There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Alex Smith/Kansas City Thread

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So, who emerges as the #2 WR? Avery? Hemingway? Jenkins? UDFA Wilson? I'm not even going to bother considering Kyle Williams.

Originally posted by Jcool:
So, who emerges as the #2 WR? Avery? Hemingway? Jenkins? UDFA Wilson? I'm not even going to bother considering Kyle Williams.

Donnie Avery is the clear #2 as of right now.

Avery was the guy last year. Hearing that there are expectations that Jenkins had improved. I like Hemmingway, but it has been quiet on that front. The fact that they only replace Dexter speaks volumes on the coaches opinion. Not sure I would agree.
I don't think there will be a clear #2 WR for the Chiefs going into 2014. But they will have a good set with Bowe, Avery, and Hemingway.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I don't think there will be a clear #2 WR for the Chiefs going into 2014. But they will have a good set with Bowe, Avery, and Hemingway.

With a set of healthy tight ends, they could really do some damage. I would love to see what Albert Wilson could do. Very raw, but is a talented kid. Thought he would get drafted.

With a set of healthy tight ends, they could really do some damage. I would love to see what Albert Wilson could do. Very raw, but is a talented kid. Thought he would get drafted.

Agree with both of you! I like the youth of the group but Bowe and Avery have to set a veteran attitude (only two players, other than Williams, with more than three years in experience); which worries me. But, that means they may actually be pushed if Williams still works as hard as he did with the niners. He may be much more suited for this offense. Same could be true of Jenkins...if he works like a madman.

The TEs disappointed me last year so I expect them to be much better, healthier and productive this year!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Agree with both of you! I like the youth of the group but Bowe and Avery have to set a veteran attitude (only two players, other than Williams, with more than three years in experience); which worries me. But, that means they may actually be pushed if Williams still works as hard as he did with the niners. He may be much more suited for this offense. Same could be true of Jenkins...if he works like a madman.

The TEs disappointed me last year so I expect them to be much better, healthier and productive this year!

I think the TEs this season will be the big factor. I don't think the WRs they have are anything special other than Bowe being a solid #1 without a solid #2. Having healthy TEs could make all the difference in the world.
http://www.chiefsspin.com/reid-pleased-with-progress-during-otas/

Dwayne Bowe comes off a disappointing 2013 season from a statistical point of view, but the second season in the Chiefs' offense should help.

Another factor surrounds how Bowe has looked physically and mentally to his head coach.

"Dwayne came back in phenomenal shape," Reid said, "that's one thing. It looks like it out there. He's really moving around well."

While other wide receivers like Junior Hemingway, Weston Dressler or Albert Wilson have turned heads, Bowe has also consistently made tough catches look easy throughout the OTAs.

"Look forward to getting to camp and getting to where it actually counts," Reid said. "He's in the right frame of mind."

The Chiefs head coach also complimented Donnie Avery,

"Donnie looks good," Reid said. "Really looks good, running fast. Remember this time last year he had the high ankle, so there was something there. He really missed all the OTAs, and then he came back and he had he scapula that he hurt. He's in good shape right now."
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I can see him signing a deal for 14-15 if it has a high guaranteed portion in the form of a signing bonus. Personally, I wouldn't take a "team friendly" structure on the guaranteed money if I was Alex. I'd have no problem leaving them for Houston next year if they don't want to pay me.

leaving for Houston, or anywhere else, creates the same problem he had earlier in his career--new o-coordinators, new offensive systems etc etc

Smith finally got past the OC problems of early, can't use that one anymore

Houston would be a perfect fit

well whie we are speculating....maybe the dolphins flame out this year, harbaugh leaves niners in a snit over money and goes to fins, and goes after Smith
I can see him signing a deal for 14-15 if it has a high guaranteed portion in the form of a signing bonus. Personally, I wouldn't take a "team friendly" structure on the guaranteed money if I was Alex. I'd have no problem leaving them for Houston next year if they don't want to pay me.

leaving for Houston, or anywhere else, creates the same problem he had earlier in his career--new o-coordinators, new offensive systems etc etc

well whie we are speculating....maybe the dolphins flame out this year, harbaugh leaves niners in a snit over money and goes to fins, and goes after Smith

Miami ? Not even feasible ... You can do better then that

How about Arizona or should I say to really fk with us..the raiders
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Cool as pic, tho weird not seeing the sd or giants cap! Like to see alex meet us in the sb! Could ya imagine that storyline of sb49 in az.....
Goniners...obviously us taking home that lombardi

Lmao, i like the speculation of harbaugh resigning with us, before contracts end!
Tho while speulating... harbaugh goes miami, due to kaeps contract gets released n signs wit harbs in miami.. lol he already owns the dolphins hat.....i would cry

I dont wanna see neither of these menwith another team... ever
I don't care what anyone says. Alex Smith is a stud. His stats the last 3 years have been terrific. He took a 2-14 team and led them to the Playoffs. Had a fantastic playoff game, no thanks to the D. I root for the Chiefs now. Well......I root for the 49ers, but when the Chiefs are playing anyone except SF, then I'll root for them. Real talk.
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:
I don't care what anyone says. Alex Smith is a stud. His stats the last 3 years have been terrific. He took a 2-14 team and led them to the Playoffs. Had a fantastic playoff game, no thanks to the D. I root for the Chiefs now. Well......I root for the 49ers, but when the Chiefs are playing anyone except SF, then I'll root for them. Real talk.

Jamal Charles took that team to the playoffs

LOL. You're probably right. Charles was a stud last year. His 5 TD game vs the Raiders was insane.
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:

LOL. You're probably right. Charles was a stud last year. His 5 TD game vs the Raiders was insane.

Well it's not all JC..Alex did his fair share...but if he didn't have JC...