There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which Franchise has the Greatest Legacy of Receivers in the NFL?

Originally posted by cciowa:
you can not forget about cliff branch

I knew I had forgotten at least one
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
cardinals/
jackie smith
mel gray
jv cain, a wonderful tight end who died tragically
ike harris
roy green
boldin
larry fitzgerald
pat tilley
my boy david boston.
bobby joe conrad
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
you can not forget about cliff branch

I knew I had forgotten at least one
fred cheated with the stickum stuff
cardinals/
jackie smith
mel gray
jv cain, a wonderful tight end who died tragically
ike harris
roy green
boldin
larry fitzgerald
pat tilley
my boy david boston.
bobby joe conrad

rob moore was also a pro bowler in the 90's. also that dude from jerry maguire
Us and the cowgirls.The dominance and consistency spreads decades with both teams.Id have to throw GB up there also.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 14, 2014 at 3:58 AM ]
We do.

Rice
Owens
Moss
Bruce

They all played with 49ers at some point in their careers.
Knee jerk response would be the 49ers. They had the most consistent level of talent for 20 years from Freddie S. and Clark to Owens.

But part of me has to say the Raiders have the 49ers beat over time. They had a stable before Stabler arrived and were flat out scary up until Brown retired.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Rice
Owens
Moss
Bruce

They were at different stages of their careers, but it's hard to believe these 4 guys were all playing at a very high level from 1998-2002.
[ Edited by LayTheWoodall on Jun 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
We do.

Rice
Owens
Moss
Bruce

They all played with 49ers at some point in their careers.

This ... now we can add Boldin to the list
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Janitor:
The packers seem to be able to make a great WR out of guy who used to be nobody. They've done it consistently for almost 20 years.

Donald Driver, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson.

That's a pretty decent list.

Historically it's hard to argue against the 49ers, but I wanted to at least give someone else a chance lol

best gb wr was don hutson

Had sterling sharpe not have gotten hurt it would have been crazy to think the numbers he would have put up with a Favre hitting his prime.

In the 90s, I had rice #1, Irvin #2a and sharpe #2b.

Once he got in holmgrens WCO, he averaged 105 catches and caught 42 tds in three years. Shannon sharpe was right when he said he is probably the only football HOFer that's not even the best football player in his own family. Had sharpe been able to continue he probably would have had 1100 career catches, 15,000 yards and 120 or so career tds.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jun 28, 2014 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Janitor:
The packers seem to be able to make a great WR out of guy who used to be nobody. They've done it consistently for almost 20 years.

Donald Driver, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson.

That's a pretty decent list.

Historically it's hard to argue against the 49ers, but I wanted to at least give someone else a chance lol

best gb wr was don hutson

Had sterling sharpe not have gotten hurt it would have been crazy to think the numbers he would have put up with a Favre hitting his prime.

In the 90s, I had rice #1, Irvin #2a and sharpe #2b.

Once he got in holmgrens WCO, he averaged 105 catches and caught 42 tds in three years. Shannon sharpe was right when he said he is probably the only football HOFer that's not even the best football player in his own family. Had sharpe been able to continue he probably would have had 1100 career catches, 15,000 yards and 120 or so career tds.

I agree with you on this. Sterling was an animal before his neck inj.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Freddy Solomon, Dwight Clark, Terrell Owens, Michael Crabtree. with cameos by anquan boldin, randy moss, isaac bruce and probably a few other notables that im forgetting. I dont think any franchise can f**k with us as far as receivers and QBs go

Can't forget RC Owens.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Its hard to top the niners rich receiver history but steelers come in close second imo. Swann, Stallworth, and Ward were great in their prime.

chris carter and randy moss for the vikes was cool too but thats all they got i think. niners legacy at receiver is off the charts

You can add in Jake Reed. I'm not old enough to remember, but didn't the Vikings have some decent receivers in the 70s?