Seahawks

Is that you SanDiego49er?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Seahawks

Is that you SanDiego49er?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
No loyalty

Loyalty to what? A team that doesn't give a F about me other than my $?

The 9ers are my team because I grew up in that area. That's it. If I grew up somewhere else, I'd probably have a different favorite team.

I root for them even though they don't care about me. So yeah, I'm gonna root for whatever other teams I enjoy.

If you want to talk loyalty, let's talk about how I rooted for them for a decade while they completely sucked. Let's talk about how I was a season ticket holder and could not even get my money back on the tickets I couldn't go to, but once they start winning they put in SBAs and priced me out of the market.

I was also there every Sunday when they sucked and but I've gone to every game, the 49ers are my team..win lose or tie.

The 49ers don't owe you or anyone anything. And..They didn't price anyone out of the market. There was options for everyone.

Sorry, but What you just posted is far from loyalty
I don't have a team other than the niners.
No 2nd team for this Niner fan. All 49ers, all the freakin time!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Texans then Raiders.
I'm not sure I really have a second "favorite" team.
I don't think I really could follow any other team like I do the 49ers.

I've tried watching football games on 49ers' bye weeks, but I just can't get into them like I can a 49ers game.
I get bored. I hadn't watched the development of the players and all that.

I will admit, I did enjoy watching Smith on the Chiefs. Not like I enjoy a 49ers game, but moreso than any other game featuring two teams I don't care about.
I'll keep an eye on them this season, too, and see if I still get some of the same enjoyment as I did last season. I do like to watch Smith, as he does seem to progress each season, and his style of play usually keeps his team in it till the end.

With college, I've just never gotten in to it. Same with most other NFL teams... I just get bored.
I like to see the Oklahoma teams: OU, OSU, TU do well. But I don't really have any deep interest.
Rosters change so much each year, I guess I need more consistency.
I don't really have a 2nd favorite team for football at the NFL level. But I have been to many Packers games at Lambeau (some relatives in that state), some Lions games (some family from there) and of course a lot of Chargers games. I don't really feel much for any of them. It's just a game to go to and some friends to hang out with.

For college football I cheer for the Wisconsin Badgers due to the relatives influence. Been to some of those games too. Of course San Diego State. I go to a lot of those games. I've been to a lot of USC and UCLA games both for football and basketball. But more so football. I'd say I follow all of those teams for football and basketball. I've always followed Duke some for basketball just because coach K built a classy and winning program.

NBA I like the Heat. I watch any interesting NBA game though especially at playoff time and just appreciate the good competition.

I do watch Alex with the Chiefs some too as some others said. But I feel little to nothing for them as a team. I just cheer for him though and hope he does well because I think he got a raw deal with all the coordinators and injuries. Plus he is a class act.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 30, 2014 at 6:12 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
No loyalty

The 9ers are my team because I grew up in that area. That's it. If I grew up somewhere else, I'd probably have a different favorite team.

I root for them even though they don't care about me. So yeah, I'm gonna root for whatever other teams I enjoy.

If you want to talk loyalty, let's talk about how I rooted for them for a decade while they completely sucked. Let's talk about how I was a season ticket holder and could not even get my money back on the tickets I couldn't go to, but once they start winning they put in SBAs and priced me out of the market.

I was also there every Sunday when they sucked and but I've gone to every game, the 49ers are my team..win lose or tie.

The 49ers don't owe you or anyone anything. And..They didn't price anyone out of the market. There was options for everyone.

Who are you to say whether the guy can afford tickets anymore or not? The prices for NFL tickets have shot up way faster than inflation and wages, some industries have had stagnant wages for decades. The field I work in (machining) the top non union paid guys make the same now as they did when I became self employed 20 years ago. Right before the Rams moved in 1994 I could get two 40-50 yard line nose bleed tickets for an hour's gross pay ($28.00) face value at Anaheim Stadium. Looks like tickets at Levi's stadium with that same view now cost $109 for a pre season game. Using a government inflation calculator adjusted for inflation that pair of tickets would cost $45, not $218. So NFL tickets are taking a way larger portion of people's disposable income and for some people it does price them out of the market.
I live in Minnesota , so naturally I "follow" the Vikings too ...but the 49ers have always been my team, ever since Jim Plunkett was with us ...I am in serious hostile territory when we play the Vikings, I always don my 49ers attire when we matchup against them

I admire the Eagles for their style of play also , but if I pay attention to another team , its because of their offensive & defensive systems , I love creativity ...as a football fan I will watch other teams when they play each other and pick a team to root for for that game only ...but you will NEVER catch me rooting for Dallas, Green Bay, New England or Seattle , no matter what , f*ck those teams Niners all damn day !!!!!!!!
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on May 30, 2014 at 7:21 AM ]

Originally posted by BobS:
No loyalty

Who are you to say whether the guy can afford tickets anymore or not? The prices for NFL tickets have shot up way faster than inflation and wages, some industries have had stagnant wages for decades. The field I work in (machining) the top non union paid guys make the same now as they did when I became self employed 20 years ago. Right before the Rams moved in 1994 I could get two 40-50 yard line nose bleed tickets for an hour's gross pay ($28.00) face value at Anaheim Stadium. Looks like tickets at Levi's stadium with that same view now cost $109 for a pre season game. Using a government inflation calculator adjusted for inflation that pair of tickets would cost $45, not $218. So NFL tickets are taking a way larger portion of people's disposable income and for some people it does price them out of the market.

Well actually for MOST people. and that's not calculating the final price that people pay from resellers.
No loyalty

Double edge sword there, isn't it? And yes, they priced plenty of people out. Lot of people who used to have tickets between the 20s only option was to either drop the tickets or chose crappy seats in comparison. Some of those people had been there since Candlestick became the official stadium.

I have rooted for the 9ers since the early 80s. I stuck with them when they sucked. That's loyal enough to me.

You act like it is a monogamous relationship, but it is not on their end..and if you chose to be, that's on you.
No loyalty

Considering it wasn't that long ago when this team was one of the worst in the history of the sport, yet we all are still here, posting/reading about our favorite team... I would say that shows loyalty.
Double edge sword there, isn't it? And yes, they priced plenty of people out. Lot of people who used to have tickets between the 20s only option was to either drop the tickets or chose crappy seats in comparison. Some of those people had been there since Candlestick became the official stadium.

I have rooted for the 9ers since the early 80s. I stuck with them when they sucked. That's loyal enough to me.

You act like it is a monogamous relationship, but it is not on their end..and if you chose to be, that's on you.

hehe... so much of THIS.

I wasn't raised to be some mindless goat that HAS to derive all of my football pleasure from SF... from some sense of geographic pride or to garner daddy's love. I made a choice long ago to become a 49ers fan.. and that hasn't changed. Has it weakened? Yes.. a bit.. just as it did when Nolan and Singletary showed themselves to be inept... just as Joe Montana and other greats were shipped off... but I am still a 49er fan. I sure don't post on 49ers sites because I adore the anonymous posters.. though I do like a handful on each board. A 2nd team simply added some extra interest of the NFL.. and at that, a team with some intriguing players and journey as we recently had in 2011.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
No loyalty

Considering it wasn't that long ago when this team was one of the worst in the history of the sport, yet we all are still here, posting/reading about our favorite team... I would say that shows loyalty.

I agree ...when you stick with your team when QB's like "Steve Stenstrom" , "Cody Pickett" .."JT O'Sullivan" .."Rick Mirer" .."Trent Dilfer" and "Troy Smith" were under center, and you didn't abandon your team during those hard times, that shows loyalty ...I know of some "Niner fans " that had nothing to do with our team during all those bad seasons, and then suddenly returned when Harbaugh made the team competitive again ... that is not a loyal fan
Share 49ersWebzone