nothing to your Hawks and you underestimated them. Like us and the Rams in 2012 (we tied and lost). Outlier games that portends nothing.

R. Wilson can't beat us at home and Kap can't beat you at your home. Given that, little things will continue to make a big difference.

Hawk fans hope:
  • Richardson is a real force
  • Harvin comes into his own and stays injury free
  • Niner absences significant: Bowman, A. Smith, Boone
  • We end up with a better season record

Niners fans hope:
  • Hope our red-shirts (Lattimore, Carradine & Dial) plus higher draft picks (we had 6 picks in top 110 and you 2) mean better team and depth
  • Your tougher schedule (Panthers/Packers/Eagles ) vs (Saints/Bears/Cowboys). 4th week bye .. our much later
  • We have figured out finally how to play in CLink (NFC Title game was the closest in modern era of beating you ... dominated 3.5 qtrs)
Derailed
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Derailed

Originally posted by OldJoe:

That game meant nothing to your Hawks and you underestimated them. Like us and the Rams in 2012 (we tied and lost). Outlier games that portends nothing.

R. Wilson can't beat us at home and Kap can't beat you at your home. Given that, little things will continue to make a big difference.

Hawk fans hope:

Niners fans hope:
  • Hope our red-shirts (Lattimore, Carradine & Dial) plus higher draft picks (we had 6 picks in top 110 and you 2) mean better team and depth
  • Your tougher schedule (Panthers/Packers/Eagles ) vs (Saints/Bears/Cowboys). 4th week bye .. our much later
  • We have figured out finally how to play in CLink (NFC Title game was the closest in modern era of beating you ... dominated 3.5 qtrs)
This is they key point. The hags keep saying they are unbeatable at home, blah blah blah,,,,but don't let them forget, when was the last time they won in Candestick? Let Levi's keep the tradition going!
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
This is they key point. The hags keep saying they are unbeatable at home, blah blah blah,,,,but don't let them forget, when was the last time they won in Candlestick? Let Levi's keep the tradition going!

They can't beat us without crowd noise and they know it. THat is why we must get homefield. God damn Drew Brees you pussbutt.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM ]
Baldwin in general has never been spectacular. But he's always been clutch. That's definitely an intangible that is a major factor. Just so many crucial 3rd down plays he's extended, or in the case of the NFCCG a game where we were clearly losing and somebody needed to step up and bring us back into the game with big catches and returns. On one hand, if he was overall a better player, maybe we don't end up in those situations where you need someone to be clutch. But at the same time when you play good teams, you're in that situation regardless and you're just thankful you have someone who can succeed in those situations.

Truth.

Hawk fans hope:

Niners fans hope:

how so? seattle needed every win it could get to win the division. losing to the cardinals made their week 17 game vs the rams a must win if they wanted to division, a bye and homefield.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Hawk fans hope:

Niners fans hope:

how so? seattle needed every win it could get to win the division. losing to the cardinals made their week 17 game vs the rams a must win if they wanted to division, a bye and homefield.

Agreed, and the Rams earlier in the season (and hell the season prior against the Niners) showed that they're not a team to be taken lightly. If the Hawks lost against the Rams in the last game, we would lose HFA, go into the playoffs on the road after losing 2 home games in a row to teams barely in the top 20. Yeah I'd say good bye SB.

Add this to the Hawk fans hope:
- Kearse continues to improve OR Norwood proves to be a good big body receiver
- CK does NOT improve his reads/progressions especially at CLINK
- The NFL does NOT penalize us for our physical defensive play
- O-Line gets (MUCH) better
- Hawks finally get a win on the road against San Fran (as someone else said, trust me, we are aware we haven't beaten the Niners on the road in like 7 games, which is why that 2 pt loss still stings despite the SB winning season)
- Christine Michael displays the possibility that he really is the future Beast Mode replacement as early as 2015, because we really can't afford Beast after this season unless he repeats his 2012 season numbers.

Like you said "little things will continue to make a big difference."
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jul 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by crake49:

Yep! the seadderall fans will find that out soon enough.

My hope is SB repeat. My expectation is playoffs. I think that's fair.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who are the seahawks starting wrs?

1. Harvin
2. Baldwin
3. Kearse

Is that right? Pretty sad group tbh

"Pedestrian" . . .
Just the way they like it ;-)

I just remembered didn't Baldwin have one of the best games of his life in the NFCCG?

That's true. I think the best way to evaluate a player is to only focus on their best game, and not their entire career.

being sarcastic btw.

Agree on Baldwin. I'm also a Stanford fan, so I'm very familiar with him and how clutch he is. Bummed we didn't draft him in 2011. Our WR coach (former USC assistant) pounded the table for his boy Ronald Johnson. Big mistake.