LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

The Arizona Cardinals are going to win the NFC West in 2014?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by ring_less:
Arizona's defense ranks second in points allowed per game (allowed 17 points highest total), fourth against the run and seventh in total yards... All without our best cover linebacker, best rush linebacker, best interior pass-rusher and best edge rusher... Not to mention what we are missing on offense...

Are we better than anyone thought? I think so.

Who the hell are these foos?

Daryl Washington, Karlos Dansby, Darnell Dockett, and John Abraham...

Household names, star players
Arizona's defense ranks second in points allowed per game (allowed 17 points highest total), fourth against the run and seventh in total yards... All without our best cover linebacker, best rush linebacker, best interior pass-rusher and best edge rusher... Not to mention what we are missing on offense...

no, this will all be the logic why they are losing over the next few weeks.silly sports logic can always be bent either way.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Who the hell are these foos?

Daryl Washington, Karlos Dansby, Darnell Dockett, and John Abraham...

Household names, star players

Dockett and Abraham are over the hill. Your current guys are better than them. And I think most of the credit should go to your DC. Docket is a cheap ass foo too who tried to end Alex Smith's career. I still remember him deliberately diving for his knees out of bounds. Luckily Alex Smith's legs were never planted to the turf as he was hit.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Sep 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM ]
If we had our entire squad Arizona isn't 3-0. I hate the cardinals surprisingly more than Seattle.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
If we had our entire squad Arizona isn't 3-0. I hate the cardinals surprisingly more than Seattle.

I don't and it is because I am not buying what the Cards are selling. It is week 4 and the sample size is just a little too small even though we lost to them. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cards just fine, especially HOW they beat us with some pretty fortunate events in the last game, but they aren't for real. The Cards are a pain in the ass, but the Hags are a proven pain in life. They have celebrated a little too much success at our expense and that will always trump a single fluke road game.
2014 fluke teams
Cardinals, Panthers, Bears, Panthers, Bills
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
2014 fluke teams

Yep. Totally agree. That garbage will be filtered out by week 9.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

That's such a cop out? What if we had our full squad? Like I said, no Dansby, Washington, Dockett, Palmer, lost 2 rbs 2 days before the game, no Zastudil, Tyrann only got to play in a few snaps, no Abraham... All teams have to deal with that...
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
2014 fluke teams

Yep. Totally agree. That garbage will be filtered out by week 9.

And if you guys lose to the Eagles this week, and have a poor record will you consider your team trash filtered out at week 9 as well?
No I do not believe the Cardinals will win the division, I think we are a good team, but missing too many pieces... Your team is a good team, but lacks discipline.
Arizona always starts out fast, they haven't impressed me at all this season. There greatest strength is desire. It's valiant but not enough to topple Seattle and over take the Niners once we start running on all cylinders
Originally posted by 49ersPrincipality:
Arizona always starts out fast, they haven't impressed me at all this season. There greatest strength is desire. It's valiant but not enough to topple Seattle and over take the Niners once we start running on all cylinders

Agree BUT they are definitely getting better.

That's such a cop out? What if we had our full squad? Like I said, no Dansby, Washington, Dockett, Palmer, lost 2 rbs 2 days before the game, no Zastudil, Tyrann only got to play in a few snaps, no Abraham... All teams have to deal with that...

And if you guys lose to the Eagles this week, and have a poor record will you consider your team trash filtered out at week 9 as well?
No I do not believe the Cardinals will win the division, I think we are a good team, but missing too many pieces... Your team is a good team, but lacks discipline.

Lol more like lacks having the refs on our side. Also your comment about not having your full squad made me LOL. Like they even compare
Your team is a good team, but lacks discipline.

Why? Because on the field poor judgment was used by the refs? Now I know that a few penalties were deserved, but SOOOO many important ones were lame ass mistakes. They happen at the worst possible time and played a part in the final score.

I don't think anyone that has Darnell Dockett on their favorite team has any place claiming a lack of discipline. He might be out, but that guy is the dirtiest football player I have seen in a long time.

No.. the Cards aren't going to win the division. That is because either the Niners or the Hags are. You and I both know that your Stagecoach will be a pumpkin in a few weeks. I know you are just hoping that while you remain humble that the Cards squeak by with unlikely wins. But we have seen this story before.

Sure... the Cards beat the Niners, but unfortunately for the Cards the season has 16 games in it and the glass slipper is 4 sizes too big for AZ.
Arizona will not even make the playoffs. They are like the lions, they may win a few games and look good against division opponents, but in the end they will not win the division like always. Hell, we outplayed them last week, but we didn't outplay the refs. There is a reason we have beaten them 9 of the last 10 times.....we are simply better than them. The refs spotted them a win, and they will wind up with 9 or 10 wins and miss the wild card yet again. Poor fans, hope will get you nothing. Especially when we get our 2 all pro players back, not to mention Dorsey, brock, Vernon Davis and Anthony Davis it won't even be a contest at that point.

Luckily, v Davis was out of the game, bc with him alone we would of won against the cards and the refs. He lights up the cardinals more than any other player I have seen against any other team. Better to be lucky than good....but hey, at least you beat Seattle last year at their home, too bad you can't beat the niners without a lot of help from significant injuries and big time ref help
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
still don't think they'll take the nfc west. Hawks own this s**t for the next couple years.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
still don't think they'll take the nfc west. Hawks own this s**t for the next couple years.

Hey now...

I know the Cards ain't winning crap, but we are still right there with the Hags. It's us or them.

I am not letting go unless it is mathematical. Not gonna happen. We were 3 games back when they came to the Stick last year, we ended up 1 game back. I know where you are coming from, but we still have 13 games to play!
Share 49ersWebzone