2nd Favriote Team?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If you have a 2nd favorite team you're not a true Niner fan

Stupid.

Let's see, sticking with this team through Joe Thomas, OJ, Pete McCulley,the recent decade of suck, getting in fights as a kid on the playground because the 49ers were horrible, risking the wrath of Drill Instructors to try to find out the scores of Niner games while in boot camp, being a STH for 20+ years, buying thousands of $$ worth of merchandise with that 'SF' logo on it, anyone with half a brain would concede that's being a true Niner fan...and if there's a 'B' team I like, it does nothing to change that.
if there is a b team then it's not loyal by definition

No, not at all, but keep puffing your chest out and making stuff up.

I think some people relate loyalty to a team on par with loyalty in a relationship with a gf or wife. If you enjoy another team, you're sleeping with them...hence cheating.

I look at it more like a best friend. Always my best friend, we fight, we argue, still I'm always loyal to my best friend..but I sure as hell have other friends.
[ Edited by Jakemall on May 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM ]
I was also there every Sunday when they sucked and but I've gone to every game, the 49ers are my team..win lose or tie.

The 49ers don't owe you or anyone anything. And..They didn't price anyone out of the market. There was options for everyone.

Sorry, but What you just posted is far from loyalty

You're right there were options, but also wrong because they did price people out. At the Stick I had Upper Box Sideline on the 10, 49ers side of the field...then they alloted me 416, corner EZ on visitor side at SC. Not "equivalent", and zero interest in paying the SBL required to get seats much closer to equivalent to what I had at Candlestick.

But I guess to you, "loyalty" means overpaying for a luxury item, certainly not a necessity. That makes sense.
"loyalty to team" to really say thats is MY team, you do not need to prove how much pay or dont pay.

now for SC seats

What do you mean not equivalent ?

The seats they gave me were total opposite to what i had at the stick, all i had to do was call and change them. SBL is standard for all new NFL stadiums most likely in CA because the Season ticket holders are the ones funding the stadium.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Stupid.

Let's see, sticking with this team through Joe Thomas, OJ, Pete McCulley,the recent decade of suck, getting in fights as a kid on the playground because the 49ers were horrible, risking the wrath of Drill Instructors to try to find out the scores of Niner games while in boot camp, being a STH for 20+ years, buying thousands of $$ worth of merchandise with that 'SF' logo on it, anyone with half a brain would concede that's being a true Niner fan...and if there's a 'B' team I like, it does nothing to change that.

I think some people relate loyalty to a team on par with loyalty in a relationship with a gf or wife. If you enjoy another team, you're sleeping with them...hence cheating.

I look at it more like a best friend. Always my best friend, we fight, we argue, still I'm always loyal to my best friend..but I sure as hell have other friends.

Well, like I said above, someone with half a brain would concede that all the things I listed certainly equate to being a true fan...but therein lies the rub, the half a brian part. Some people can't grasp that being a "true fan" of one team and having casual interest in another are not mutually exclusive concepts...the latter can exist without diminishing the former.
The Miami Dolphins . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cheerleaders.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Stupid.

Well, like I said above, someone with half a brain would concede that all the things I listed certainly equate to being a true fan...but therein lies the rub, the half a brian part. Some people can't grasp that being a "true fan" of one team and having casual interest in another are not mutually exclusive concepts...the latter can exist without diminishing the former.
i hope the full brains at least look at the definition of loyal

Does your "half a Brian" part refer to the Life of Brian?

And by the way can you people discuss something without getting all emotional and hitting out at each other? Just for the novelty?
I was also there every Sunday when they sucked and but I've gone to every game, the 49ers are my team..win lose or tie.

The 49ers don't owe you or anyone anything. And..They didn't price anyone out of the market. There was options for everyone.

Sorry, but What you just posted is far from loyalty

You're right there were options, but also wrong because they did price people out. At the Stick I had Upper Box Sideline on the 10, 49ers side of the field...then they alloted me 416, corner EZ on visitor side at SC. Not "equivalent", and zero interest in paying the SBL required to get seats much closer to equivalent to what I had at Candlestick.

But I guess to you, "loyalty" means overpaying for a luxury item, certainly not a necessity. That makes sense.
"loyalty to team" to really say thats is MY team, you do not need to prove how much pay or dont pay.

now for SC seats

What do you mean not equivalent ?

The seats they gave me were total opposite to what i had at the stick, all i had to do was call and change them. SBL is standard for all new NFL stadiums most likely in CA because the Season ticket holders are the ones funding the stadium.

SBL is standard...really? Thanks for the update.

Not sure what you don't understand about the term "not equivalent"...I declined Club seats, so then I had to wait for my seat allotment, i.e. seats they deemed equivalent to what I had in the Stick. Obviously, though, with so many fewer 49er side seats in SC, they weren't going to be able to offer everyone truly equivalent seats.

And I'm not p**sed or anything at the 49ers, it basically came down to a business decision...I didn't want the seats I was allotted, and did not want to pay the much higher SBL to have seats equivalent to what I had before. The buddy I shared the Candlestick STs with bought four Club seats, so I have an open invitation to go with him pretty much whenever, so that's good for now...but ooh, will that make me "disloyal" since he's actually a huge Seahawks fan???
Originally posted by English:

Does your "half a Brian" part refer to the Life of Brian?

And by the way can you people discuss something without getting all emotional and hitting out at each other? Just for the novelty?

And I guess taking a dig at a spelling error is your novelty?

But "Life of Brian" is a great movie, so there's that.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on May 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I agree ...when you stick with your team when QB's like "Steve Stenstrom" , "Cody Pickett" .."JT O'Sullivan" .."Rick Mirer" .."Trent Dilfer" and "Troy Smith" were under center, and you didn't abandon your team during those hard times, that shows loyalty ...I know of some "Niner fans " that had nothing to do with our team during all those bad seasons, and then suddenly returned when Harbaugh made the team competitive again ... that is not a loyal fan
some of us went through joe thomas and oj with a few fans at games with bags on their heads. that had us ready for eventual bad times because we had already seen the worst

Joe Thomas ...still cant believe how much we gave up for the Juice ?

Not sure what you don't understand about the term "not equivalent"...I declined Club seats, so then I had to wait for my seat allotment, i.e. seats they deemed equivalent to what I had in the Stick. Obviously, though, with so many fewer 49er side seats in SC, they weren't going to be able to offer everyone truly equivalent seats.

And I'm not p**sed or anything at the 49ers, it basically came down to a business decision...I didn't want the seats I was allotted, and did not want to pay the much higher SBL to have seats equivalent to what I had before. The buddy I shared the Candlestick STs with bought four Club seats, so I have an open invitation to go with him pretty much whenever, so that's good for now...but ooh, will that make me "disloyal" since he's actually a huge Seahawks fan???
you really thought equivalent meant in price ?

i dont know what that makes you but your buddy sounds loyal

Well, making a joke about a spelling error is rather lower key.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Well, making a joke about a spelling error is rather lower key.

you can make a stand up comedian living out of my spelling and puncuataion errors not to mention long run on sentences not to mention lack of paragraphs because they are evil

you really thought equivalent meant in price ?

i dont know what that makes you but your buddy sounds loyal

Equivalent as in LOCATION, but do continue with your treatise on fandom and loyalty.
you can make a stand up comedian living out of my spelling and puncuataion errors not to mention long run on sentences not to mention lack of paragraphs because they are evil

Paragraphs are the work of the Devil?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Paragraphs are the work of the Devil?
yes and they are to hard to do. its a cciowa thing
Share 49ersWebzone