There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Classy move by the Seahawks...who knew they had it in them?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I still pfhuckb dem in dee ass wid dee Becks beer bottle.put them in the camel clutch.Make them humbelll.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I really don't know why, but I just repeated that string as if I was Idi Amin and it just sounded legit.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,790
That's the least they could do for the NFL... they still owe 13th man / Goodell their lives for the gifted *SB victory
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Good gesture and I applaud them for that. We need more owners like this in the league.

However, Paul Allen is by far the richest owner in the league and it's not even close. $555,000 is nothing for him. Not to take away from the Seahawks or anything though.

I wish he'd allow me to realize my dream of cashing a check for 555K
Originally posted by LVJay:
That's the least they could do for the NFL... they still owe 13th man / Goodell their lives for the gifted *SB victory

They better, or that new rule called "Shermaning" might find its way into the rule books

"Shermaning" covers a number of categories-

1. using your body as a shield to the refs while you grab opposing players
2. celebrating accomplishemnts as your own, when in fact you had nothing to do with the play
3. getting trucked by anybody with the last name of McDonald
4. thinking you are smarter than Skip Bayless
5. your hair accounts for 45% of your total weight
6. you classify yourself as a shut down corner when in fact you typically play zone coverage (see Colts vs. Hawks)
7. You think you are the only NFL player who had a rough child-hood
8. You think you are the only all-pro stanford graduate
9. Your first name is Dick
10. You find the word "thug" offensive
One of the definitions of thug is
(a member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India who typically strangled their victims)
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 24, 2014 at 12:46 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,790
"Shermaing"

Just look at that damn idiot... too bad 75 didn't just back hand his dumb butt (like shooing a fly away).
It was a nice gesture
Originally posted by Quest4six:
They better, or that new rule called "Shermaning" might find its way into the rule books

"Shermaning" covers a number of categories-

1. using your body as a shield to the refs while you grab opposing players
2. celebrating accomplishemnts as your own, when in fact you had nothing to do with the play
3. getting trucked by anybody with the last name of McDonald
4. thinking you are smarter than Skip Bayless
5. your hair accounts for 45% of your total weight
6. you classify yourself as a shut down corner when in fact you typically play zone coverage (see Colts vs. Hawks)
7. You think you are the only NFL player who had a rough child-hood
8. You think you are the only all-pro stanford graduate
9. Your first name is Dick
10. You find the word "thug" offensive
One of the definitions of thug is
(a member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India who typically strangled their victims)


While my opinion on a few of your points differ from yours, the only one I want to take exception to is #4. Your average garden slug is smarter than Skip Bayless, so Sherman isn't exactly putting himself in exclusive company if he considers himself a bit above that.
[ Edited by Canfan on May 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Canfan:
While my opinion on a few of your points differ from yours, the only one I want to take exception to is #4. Your average garden slug is smarter than Skip Bayless, so Sherman isn't exactly putting himself in exclusive company if he considers himself a bit above that.

Are you a hawks fan?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,790
It was cool for them to send him packing with a nice scratch. Hopefully, he gets better and invests the money well since no more NFL career for him.


Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Canfan:
While my opinion on a few of your points differ from yours, the only one I want to take exception to is #4. Your average garden slug is smarter than Skip Bayless, so Sherman isn't exactly putting himself in exclusive company if he considers himself a bit above that.

Are you a hawks fan?

ano/or maybe he just doesn't like Skippy... who does?
Originally posted by 12thfan:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Dude...you have no credibility whatsoever. Can't help but rewrite history, eh? The Niners didn't "take" anything from Brown. He failed to perform under his contract.

Homer.

LOL, I'm the homer? Ask Brown how he feels about it. It was his and his agents mistake but it was your team that benefited from it. They didn't pass along the money to charity, they kept it and increased their salary cap. You can see it any way you want but I see it as an opportunity to take care of your player and they didn't do that. At very least they could have contacted him when they found out he wasn't going to camp and made sure he knew he would be forfeiting 2 Million. Had they done that and he still chose to not go then absolutely he deserves to lose the money but they didn't even do that. Instead they took advantage of his ignorance to his contract and benefited from doing so. Only a homer would see the organization that took the money as innocent in that transaction.

What a joke.

I was actually about to point a few things out, but you've got your mind set, so why bother.

Just know you're way off base, reaching for reasons to make the 49ers look bad.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Pretty much this. NFL programs are not charities. Sure, they could have given him the $2 million, but that's just bad business. You're irrationally looking for reasons to hate. That makes you a homer.

Honestly, 12thfan, you've thrown up some of the dumbest comments I've seen on this forum. It has little to do with the fact that you're a Seahawk fan. You just say a lot of dumb s**t.

This. So much this.

Why even put any stipulations in a contract if you're just gonna turn around and allow the guy to break it? They put the offseason workout bonus in there for a reason.
Originally posted by Empire49:
This. So much this.

Why even put any stipulations in a contract if you're just gonna turn around and allow the guy to break it? They put the offseason workout bonus in there for a reason.

Would have set a terrible precedent if they would have paid him out of sheer kindness. You would actually be paying someone for lack of performance (not showing up for the offseason workout program to me would be considered lack of performance). It also opens the door for any and every player to ask for exceptions to contract stipulations because you made one for this guy.

Seattle paying the guy with the heart condition was a classy move. That doesn't make what the 49er front office did under a different circumstance classless.
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by Empire49:
This. So much this.

Why even put any stipulations in a contract if you're just gonna turn around and allow the guy to break it? They put the offseason workout bonus in there for a reason.

Would have set a terrible precedent if they would have paid him out of sheer kindness. You would actually be paying someone for lack of performance (not showing up for the offseason workout program to me would be considered lack of performance). It also opens the door for any and every player to ask for exceptions to contract stipulations because you made one for this guy.

Seattle paying the guy with the heart condition was a classy move. That doesn't make what the 49er front office did under a different circumstance classless.

I agree with this post.
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by Empire49:
This. So much this.

Why even put any stipulations in a contract if you're just gonna turn around and allow the guy to break it? They put the offseason workout bonus in there for a reason.

Would have set a terrible precedent if they would have paid him out of sheer kindness. You would actually be paying someone for lack of performance (not showing up for the offseason workout program to me would be considered lack of performance). It also opens the door for any and every player to ask for exceptions to contract stipulations because you made one for this guy.

Seattle paying the guy with the heart condition was a classy move. That doesn't make what the 49er front office did under a different circumstance classless.

Nice post.

This is why I say 12thfan's track record has little to do with the fact that he's a Seahawk fan. We have other Seahawk fans on this board who aren't frothing at the mouth and who are perfectly capable of contributing to the conversation.

That dude just says silly s**t and then vomits out 1,500 words to either distract you with "logic" or bore you to death.
Originally posted by LVJay:
"Shermaing"

Just look at that damn idiot... too bad 75 didn't just back hand his dumb butt (like shooing a fly away).

I dunno... I am thinking that the lack of response might be actually better than any sign of meltdown, just like it would have been if Crabs kept walking when Sherman gave his fake handshake. Don't give them anything. f***ers.