LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

2nd Favriote Team?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oh no doubt...

anybody who plays the seahawks that week.
Same goes for the raiders.
Do Niner Fans hate Seahawks or Raiders more?

I hate Raiders way more.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
SF Giants

this
  • Garce
  • Veteran
My 2nd favorite team is ST

FU
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Do Niner Fans hate Seahawks or Raiders more?

I hate Raiders way more.

Cowboys are bottom of the list, Raiders are irrelevant.
My second favorite teams have varied from year to year, decade to decade, depending on style of play or particular players/units I loved to watch or follow. Here is a brief list:

1960's-1979's: Minnesota due to Fran Tarkenton and Allen Page. Loved the scrambling and Page was always in trouble for being a long distance runner as a DLman. The team told him to gain weight, but he was always there in the 4th quarter with the same level of play as the 1st quarter...conditioning counts!

1970's: NE after drafting Jim Plunket and picking up Randy Vataha as a FA. Loved those guys at Stanford...but still cringe when thinking about the hits Plunkett took in NE.

1980's-1990's: NO for the Dome Patrol! I love great LBing groups and they were my favorite until this niner team replaced them as best ever.

2000's: Colts ( ) just can't help it! As much as I do not like P Manning, his offense is so precise and fun to watch that I had to overcome my bias and admit it was beautiful football.

2010's: KC...can't help this either! I like Reid's offense and really respect Alex Smith. Have to admit I hold my breath when watching the OLine cave and waiting for another dropped pass...but that is so much like the niners before Harbaugh! LOL!
Whatever team Alex Smith is on
Growing up we had season tickets to both the Raiders and 49ers (1970s) so they were my AFC and NFC team with the 49ers being favorite. When Raiders moved to LA I was so pissed I picked the Chiefs as my new favorite to spite the Raiders. Turned out later to be a great team to root for with Okoye (sp?) running the ball - but then they got Marcus Allan and Montana!! Awesome, I was in disbelief. Then Bono, Grbac. Dick Vermiel gave home, Priest Holmes was incredible.

But my interest in them has faded. I follow them just a bit with Alex Smith there now. But down to being just a fan of 49ers. And I'll root for any team playing the Seahawks now that Sherman is such a loud mouth punk.
Outside of the Hawks, I have players I do like, but it's hard for me to like an entire team for obvious reasons.

If I had to pick another team though, it'd probably be between the Redskins or Saints. I do like Drew Brees a lot, but that whole scandal is definitely a black eye on their team, that and Jimmy Graham isn't winning me over right now. As for the Red Skins, I do like RG3, but again that drama that happened not too good either, but I do love how he plays, and I have family who lives in the DC-Area who are all Redskins fans.

Sympathy vote - Bills, 4 consecutive appearances and lost all four. I know fans on here like to complain about the 3 NFCCG appearances that led to only one SB (and loss). No team has had it worse than the Bills in this regard.

Originally posted by zaghawk:
Outside of the Hawks, I have players I do like, but it's hard for me to like an entire team for obvious reasons.

If I had to pick another team though, it'd probably be between the Redskins or Saints. I do like Drew Brees a lot, but that whole scandal is definitely a black eye on their team, that and Jimmy Graham isn't winning me over right now. As for the Red Skins, I do like RG3, but again that drama that happened not too good either, but I do love how he plays, and I have family who lives in the DC-Area who are all Redskins fans.

Sympathy vote - Bills, 4 consecutive appearances and lost all four. I know fans on here like to complain about the 3 NFCCG appearances that led to only one SB (and loss). No team has had it worse than the Bills in this regard.

I liked RG3 at first, but he talks too much for my liking.
1a: Niners
1b: Golden State Warriors

Denver Broncos..

A) Because I live there
B) because 55-10
[ Edited by 5280High on Jul 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Since07:
Do you have a 2nd favriote team? Who?

Mine is The Brown because their jerseys look classic and I like their origin from Ohio

If I had to like another team, and it would have to be in the AFC it would have to be the Browns forsure.

I like there team, I like Hoyer, sucks that Josh Gordon is a douche, but they got potential on defense this year.

and Jordan Cameron is beast.

But if they play the Niners, I hate them lol.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I liked watching the Lions when they had Barry but after they did him dirty I like to watch their continue failures and laugh.
Share 49ersWebzone