There are 194 users in the forums

The Arizona Cardinals are going to win the NFC West in 2014?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ring_less:
Good teams find ways to win, I dont think we should have lost the SD game because we kept them in the game when we messed up the punt and Buccanon took off without blocking. Our Defense didnt allow them to go anywhere. You cant really say that, but you do because you dont like us.

Today, we were missing 6 starters on Defense, and our starting QB and still found a way to win on the road. It's called depth, something you guys brag about having. We found a way to win, give credit where credit is due. I could just as easily say you guys didnt deserve the win against the cowboys because Romo ended the game before it ever began with his gifts to the D allowing an 18 point lead before you guys even ran your first running play.

This week you play a bear teams that is most likely now worse with injuries than the team you played last week.....

In saying all that, because I can be objective unlike the rat. I will say you guys will beat my team next week, because you are the better team....

Chill dude. I said you should be 0-2. I stand by that. If not for a couple extremely flukey plays at the end of the game, both teams close out wins. That's football. However, I live in AZ and most fans here act like that screams team of destiny. Maybe that will come to fruition. Who knows. All I'm saying is that I'm not ready to say they're the best team in the west until they prove it over the course of the season.

If it makes you feel better, I'm just as critical about the niners. Until we can start dealing knockout blows to teams that we have dead to rights, we will not be a championship team. Over and over again we jump out to big leads and then we start playing Marty ball and teams climb back into it. It happened tonight w Chicago. It happened in Seattle in the playoffs.
Arizona is an odd team.

For a team that has given Seattle its fair share of problems, they seem to underperform going against us. They only really beat us in 2011 because our OL was a complete mess the likes of which made our OL tonight against the Bears seem like the '90s Cowboys -- and it was still a one possession game to the very end.

In Alex's last full start, it did start out tough then he caught on fire. In the season finale last year, we got up 17 or 21 to nothing on them to start.

So, based on that history I have some hope that they will be a good opponent but not insurmountable on the road. I would almost say they play us tougher on the road than at their place.
BTW, I'm ok with the Cards winning today.

I hate the Giants, so that takes priority over them beating any of the NFC West teams this year.

If we can't handle the division without the Giants help, we don't deserve to win the West.
Well,
Luckily it seems this week we should be getting some severely needed reinforcements... Some are quality, some are not....

Abraham has decided to join the team not retire, which is much needed for our pass rush because it has been our weakest point.... Not saying he is going to wreak havoc, but he will make an impact and we need it badly....

It appears we will get our Punter back, a top 5 punter in the league, it is also significant because our fill in guy has been a little slow getting punts off and has had two blocked... That trend should stop, field position battle should get a boost.

We could get Frostee Rucker back, who was suppose to replace Dockett, instead we had to use our 3rd string guy to fill in. The drop from Dockett to third string was large. From Dockett to Frostee is manageable.

It appears TM is going to be ready for 20-30 snaps against SF this week, that will help, but I dont expect him to be 100%....

Palmer is an unknown, but I am thinking he misses this game. His shoulder, where the nerves are havent been receiving messages correctly from his brain.
Originally posted by ring_less:
Well,
Luckily it seems this week we should be getting some severely needed reinforcements... Some are quality, some are not....

Abraham has decided to join the team not retire, which is much needed for our pass rush because it has been our weakest point.... Not saying he is going to wreak havoc, but he will make an impact and we need it badly....

It appears we will get our Punter back, a top 5 punter in the league, it is also significant because our fill in guy has been a little slow getting punts off and has had two blocked... That trend should stop, field position battle should get a boost.

We could get Frostee Rucker back, who was suppose to replace Dockett, instead we had to use our 3rd string guy to fill in. The drop from Dockett to third string was large. From Dockett to Frostee is manageable.

It appears TM is going to be ready for 20-30 snaps against SF this week, that will help, but I dont expect him to be 100%....

Palmer is an unknown, but I am thinking he misses this game. His shoulder, where the nerves are havent been receiving messages correctly from his brain.

Ya that's the only reason I'm not THAT worried about the Cards is because of Palmer. If he manages to stay healthy and not get to streaky, I would not be shocked to see you guys win the division.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Ya that's the only reason I'm not THAT worried about the Cards is because of Palmer. If he manages to stay healthy and not get to streaky, I would not be shocked to see you guys win the division.

it will not happen= guaranteed
  • Phil
  • Veteran
I'm still not sold on their ability to stop the run. Missing all their star linebackers will have to have an impact but with our passing game struggling they can easily win if they put 90 men in the box.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Chill dude. I said you should be 0-2. I stand by that. If not for a couple extremely flukey plays at the end of the game, both teams close out wins. That's football. However, I live in AZ and most fans here act like that screams team of destiny. Maybe that will come to fruition. Who knows. All I'm saying is that I'm not ready to say they're the best team in the west until they prove it over the course of the season.

If it makes you feel better, I'm just as critical about the niners. Until we can start dealing knockout blows to teams that we have dead to rights, we will not be a championship team. Over and over again we jump out to big leads and then we start playing Marty ball and teams climb back into it. It happened tonight w Chicago. It happened in Seattle in the playoffs.

Like Parcells said - "You are what your record says you are!"
They live by the blitz which is not a successful thing to do in this league. You live by the blitz you die by the blitz. Kaepernick will be running a lot.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Very true statement, but it holds more weight to me in November and December.

Cardinals have no running game no safeties a bad oline an average lb core and an above average dl......like I said before, they will lose both games to the niners and probably Seahawks (although thet matchup better against them) probably wind up 9-7 to 10-6 and be competing with chi sea/sf maybe Carolina for the final wild card but most likely fall short
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Very true statement, but it holds more weight to me in November and December.

Absolutely!

Who knows, it may come down to the final game - hope not but anything can happen.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Cardinals have no running game no safeties a bad oline an average lb core and an above average dl......like I said before, they will lose both games to the niners and probably Seahawks (although thet matchup better against them) probably wind up 9-7 to 10-6 and be competing with chi sea/sf maybe Carolina for the final wild card but most likely fall short

Agree w/you that we'll win both games BUT these guys shouldn't be under-estimated.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Well they might not have Dwyer this weekend......arrested for DV.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora retweeted

CBS Evening News ‏@CBSEveningNews 3m
CONFIRMED: AZ Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer arrested for domestic violence. Charges: -aggravated assault -preventing someone from calling 911

Share 49ersWebzone