LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Classy move by the Seahawks...who knew they had it in them?

Shop 49ers game tickets
meh
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I still pfhuckb dem in dee ass wid dee Becks beer bottle.put them in the camel clutch.Make them humbelll.

Exactly, Tony. I've been saying the same thing for 15 damn years....

Any team in the NFL would have done the same thing.
That's probably not true. Seattle also gave Brandon Browner a bonus in the 2012 off season. Not for any other reason than they felt he deserved it. This happened around the same time that the Niners took 2 Million from Brown for missing voluntary OTA's. There has been plenty of examples of Seattle doing classy things like signing Antoine Winfield and paying him $500K even after he informed the Seahawks he had decided to retire. They could have simply let him retire and paid him nothing. It was a classy move from an organization that is continually doing things of this nature.
Originally posted by 12thfan:
That's probably not true. Seattle also gave Brandon Browner a bonus in the 2012 off season. Not for any other reason than they felt he deserved it. This happened around the same time that the Niners took 2 Million from Brown for missing voluntary OTA's. There has been plenty of examples of Seattle doing classy things like signing Antoine Winfield and paying him $500K even after he informed the Seahawks he had decided to retire. They could have simply let him retire and paid him nothing. It was a classy move from an organization that is continually doing things of this nature.

Dude...you have no credibility whatsoever. Can't help but rewrite history, eh? The Niners didn't "take" anything from Brown. He failed to perform under his contract.

Homer.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Also reminds me of Thomas Herrion. Thankfully this was caught before he started trying to play through the condition.

I also applaud Seattle for their classy move.

This.
What a dumb article/thread. If they wanted to give to charity, there are plenty of less fortunate people out there. Why did they decide to give charity to this guy? Because he played football? How about the kids that can't get out of the hospital bed?

Maybe this move was more about covering about their embarassing incompetence:

"After undergoing an extensive physical with our medical staff last week, Garrett's examination revealed a rare heart condition that will prevent him from any on-field participation in the near future," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a statement.

Last week? Really? They didn't bother to check his medical condition during the combine??? LOL
[ Edited by kronik on May 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM ]
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Dude...you have no credibility whatsoever. Can't help but rewrite history, eh? The Niners didn't "take" anything from Brown. He failed to perform under his contract.

Homer.

LOL, I'm the homer? Ask Brown how he feels about it. It was his and his agents mistake but it was your team that benefited from it. They didn't pass along the money to charity, they kept it and increased their salary cap. You can see it any way you want but I see it as an opportunity to take care of your player and they didn't do that. At very least they could have contacted him when they found out he wasn't going to camp and made sure he knew he would be forfeiting 2 Million. Had they done that and he still chose to not go then absolutely he deserves to lose the money but they didn't even do that. Instead they took advantage of his ignorance to his contract and benefited from doing so. Only a homer would see the organization that took the money as innocent in that transaction.

Homer.

LOL, I'm the homer? Ask Brown how he feels about it. It was his and his agents mistake but it was your team that benefited from it. They didn't pass along the money to charity, they kept it and increased their salary cap. You can see it any way you want but I see it as an opportunity to take care of your player and they didn't do that. At very least they could have contacted him when they found out he wasn't going to camp and made sure he knew he would be forfeiting 2 Million. Had they done that and he still chose to not go then absolutely he deserves to lose the money but they didn't even do that. Instead they took advantage of his ignorance to his contract and benefited from doing so. Only a homer would see the organization that took the money as innocent in that transaction.

Ummm, that's the agent's job. Unless you are thinking football organizations are now babysitters as well?

Welcome to the world of business. How old are you by the way? Not sure if you are employed. If so, does your employer remind you to come to work everyday? Do you expect them to pay you if you don't show up?
[ Edited by kronik on May 24, 2014 at 10:40 AM ]

Lol we took 2 million from Brown.I think this happened around the same time Kaep raped that girl also.
Do you get your information from TMZ? Solid football source

Winfield wanted to retire a hawk, not impressed team/players do that all the time.

You are right about one thing though, it is in the nature of your head coach to push for his players getting money.
Just ask Reggie Bush.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
can't take PEDs with a heart condition.

lol exactly
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
It's curious that such a condition could go un-detected/diagnosed for so long for an athlete at that level. But, as heart-broken as he must be seeing his dream of playing in the NFL shattered, the bright side is that at least his condition was finally diagnosed - before a possible 'on the field' tragedy.

That's what I thought as well. How would a condition like this go undetected all these years...especially with an athlete who is probably under the microscope even more

It was probably covered by an insurance policy.

Homer.

Actually the Niners gave him back $300k which they certainly did not have to do. And lol at asking how Brown feels. Who the f *ck cares. Maybe he and his agent should have read their contract before deciding to miss the offseason workout program. and you have no clue what they did with his $, so do not presume to.
Originally posted by kronik:

Homer.

Ummm, that's the agent's job. Unless you are thinking football organizations are now babysitters as well?

Welcome to the world of business. How old are you by the way? Not sure if you are employed. If so, does your employee remind you to come to work everyday?

Pretty much this. NFL programs are not charities. Sure, they could have given him the $2 million, but that's just bad business. You're irrationally looking for reasons to hate. That makes you a homer.

Honestly, 12thfan, you've thrown up some of the dumbest comments I've seen on this forum. It has little to do with the fact that you're a Seahawk fan. You just say a lot of dumb s**t.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on May 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
Pretty much this. NFL programs are not charities. Sure, they could have given him the $2 million, but that's just bad business. You're irrationally looking for reasons to hate. That makes you a homer.

Honestly, 12thfan, you've thrown up some of the dumbest comments I've seen on this forum. It has little to do with the fact that you're a Seahawk fan. You just say a lot of dumb s**t.

He is trolling.
Just ignore him and he will go away.
"There is good and evil on both sides of every war ever fought." -Jorah Mormont, game of thrones. f**k seahawks
Share 49ersWebzone