There are 170 users in the forums

Greatest RB Of All Time?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Greatest RB Of All Time?

I watched a documentary on Earl Cambell and it inspired me to create this thread though it is hard to argue with Bo or even Barry I still think Cambell is #1
lol Bo Jackson only played 38 career games.

There is no definite best ever. Jim Brown is probably the greatest, but he played in a much different era than the rest.
Gire
Originally posted by Niners99:

There is no definite best ever. Jim Brown is probably the greatest, but he played in a much different era than the rest.

Yeah, such a shame.
The career he likely would have had.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Derrick Loville
Jim Brown played his last game almost 50 years ago. How many fans saw him play? How many were not even born yet? There weren't any 24 hour sports channels and there was only an hour show once a week with highlights of all the games. For those of us who saw him play he's still the standard by which all running backs are measured.
Barry Sanders HANDS DOWN. No question. For real. Can't argue about it. Don't even try. Stop. Shhh.

Lock this s**t up.

I'm out.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Yeah, such a shame.
The career he likely would have had.

He ran a 4.12 40. Bo knows!
Originally posted by tondiman:
Barry Sanders HANDS DOWN. No question. For real. Can't argue about it. Don't even try. Stop. Shhh.

Lock this s**t up.

I'm out.

Agree. In my lifetime, Barry is hands down the best RB I've seen. Dude was electric.

Lock this s**t up.

I'm out.

This is essentially how I feel. I don't believe there is any RB in the history of the game that matches him.

Orenthal Simpson

Jim brown was a decade ahead of the league! He was as big as d lineman!!!
Barry sanders all day long imo is the best
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Lock this s**t up.

I'm out.

This is essentially how I feel. I don't believe there is any RB in the history of the game that matches him.

This is where i stand as well!
kory sheets
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Barry Sanders! Not even a doubt in many peoples minds...
imagine what Barry would have done behind the Cowboys O-line...& if he hadn't retired early...
He'd probably have 30,000 yards and a 10.5 avg per carry
Share 49ersWebzone