LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

who is LJ McCray?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Had surgery on a knee
  • Ike49
OMcCray is an absolute stud, it's a shame he got hurt. Love this dudes game, I hope he comes back strong
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Had surgery on a knee

MCL? ACL? LCL? PCL? At the mid-season point, I imagine this might take him out for the rest of the year. Jermaine Whitehead may get his shot now. Either that, or they actually let Dontae Johnson get playing time and give him some reps at safety.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Had surgery on a knee

MCL? ACL? LCL? PCL? At the mid-season point, I imagine this might take him out for the rest of the year. Jermaine Whitehead may get his shot now. Either that, or they actually let Dontae Johnson get playing time and give him some reps at safety.

Tomsula said it's not ACL but wouldn't specify what it was
LJ McCray is hurt? since when?
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 33m33 minutes ago

#49ers safety, special teamer LJ McCray had a meniscus tear repaired Tuesday. Could come back late this season but IR still possible.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Let the kid rest for now.. he had a good year with the chances he got..

Next year, I expect him to be our starting SS along side Tartt..
Originally posted by 9moon:

What?
Originally posted by 9moon:

Good call on letting recuperate to 100%

I don't think he'll start but I do see him getting a lot of playing time.

He's too good to keep off the field.
Wonder how he'll bounce back from injury. . . last years ST was lacking his hitting

Wonder how he'll bounce back from injury. . . last years ST was lacking his hitting

Yeah, he's our best gunner for sure and he can play SS too.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:

Unlike Bellore, who was supposed to be a ST ace, McCray showed up on nearly every punt coverage snap like a heat seeking missile. If he's healthy, I can see him earning a roster spot based solely on his ST skills. He's the new CJ Spillman.
Originally posted by thl408:

Unlike Bellore, who was supposed to be a ST ace, McCray showed up on nearly every punt coverage snap like a heat seeking missile. If he's healthy, I can see him earning a roster spot based solely on his ST skills. He's the new CJ Spillman.

I'm on board with it. Once upon a time, it seems we were loaded with special teams stars.
Originally posted by thl408:

Man can lay the wood too.
All this. Easily our ST ace. Bellore never impressed me, I think he's not making it this year
Share 49ersWebzone