LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

The Arizona Cardinals are going to win the NFC West in 2014?

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's funny listening to AZ radio today. They are praising the cardinals for "finding ways to win". While that's true, I don't think anyone in here that would be excited about a three point win over the Redskins at home.

They're winning now, and until they aren't in first place, I guess they can gloat. If they go through the whole season this way, and make it to the playoffs, I'll give them credit.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
It's funny listening to AZ radio today. They are praising the cardinals for "finding ways to win". While that's true, I don't think anyone in here that would be excited about a three point win over the Redskins at home.

They're winning now, and until they aren't in first place, I guess they can gloat. If they go through the whole season this way, and make it to the playoffs, I'll give them credit.

They beat us
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Unless Carson's arm falls off I stand by what I said more than a month ago. Me and Phoenix49ers knows what's up.

Originally posted by FL9er:
I thought they looked good. Barring injury, it will be a 3-team race in the NFCW.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

They beat us
Refs beat us
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
When we play them again we'll be at full strength and Seattle will also give them a beating.

I used to be a Golden Gloves boxer and a professional sparring partner for about 5 years.

it's not how many wins a fighter has but how many tough fights - tough fights take a lot out of a person that can't be retrieved.

IMO, it's the same thing w/football teams. Too many tough games, played close together, can really take a lot out of a team.

OBVIOUSLY, it isn't proven fact - just my opinion.
A few years back for a few year span teams were only covering the spread 25% of the time the game after playing the Steelers, took more than a week to recover from the pounding the Steelers gave people.

Remember the first year Harbaugh came along? The Lions went 4-0 under Jim Schwartz, but after that game, they got wore out by our team's physicality and I don't think they even made the playoffs as they collapsed down the stretch. Same thing happened to the Eagles and every team we played that year. Our defense beat up other teams. While the Redskins aren't a scary team, something about that Seattle game in Washington was intense. Whether it's because Washington gave a 110% because they were playing the defending champions, I don't know. But they were smacking Frodo around and hitting hard.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
ain't nobody scared of the tards. Fluke.
I fully expect you guys to catch us in the next 4-5 weeks... We play the Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, and Seahawks, you guys dont even play a winning team for 5 weeks or so...
It will set up for a great ending to the season
Originally posted by ring_less:
I fully expect you guys to catch us in the next 4-5 weeks... We play the Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, and Seahawks, you guys dont even play a winning team for 5 weeks or so...

That last game could be the game to claim the West...
I'm still saying this team isn't for real.

I don't trust Palmer at all
still wondering if their defense can hold up during the course of a season. and palmer has some wtf throws every game, multiple int games will come

Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
still wondering if their defense can hold up during the course of a season. and palmer has some wtf throws every game, multiple int games will come

They don't even need Palmer. They have won with 3 different QB's. That says something about how strong their team is. We wouldn't survive with our backup QB.

Nah, you have a very strong team. It is built very similar to the Steelers team in terms of style and play. I can see you guys easily beating PHI, STL, and SEA.

You may even give DAL a wake up call.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

Nah, you have a very strong team. It is built very similar to the Steelers team in terms of style and play. I can see you guys easily beating PHI, STL, and SEA.

You may even give DAL a wake up call.

I agree with Joe...I'll be surprised if you lose to the Eagles and Rams. The Cowboys and Hawk games I think will be good games. The games the niners have that worry me are @NO and @NYG. Some my say NYG will be a gauranteed win but I'm not so sure. Your still dealing with a SB winning QB and he has weapons. Plus without a pass rush, the Saints might do what the Broncos did. Our D line doesn't scare anyone at the moment.
Lol at anyone that is worried about the Cards
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Lol at anyone that is worried about the Cards

If they win the next 2 games (vs Philly and @Dallas), I would be worried. Those 2 have only lost one game each (coincidently both against the niners). I mean in 2-3 weeks AZ could very well have the best record in the NFL. They are gonna be tough games but winnable in my opinion especially with AZ's defense.
Share 49ersWebzone