There are 203 users in the forums

NFL trying to find ground for middle tier quarterbacks.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
qb's need a separate cap

Player cap? One player can't represent more than 5% of the total salary?
I totally agree. Not sure when QBs figured they should be paid 20+ million. The Bears and Cowboys really f**ked up the market. Romo and Cutler getting that money and now every guy figures he should be paid that.
As much as I hate Brady look at his contract compared to the other guys. Ridiculous.
CBA is working as intended. Signed Peyton Manning & Drew Brees.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I totally agree. Not sure when QBs figured they should be paid 20+ million. The Bears and Cowboys really f**ked up the market. Romo and Cutler getting that money and now every guy figures he should be paid that.

No, it was Baltimore that really "f**ked up the market" being forced to give Flacco $52 million guaranteed. Might have been better off letting him test free agency. While he did have that hot streak in the playoffs, i don't think he is ever going to be that type to put up the huge numbers. He can throw a great deep ball but, but after 6 seasons still doesn't have much of an intermediate or short passing touch.
As much as I hate Brady look at his contract compared to the other guys. Ridiculous.

Brady did his contract YEARS ago...he just added on some more years..also Brady's contract is guaranteed against injury. So yeah he's taking less...but he has less risk. Also, he has already been paid..so he's looking for wins now.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Brady did his contract YEARS ago...he just added on some more years..also Brady's contract is guaranteed against injury. So yeah he's taking less...but he has less risk. Also, he has already been paid..so he's looking for wins now.

Plus I'm pretty sure he's rich AF outside of football as well. Not to mention his hot ass rich wife.

As far as the thread topic my personal opinion even though it means nothing
Mid Tier- 14-16 mill
Top Tier- 16-20 mill
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 3, 2014 at 10:11 AM ]
Hopefully the rest of the players in the NFL wise up during the next CBA and realize all these mediocre over paid QBs are taking money directly out of their pockets. They should max player cap it like the NBA.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
No QB should make more than 10% of payroll. A QB can't win by themselves. The first team to pay a QB like an NBA headliner was flat out stupid in doing so now we are all forced to do this crap

And NFL football coaches shouldn't make more than the President of the US but.............

Capitalism/Market-place doesn't give a rats-rear on what most people find reasonable or fair.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
15 mil is MORE than fair for a QB like Alex. If the Cutler deal never happened...Condon would have agreed to 10-13 mi without blinking.

One transaction didn't set the market.

As long as the NFL'S "conventional wisdom" dictates that a franchise QB is a must. The numbers will continue on this path. Most see there are maybe 12-15 QBs that just might possibly take them to the promised land. The rest are searching for this person and would pay dearly to get one.
We are in the midst of a cycle where QBs continue to go up in value and RBs the opposite.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Hopefully the rest of the players in the NFL wise up during the next CBA and realize all these mediocre over paid QBs are taking money directly out of their pockets. They should max player cap it like the NBA.

Yeah. And with all the saftey rules, playing qb is easy as ever and way less dangerous. What is the justification for these salaries . Staffordz and cutlers and romos of the world get 4-5 thousand yards regulary. But cant win in the playoffs
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
No, it was Baltimore that really "f**ked up the market" being forced to give Flacco $52 million guaranteed. Might have been better off letting him test free agency. While he did have that hot streak in the playoffs, i don't think he is ever going to be that type to put up the huge numbers. He can throw a great deep ball but, but after 6 seasons still doesn't have much of an intermediate or short passing touch.

Flacco should be paying Q 10% of his check like tithes for getting that deal BC that's who got it for him. Q beasted and Flacco got paid.

The NFL is really dumb with how it does things these days. Everybody knows and sees that a qb ain't s**t by himself, but money and dolla bills start clouding judgement and teams do retarded things. Like you said, Flacco on the open market would been better. At least they woulda kept everybody else who didn't retire. They could a reloaded with draft picks and been in the playoffs the next year with a marginal QB.

Its not that the Niners FO is all that smart. They just use a lot of common sense and don't let dollars completely dictate their actions.
Share 49ersWebzone