LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

The Arizona Cardinals are going to win the NFC West in 2014?

Shop 49ers game tickets
The Cards and the Rams have definitely improved.

In addition to giving us tougher games, they will be giving all our competitors much tougher games; which also helps us. If they can do harm to our in-conference and out of conference competitors we benefit very well.

I don't know the Rams, Cards, Seattle's schedules. But if they also play the Saints and other teams that give us a tough game and beat them up a little - then that'll be sweet.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Thought I'd leave this here

What's up with that chart? His passer rating went down from 85.3 (2012) to 83.9 (2013).
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Thought I'd leave this here

What's up with that chart? His passer rating went down from 85.3 (2012) to 83.9 (2013).
It's from the beginning of 2013 to the end of 2013. Not 2012 to 2013.
[ Edited by kronik on Jun 10, 2014 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
10 wins last season. Their defense is lights out and got better in the offseason. And their offense -- wait now -- Palmer and Fitzy are stating that they're "light years" ahead of where they were last year. Everything is clicking now for them apparently.

And you gotta respect that Bruce Arians...scary team.

Watch the Rams win the NFC West this year. I'm just glad they didn't get Clowney. Imagine Clowney and Quinn running at your QB at the same time. Don't even need a defense, hell don't even need an offense.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Watch the Rams win the NFC West this year. I'm just glad they didn't get Clowney. Imagine Clowney and Quinn running at your QB at the same time. Don't even need a defense, hell don't even need an offense.

That would be hilarious if the Rams leap frogged everyone lol.

I think they're being severely overhyped though. Bradford has been a below average starter, and injury prone. The skill positions players on offense are meh. The linebackers and secondary are meh. Quinn and Long are outstanding on the edges, but other than that there is nothing special about this team.

ESPN recently had an article that said they were "loaded". I don't know....I'm not seeing it. I see a lot of below average starters on that team. It's going to tough for them to take the next step in this brutal division.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 10, 2014 at 10:18 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I think they're being severely overhyped though. Bradford has been a below average starter, and injury prone. The skill positions players on offense are meh. The linebackers and secondary are meh. Quinn and Long are outstanding on the edges, but other than that there is nothing special about this team.

ESPN recently had an article that said they were "loaded". I don't know....I'm not seeing it. I see a lot of below average starters on that team. It's going to tough for them to take the next step in this brutal division.

I think the rams are improved but I also think they are a little overhyped. The thing that scares me about them though is they have fisher coaching them and he seems to have these jumps from average to 13-3 type seasons on occasion. 1999 & 2008 come to mind.

In the west I still think it's Seattle and us. Which ever team can find a way to get 12-13 wins will take the division and most likely home field.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

agree on them being over hyped and the secondary not being anything special, but ogletree and lauranitis are damn good lb's
Ogletree gave us problems and even Laurinitis missed out on a few interceptions that hit him in the hands.

Their strength is that D. That offense isn't scaring anyone.

With that said, there's a lot of unproven/underachieving talent on that team. If they can pull it together they can be scary... Then again I guess you can say that about any team.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Ogletree gave us problems and even Laurinitis missed out on a few interceptions that hit him in the hands.

Their strength is that D. That offense isn't scaring anyone.

With that said, there's a lot of unproven/underachieving talent on that team. If they can pull it together they can be scary... Then again I guess you can say that about any team.

st louis and to a lesser degree arizona will play us tough, but i dont think it means s**t until they learn how to win outside of the division. they drop games us and seattle win all the time outside of the div.
I think AZ could win any NFC division other than the West and the Rams could at least contend in the East. The gap from 1-4 in our division isn't as big as some think.

The 2014 Rams are the 2008 Eagles
Originally posted by Quest4six:
The 2014 Rams are the 2008 Eagles

lol they wont sniff an nfc title game
I see these teams with a shot:

1. SF
  2. Seattle
  3. NO
  4. GB
  5. Panthers

And no matter who wins NFC, they will defeat the AFC rep

1. Denver
  2. NE
  3. Indy

forget the rest.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Jun 11, 2014 at 3:20 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
agree on them being over hyped and the secondary not being anything special, but ogletree and lauranitis are damn good lb's

Don't get me wrong, they are good players, but they're also a big reason why that team is overhyped. They are not as good as their press clippings. They certainly flash some serious talent on a number of plays, but the down-to-down consistency is not there despite the Dline being very good.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
They're going to pwn 49ers' nut sacks and cups after a hard fought and sweaty game!
Share 49ersWebzone