There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Alex Smith/Kansas City Thread

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Overkill:
What's the over/under on Alex's next contract? 18 mil?

I still think 14-17 range.
10-13
14-17 with incentives

sorry i dont mean to bring up Kaep, but wouldn't his deal create a whole new type of future contracting (prove your worth)
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hey, dont come in here making sense my man. lol

I don't know how much data is available, but seems to me that if a regular page is about 1200 characters..roughly 1 KB. This page has a bit over 700 words. That's about 150 kbs for 300 pages of Alex smith threads. If we included all the Alex smith threads over the past year we might hit 800 pages? So 400kb...let's call it half a meg.

It's not like every thread on this website is that kind of load on the server. Just how limited are the resources?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Overkill:
What's the over/under on Alex's next contract? 18 mil?

I still think 14-17 range.
10-13
14-17 with incentives

sorry i dont mean to bring up Kaep, but wouldn't his deal create a whole new type of future contracting (prove your worth)

I think Alex will take the other side of the coin. Lower cash but higher guarantees. We'll see. I'm interested to see how it plays out.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hey, dont come in here making sense my man. lol

I don't know how much data is available, but seems to me that if a regular page is about 1200 characters..roughly 1 KB. This page has a bit over 700 words. That's about 150 kbs for 300 pages of Alex smith threads. If we included all the Alex smith threads over the past year we might hit 800 pages? So 400kb...let's call it half a meg.

It's not like every thread on this website is that kind of load on the server. Just how limited are the resources?
why just the past year, how about all the AS threads
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hey, dont come in here making sense my man. lol

I don't know how much data is available, but seems to me that if a regular page is about 1200 characters..roughly 1 KB. This page has a bit over 700 words. That's about 150 kbs for 300 pages of Alex smith threads. If we included all the Alex smith threads over the past year we might hit 800 pages? So 400kb...let's call it half a meg.

It's not like every thread on this website is that kind of load on the server. Just how limited are the resources?
why just the past year, how about all the AS threads

Well the forum doesn't keep anything past 3 years if I understand correctly. But I guess you could go to his last year as a 9er.
If the Chiefs (same story with Hawks) after Alex's agents bring up Cutler/Flacco/Romo etc ...
NFL teams now can bring up Kap's "team-friendly" deal to rebuff/rebutt. Could Kap's contract have impact on future QB negotiations?
How many fanbases will scream "team-friendly" deal for their own QB?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Overkill:
What's the over/under on Alex's next contract? 18 mil?

I still think 14-17 range.
10-13
14-17 with incentives

sorry i dont mean to bring up Kaep, but wouldn't his deal create a whole new type of future contracting (prove your worth)


They should give him 14-15 a year, for however long he wants. Just make the guarenteed up front, and if you want to move on, you can. If they someday get a young guy they want, they can either cut him, or make him restructure and mentor the new QB.

Alex is still young, wins, doesnt turn it over and is very good in this offense. Doesnt make sense to not give him 14-15 a year.
I can see him signing a deal for 14-15 if it has a high guaranteed portion in the form of a signing bonus. Personally, I wouldn't take a "team friendly" structure on the guaranteed money if I was Alex. I'd have no problem leaving them for Houston next year if they don't want to pay me.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I can see him signing a deal for 14-15 if it has a high guaranteed portion in the form of a signing bonus. Personally, I wouldn't take a "team friendly" structure on the guaranteed money if I was Alex. I'd have no problem leaving them for Houston next year if they don't want to pay me.

leaving for Houston, or anywhere else, creates the same problem he had earlier in his career--new o-coordinators, new offensive systems etc etc
  • Taco
  • Member
  • Posts: 33
anyone think smith will go into coaching after he retires. Smart guy finally realizing his potential, man i wanted the chiefs to beat the broncos last year.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I can see him signing a deal for 14-15 if it has a high guaranteed portion in the form of a signing bonus. Personally, I wouldn't take a "team friendly" structure on the guaranteed money if I was Alex. I'd have no problem leaving them for Houston next year if they don't want to pay me.

leaving for Houston, or anywhere else, creates the same problem he had earlier in his career--new o-coordinators, new offensive systems etc etc

Smith finally got past the OC problems of early, can't use that one anymore

Houston would be a perfect fit
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I can see him signing a deal for 14-15 if it has a high guaranteed portion in the form of a signing bonus. Personally, I wouldn't take a "team friendly" structure on the guaranteed money if I was Alex. I'd have no problem leaving them for Houston next year if they don't want to pay me.

leaving for Houston, or anywhere else, creates the same problem he had earlier in his career--new o-coordinators, new offensive systems etc etc

Smith finally got past the OC problems of early, can't use that one anymore

Houston would be a perfect fit

This. He produced in his first year under both Harbaugh & Reid. Houston is the type of talent laden under performer that would benefit greatly from a guy like Smith.
So, who emerges as the #2 WR? Avery? Hemingway? Jenkins? UDFA Wilson? I'm not even going to bother considering Kyle Williams.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So, who emerges as the #2 WR? Avery? Hemingway? Jenkins? UDFA Wilson? I'm not even going to bother considering Kyle Williams.

I really like Hemingway and Smith seems to be able to find him easily. Not comfortable with Avery, Jenkins or Williams...though who knows? Can they be more erratic than McCluster?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,030
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So, who emerges as the #2 WR? Avery? Hemingway? Jenkins? UDFA Wilson? I'm not even going to bother considering Kyle Williams.

Donnie Avery is the clear #2 as of right now.