There are 207 users in the forums

2nd Favriote Team?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I agree ...when you stick with your team when QB's like "Steve Stenstrom" , "Cody Pickett" .."JT O'Sullivan" .."Rick Mirer" .."Trent Dilfer" and "Troy Smith" were under center, and you didn't abandon your team during those hard times, that shows loyalty ...I know of some "Niner fans " that had nothing to do with our team during all those bad seasons, and then suddenly returned when Harbaugh made the team competitive again ... that is not a loyal fan
some of us went through joe thomas and oj with a few fans at games with bags on their heads. that had us ready for eventual bad times because we had already seen the worst
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Double edge sword there, isn't it? And yes, they priced plenty of people out. Lot of people who used to have tickets between the 20s only option was to either drop the tickets or chose crappy seats in comparison. Some of those people had been there since Candlestick became the official stadium.

I have rooted for the 9ers since the early 80s. I stuck with them when they sucked. That's loyal enough to me.

You act like it is a monogamous relationship, but it is not on their end..and if you chose to be, that's on you.

hehe... so much of THIS.

I wasn't raised to be some mindless goat that HAS to derive all of my football pleasure from SF... from some sense of geographic pride or to garner daddy's love. I made a choice long ago to become a 49ers fan.. and that hasn't changed. Has it weakened? Yes.. a bit.. just as it did when Nolan and Singletary showed themselves to be inept... just as Joe Montana and other greats were shipped off... but I am still a 49er fan. I sure don't post on 49ers sites because I adore the anonymous posters.. though I do like a handful on each board. A 2nd team simply added some extra interest of the NFL.. and at that, a team with some intriguing players and journey as we recently had in 2011.
For fans that are out of town, it's different. more so the ones that haven't lived in the Bay Area. Just choosing 9ers then the home team is commendable. But like all football fans we all like to watch all games but we still have our one team good or bad. you can like multiple teams but then that just make you a bandwagon fan..why have a team at all..just stay neutral and be a fan of football.

All Candlesticks prices were the cheapest in the league, because they couldn't charge current Avg NFL prices for a 50+ year old stadium ! everyone was getting a deal at every seat. Not too long ago less then ten years ago a lower level 50 yard line seat cost the same as the last row on the top deck at 64$ dollars ! So the 49ers are now up to the current NFL avg price and people mad..be glad you had it better then anybody at the time.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
But like all football fans we all like to watch all games but we still have our one team good or bad. you can like multiple teams but then that just make you a bandwagon fan..why have a team at all..just stay neutral and be a fan of football.

Then by this definition, I am a 49ers fan and a bandwagon KC fan.. maybe the latter being permanent or temporary. I'd have thought temporary, however, I have been surprisingly drawn into many KC aspects over the year.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
No loyalty

Loyalty to what? A team that doesn't give a F about me other than my $?

The 9ers are my team because I grew up in that area. That's it. If I grew up somewhere else, I'd probably have a different favorite team.

I root for them even though they don't care about me. So yeah, I'm gonna root for whatever other teams I enjoy.

If you want to talk loyalty, let's talk about how I rooted for them for a decade while they completely sucked. Let's talk about how I was a season ticket holder and could not even get my money back on the tickets I couldn't go to, but once they start winning they put in SBAs and priced me out of the market.

I was also there every Sunday when they sucked and but I've gone to every game, the 49ers are my team..win lose or tie.

The 49ers don't owe you or anyone anything. And..They didn't price anyone out of the market. There was options for everyone.

Sorry, but What you just posted is far from loyalty
Who are you to say whether the guy can afford tickets anymore or not? The prices for NFL tickets have shot up way faster than inflation and wages, some industries have had stagnant wages for decades. The field I work in (machining) the top non union paid guys make the same now as they did when I became self employed 20 years ago. Right before the Rams moved in 1994 I could get two 40-50 yard line nose bleed tickets for an hour's gross pay ($28.00) face value at Anaheim Stadium. Looks like tickets at Levi's stadium with that same view now cost $109 for a pre season game. Using a government inflation calculator adjusted for inflation that pair of tickets would cost $45, not $218. So NFL tickets are taking a way larger portion of people's disposable income and for some people it does price them out of the market.
did you use the inflation calculator on just the price of the ticket or did you factor in overhead and business cost for the the whole Org as well.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
But like all football fans we all like to watch all games but we still have our one team good or bad. you can like multiple teams but then that just make you a bandwagon fan..why have a team at all..just stay neutral and be a fan of football.

Then by this definition, I am a 49ers fan and a bandwagon KC fan.. maybe the latter being permanent or temporary. I'd have thought temporary, however, I have been surprisingly drawn into many KC aspects over the year.
which is cool, because your'e out of towner and mostly follow players..if i remember.

me , i don't grow a bond to players, just follow the 9ers. Once said person leaves the 9ers, its thanks for your time , good luck
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If you have a 2nd favorite team you're not a true Niner fan

Stupid.

Let's see, sticking with this team through Joe Thomas, OJ, Pete McCulley,the recent decade of suck, getting in fights as a kid on the playground because the 49ers were horrible, risking the wrath of Drill Instructors to try to find out the scores of Niner games while in boot camp, being a STH for 20+ years, buying thousands of $$ worth of merchandise with that 'SF' logo on it, anyone with half a brain would concede that's being a true Niner fan...and if there's a 'B' team I like, it does nothing to change that.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Stupid.

Let's see, sticking with this team through Joe Thomas, OJ, Pete McCulley,the recent decade of suck, getting in fights as a kid on the playground because the 49ers were horrible, risking the wrath of Drill Instructors to try to find out the scores of Niner games while in boot camp, being a STH for 20+ years, buying thousands of $$ worth of merchandise with that 'SF' logo on it, anyone with half a brain would concede that's being a true Niner fan...and if there's a 'B' team I like, it does nothing to change that.
if there is a b team then it's not loyal by definition

Stupid.

I agree.
Having just one team doesn't make one more a fan than any other.
Especially all of us on this forum. We are on here daily just hoping for a bit of news on our team.
I don't follow any other team like that.
But, when the season starts, I might casually catch a Chiefs game when the 49ers aren't playing.
Whether it be a morning/afternoon game of a bye week.
Or, if the games are at the same time, simply check a score in my iPad during a commercial.

Doesn't diminish my love for my team at all. Helps me to appreciate them more in some ways.
Definitely helps me enjoy the sport a little more.
lol 2nd team? thats crazy.. i only have teams i hate... the 31 others.. with the Cheathawks, Cowgirls and Fudgepackers leading the hate charge
I'm a Niner fan first, and a fan of any team playing against the other teams in the NFC West.

Stupid.

Please explain?
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Stupid.

Please explain?
loyal to one or loyal to none

it's not that hard.

i'm not saying you have to die in a bar fight to prove it..for most of us it's like a man of his word kinda thing.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 30, 2014 at 9:36 AM ]
I was also there every Sunday when they sucked and but I've gone to every game, the 49ers are my team..win lose or tie.

The 49ers don't owe you or anyone anything. And..They didn't price anyone out of the market. There was options for everyone.

Sorry, but What you just posted is far from loyalty

You're right there were options, but also wrong because they did price people out. At the Stick I had Upper Box Sideline on the 10, 49ers side of the field...then they alloted me 416, corner EZ on visitor side at SC. Not "equivalent", and zero interest in paying the SBL required to get seats much closer to equivalent to what I had at Candlestick.

But I guess to you, "loyalty" means overpaying for a luxury item, certainly not a necessity. That makes sense.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Stupid.

Please explain?
loyal to one or loyal to none

it's not that hard.

i'm not saying you have to die in a bar fight to prove it..for most of us it's like a man of his word kinda thing.

Might be a case of different personal definitions.
I just don't see how a casual interest in any other team diminishes the complete interest in one.
It just doesn't, at least for me.

It seems you are equating the interestin the 49ers as the same for the "B" team.
Now that, I think may be impossible.

Stupid.

No, not at all, but keep puffing your chest out and making stuff up.
Share 49ersWebzone