There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which Franchise has the Greatest Legacy of Receivers in the NFL?

49ers? Green Bay? Steelers?? Miami???

Name the team and who...

well one team had each of the top 3 rec td leaders play for them and 2 of them spent the bulk of their careers in sf. so theres your answer.
Originally posted by crabman82:
well one team had each of the top 3 rec td leaders play for them and 2 of them spent the bulk of their careers in sf. so theres your answer.

We also had issac bruce!
Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Freddy Solomon, Dwight Clark, Terrell Owens, Michael Crabtree. with cameos by anquan boldin, randy moss, isaac bruce and probably a few other notables that im forgetting. I dont think any franchise can f**k with us as far as receivers and QBs go
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Freddy Solomon, Dwight Clark, Terrell Owens, Michael Crabtree. with cameos by anquan boldin, randy moss, isaac bruce and probably a few other notables that im forgetting. I dont think any franchise can f**k with us as far as receivers and QBs go

This
Seattle

haha... Just kidding. That franchise is a joke
The packers seem to be able to make a great WR out of guy who used to be nobody. They've done it consistently for almost 20 years.

Donald Driver, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson.

That's a pretty decent list.

Historically it's hard to argue against the 49ers, but I wanted to at least give someone else a chance lol
Originally posted by Janitor:
The packers seem to be able to make a great WR out of guy who used to be nobody. They've done it consistently for almost 20 years.

Historically it's hard to argue against the 49ers, but I wanted to at least give someone else a chance lol

I can't remember a receiver consistently playing so well against the 49ers as much as Antonio Freeman did for years from the mid 90s to the early 00s.
With Swann and Stallworth the Steelers have a head start but more recentl results are more disappointing. There is Ward and a couple of others but that's about it.
In terms of a duo Jerry and JT are as good as it gets.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
In terms of a duo Jerry and JT are as good as it gets.

If we're just talking duo then Fitz and Boldin have to be in the conversation.
with guys like rashaun woods, tai streets, antonio bryant, jason hill, brandon lloyd, aj jenkins... how could anybody go against the 49ers? lol

we had the greatest WRs from the 80s into the 90s, but it's been bad since then. i wouldn't call crabtree great yet, he's only had 1 year with over 1000 yards, and in this NFL, 1000 yards isn't hard to get anymore.

imo, it's a toss up between the steelers and packers.
Originally posted by Janitor:

best gb wr was don hutson
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
with guys like rashaun woods, tai streets, antonio bryant, jason hill, brandon lloyd, aj jenkins... how could anybody go against the 49ers? lol

we had the greatest WRs from the 80s into the 90s, but it's been bad since then. i wouldn't call crabtree great yet, he's only had 1 year with over 1000 yards, and in this NFL, 1000 yards isn't hard to get anymore.

imo, it's a toss up between the steelers and packers.

I was thinking the same thing. Lotta homerism but that's to be expected. We went about a decade without a 1000 yard receivers but somehow we have the greatest legacy of WRs. Lol.

My gut says the Packers. They always seem to have good receivers no matter when you look at them. We were great in the 80s and 90s, but if we're talking sustained greatness the Packers would be my guess.
Clearly the Seahawks:
Largent, Darrel Jackson, Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin