There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Earl Thomas to return punts for Seattle

Seems unlikely they'd have their Pro Bowl FS returning punts...note the article said "could return punts". Sounds pretty much like a lot of off-season fodder...I wouldn't put much stock in it. BL: KR's are easier to find than a FS like Thomas.
Earl Thomas would be one of the best returners in the league. Dude is just great at everything. I hate that he's in Seattle.
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by outside4949:
Sherman is a b***h. no way he does it. who was the white giants cb who blew out his knee? maybe pete the cheat has discovered a new way of cheating. wouldn't put it passed him.

Are you referring to Jason Sehorn? That is quite some time ago lol

Sehorn went to my college before transferring to USC. One of my teachers was his coach (and Ken Shamrock's) and Sehorn flew him and put him in an awesome hotel when the Giants went to the Super Bowl against Baltimore.
No way Thomas returns punts. Seattle just won a SB. They will drive guys like Harvin into the ground now as trading for him paid off (TD Return in super bowl).
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by JoRo:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Harvin's such a puss.

Seiously...why not Harvin? Weren't special teams part of the calculus that made him worth all that money and all those picks? Is he just being used on kickoffs?

Right now they haven't really picked someone. Word around the net is it's between Philip Adams, Harvin, Paul Richardson. Pete threw out Sherman/Thomas but I don't think that would really happen.

Understood. I'm wondering why they are looking beyond Harvin. Is someone else better for the job? Are they worried about his durability? Does he want to focus solely on being a receiver? Just curious.

its an easy answer, percy harvin has zero punt returns in his nfl career. he has never done it. obviously i dont think earl thomas has either as a pro. a common misconception is that one guy should be able to do both, the truth is very few guys have ever been able to do both at a high level.

That's not the answer though. He's being considered for the role, and I'm wondering why he's not the answer. Having no experience does not mean he can't do it. Everyone starts at zero.
  • DeUh
Like the author pointed out the key sentence here is "if the season started today". This is a non-story and just off season .

When I look at their current roster I expect A.J Jefferson, Percy Harvin, Phillp Adams, Deshawn Snead, Doug Baldwin maybe even Robert Turbin or Jermaine Kearse to handle their kick / punt return duties at the start of the season.
Earl Thomas will not at any point, ever, outside of practice maybe be returning punts. He's far too valuable to their defense and Chin Carroll, while an arrogant d*ckhead, isn't stupid. He knows that allowing Thomas to return punts WILL result in him being injured.

Guys will try to tear his head off just because of who he is.
Lol i call b******t,this will not happen during the season.

I do feel they should take return duties away from Harvin though.Your #1 reciever shouldnt be nowhere near returns,so if they make that change,it makes sense.It just wont be Earl Thomas.If it is,that'd be the dumbest thing ive ever seen.
ET and RS too valuable to risk getting hurt. Maybe Paul Richardson or even Christine Michael (who is supposed to be Beast Mode's eventual replacement).
Originally posted by baltien:

Guys will try to tear his head off just because of who he is.

Lol this

Id send Osgood,Bubba,CJ n the boys to put his ass out.Take the damn penalty n keep it movin.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Like the author pointed out the key sentence here is "if the season started today". This is a non-story and just off season .

/threadthatshouldnthavebeenposted
Originally posted by outside4949:
Sherman is a b***h. no way he does it. who was the white giants cb who blew out his knee? maybe pete the cheat has discovered a new way of cheating. wouldn't put it passed him.

Jason sehorn?
Sherman could return punts - but only one one side of the field!
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Sherman could return punts - but only one one side of the field!

Patrick Peterson would be a better returner because he always goes after the other teams best gunner.
Doubt skeet carrol is that dumb.