There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2nd Favriote Team?

if you have a second favorite team you are a bandwagon fan!
Originally posted by SFSK8R89:
if you have a second favorite team you are a bandwagon fan!

Theres a difference between having "another" favorite team, and having a non rival team you like to see do well.

Ive been a 49er diehard since I was young, but I also lived in KC for a few years growing up, so I like to see the Chiefs do well as long as they arent playing the Niners.

IMO its ok if its a non-rival AFC team, and you dont invest any time into seriously following them.
Haha!
So many seem so militant over this topic.
Unnecessary, really.

Insulting the "fanhood" of another is pretty stupid.
Can't say I have any emotional investment into any team besides the Niners, they can all lose as far as I'm concerned. I can tell you the Cowboys, Shehawks, Rams, and Giants are teams that can lose every week and i will laugh.
Right now, any team playing the Seahawks! Really though, I don't have a second favorite NFL team.
Originally posted by LVJay:
tag team

Whoop, there it is! Thread/
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

old one?
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Haha!
So many seem so militant over this topic.
Unnecessary, really.

Insulting the "fanhood" of another is pretty stupid.

this
My second favorite team is a tie between 5 franchises:
A. The Dallas Cowboys (Americas Team!)
B. The Pittsburgh Steelers (6 superbowls, how awesome!)
C. The New York Giants (Who needs to be good when you can just get lucky? And Eli Manning is SO dreamy)
D. The Seattle Seahawks (RIch history: the best franchise in the NFL since 2013)
E. the Oakland Raiders (The friendliest and most knowledgeable fan-base in the bay area)
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
C. The New York Giants (Who needs to be good when you can just get lucky? And Eli Manning is SO dreamy)
D. The Seattle Seahawks (RIch history: the best franchise in the NFL since 2013)
E. the Oakland Raiders (The friendliest and most knowledgeable fan-base in the bay area)

You forgot the Pack.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

You forgot the Pack.

I left the Packers off, because they haven't been the same without Brett Favre. The man was so clutch! Hands down my favorite Qb ever.

When I was 8 my father and I lived in Las Vegas, one night we went out to dinner at some fancy steak place I can't remember the name of.
My dad, who was an ex NU athlete had a couple of his buddies with him and they were talking about their college days playing football.

All I remember is some mammoth of a human walking over, looking my dad square in the face and saying, "Go Illinois"
Then it got really quiet and my dad got up and introduced himself, the guy signed a couple things for us and walked away.

Still have that football to this day,
"Kyle, don't go to NU"
Dick Butkus

Ever since then #2 for me has been the Bears
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 31, 2014 at 1:25 PM ]
The Niners back ups
LOL. I just root for players I like on other teams.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
When I was 8 my father and I lived in Las Vegas, one night we went out to dinner at some fancy steak place I can't remember the name of.
My dad, who was an ex NU athlete had a couple of his buddies with him and they were talking about their college days playing football.

All I remember is some mammoth of a human walking over, looking my dad square in the face and saying, "Go Illinois"
Then it got really quiet and my dad got up and introduced himself, the guy signed a couple things for us and walked away.

Still have that football to this day,
"Kyle, don't go to NU"
Dick Butkus

Ever since then #2 for me has been the Bears

Ha!
That's a pretty cool story.

...and I mean that sincerely. Not in a douchey "cool story, bro" kinda way.