There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Earl Thomas to return punts for Seattle

I don't see how that makes any sense for them. They're putting one of their best defenders on the line to get hit. I love it
They're also considering Sherman..
Would you like to see Eric Reid returning punts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353687/article/pete-carroll-earl-thomas-could-return-punts-in-2014
[ Edited by tondiman on May 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM ]
Harvin's such a puss.
  • JoRo
I think Pete's just stirring up sh*t. If I was a betting man I'd say Paul Richardson will be the return guy.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Harvin's such a puss.

Seiously...why not Harvin? Weren't special teams part of the calculus that made him worth all that money and all those picks? Is he just being used on kickoffs?
  • JoRo
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Harvin's such a puss.

Seiously...why not Harvin? Weren't special teams part of the calculus that made him worth all that money and all those picks? Is he just being used on kickoffs?

Right now they haven't really picked someone. Word around the net is it's between Philip Adams, Harvin, Paul Richardson. Pete threw out Sherman/Thomas but I don't think that would really happen.
They should sign Kyle Williams to return punts
Originally posted by JoRo:
Harvin's such a puss.

Right now they haven't really picked someone. Word around the net is it's between Philip Adams, Harvin, Paul Richardson. Pete threw out Sherman/Thomas but I don't think that would really happen.

Understood. I'm wondering why they are looking beyond Harvin. Is someone else better for the job? Are they worried about his durability? Does he want to focus solely on being a receiver? Just curious.
Harvin's such a puss.

or lord, please let Sherman return punts. PLEASE!
Not sure why they want the highest paid safety in football to risk injury returning punts. D0n't believe it at all.
[ Edited by T-9ers on May 28, 2014 at 9:32 AM ]
Understood. I'm wondering why they are looking beyond Harvin. Is someone else better for the job? Are they worried about his durability? Does he want to focus solely on being a receiver? Just curious.

Last year Golden Tate was their regular PR and he's gone. I think Harvin will just stay as KR only, for now. Maybe if he shows some durability he'll eventually take over punts but that's if. Since they need a #1 PR until Harvin shows otherwise I can see the logic in them considering E.T., Sherman or anyone else who can handle doing it.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Last year Golden Tate was their regular PR and he's gone. I think Harvin will just stay as KR only, for now. Maybe if he shows some durability he'll eventually take over punts but that's if. Since they need a #1 PR until Harvin shows otherwise I can see the logic in them considering E.T., Sherman or anyone else who can handle doing it.

(I'm trying to get Seahawk fans to explore the possibility that Harvin MIGHT have durability concerns or MIGHT not be as great on the field as they think. This is a thought experiment.)
Sherman is a b***h. no way he does it. who was the white giants cb who blew out his knee? maybe pete the cheat has discovered a new way of cheating. wouldn't put it passed him.
Harvin's such a puss.

its an easy answer, percy harvin has zero punt returns in his nfl career. he has never done it. obviously i dont think earl thomas has either as a pro. a common misconception is that one guy should be able to do both, the truth is very few guys have ever been able to do both at a high level.
Originally posted by outside4949:
Sherman is a b***h. no way he does it. who was the white giants cb who blew out his knee? maybe pete the cheat has discovered a new way of cheating. wouldn't put it passed him.

Are you referring to Jason Sehorn? That is quite some time ago lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
They should sign Kyle Williams to return punts

This.

Those f**kt**ts get so damn lucky though, on second thought keep Williams the f**k away from that roster. Screw them.