LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

Pro Football Focus Top 101 Graded Players for 2013

Shop 49ers game tickets
One of the premier grading sources for player performance in the NFL is Pro Football Focus. PFF grades each player every game, and assigns them a positive or negative numerical value for game time performance. At the end of the year, they salute the top overall graded players in the NFL by posting a Best 101 board. This year, just like in previous year, numerous 49ers fill the 101 slots.

Here is the link to the PFF article. If you scroll down, it posts the top 101 in clusters of ten. the top three players graded in 2013 should be no surprise: 1. JJ Watt, 2. Robert Quinn, 3. Peyton Manning.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/15/the-pff-101-no-1-j-j-watt/
there wasnt really that many niners on there, especially when you see how many seahawks were on there.
dang Quinn #2..that is crazy. Does anyone on here think he is better than Aldon?Watt definitely is debatable though...
Originally posted by QBguru:
dang Quinn #2..that is crazy. Does anyone on here think he is better than Aldon?Watt definitely is debatable though...

its really a toss up. this offseason you'll have most saying quinn, he just had 19 sacks. the year before most said aldon as he had 19 sacks. i like quinn and have no qualms with his game but aldon smith is the most violent pass rusher in the league IMO. if you're forced to choose a guy you choose quinn based off of the tie breaker of being clean off the field.
Originally posted by crabman82:

its really a toss up. this offseason you'll have most saying quinn, he just had 19 sacks. the year before most said aldon as he had 19 sacks. i like quinn and have no qualms with his game but aldon smith is the most violent pass rusher in the league IMO. if you're forced to choose a guy you choose quinn based off of the tie breaker of being clean off the field.
God, that 2011 draft was epic..so many great players

Quinn was simply spectacular last year. Better than Aldon last year.

Twelve of first sixteen pick have been to a Pro Bowl. Best NFL class ever.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Twelve of first sixteen pick have been to a Pro Bowl. Best NFL class ever.
Who do you think ends up in the HOF from that class MadDog?

So many variables in the class, and so early in the game that it is hard to call. Let's pretend both Miller and Aldon get their act together. I will rank:
1. Watt- on pace to be one of the all-time greats. Could you imagine if he played in NYC, Chicago, Philly? Round the clock media attention.
2. Sherman- best CB in the game. period.
3. Green- superstar. Got a feeling he will get help down the road to maximize skills
4. Peterson- might be second best CB for a decade. Getting better each year. Three years, three Pro Bowls. .
5. T. Smith- on the verge of being perennial All Pro. Lost in shadows now, but not for long. Insiders love this kid.
6. Aldon/Miller/Quinn- statistically, Aldon and Miller stand above Quinn at this point. But, Quinn could be the best of the group in the end. And, he is clean. Suspensions hurt stats and voter enthusiasm to elect players with issues. Flip a coin on these guys. I'll say two of the three makes it, and one flames out in the end.
7. One of the two from Julio Jones and Julius Thomas.
8. 50/50 on Pouncey. Kind of an idiot....let me change that...idiot. But, really good lineman. Would be hard to keep out if he had 8-10 Pro Bowls to resume.
9. 25/75 on Dareus. Absolute monster inside. But, also kind of a knucklehead. Tough to get in being back logged in this group.

So many variables in the class, and so early in the game that it is hard to call. Let's pretend both Miller and Aldon get their act together. I will rank:
1. Watt- on pace to be one of the all-time greats. Could you imagine if he played in NYC, Chicago, Philly? Round the clock media attention.
3. Green- superstar. Got a feeling he will get help down the road to maximize skills
4. Peterson- might be second best CB for a decade. Getting better each year. Three years, three Pro Bowls. .
5. T. Smith- on the verge of being perennial All Pro. Lost in shadows now, but not for long. Insiders love this kid.
6. Aldon/Miller/Quinn- statistically, Aldon and Miller stand above Quinn at this point. But, Quinn could be the best of the group in the end. And, he is clean. Suspensions hurt stats and voter enthusiasm to elect players with issues. Flip a coin on these guys. I'll say two of the three makes it, and one flames out in the end.
8. 50/50 on Pouncey. Kind of an idiot....let me change that...idiot. But, really good lineman. Would be hard to keep out if he had 8-10 Pro Bowls to resume.
9. 25/75 on Dareus. Absolute monster inside. But, also kind of a knucklehead. Tough to get in being back logged in this group.
Wow. I forgot he was in that class due to him being a later round pick.

1.Watt- Barring a serious injury he is a no brainer. Probably first ballot HOF.
2.Sherman-If he stays the best CB in the game for a while, he has a good shot.
3.Julio Jones/Green-I think both these guys make it. They are both game changers. I like Julio getting in first.
4. Aldon- IF he can keep his head straight, he will be the a HOFer.
5.Quinn-Breakout season last year. Good potential if he keeps putting up sacks.
6.Peterson-I think he is a tad overrated except he is a beast at returns, I could see him eventually getting in.
7.Wilkerson-I could see this dude getting in. He is a game changer for the jets.
8.Miller-I don't see him making it, but you never know. I think Quinn/Aldon are better and less injury prone.
9.Newton-IF he wins a few super bowls I can see him getting in possibly.
10.Pouncey/Smith/Dareus- Good players, but I do not see them in the HOF

Kaepernick has already surpassed Newton as the best QB in the 2011 draft.
Originally posted by Bison645:
Kaepernick has already surpassed Newton as the best QB in the 2011 draft.

Till he wins a super bowl I say they are equal. Cam has the better stats with less talent. Kaep has taken us to the big dance. You wonder how far we would have gotten if we had Cam with all the talent on this team. Cam is a crybaby though so I take Kaep.
Till he wins a super bowl I say they are equal. Cam has the better stats with less talent. Kaep has taken us to the big dance. You wonder how far we would have gotten if we had Cam with all the talent on this team. Cam is a crybaby though so I take Kaep.

uhhh cam has better stats? that's news to me. he has never had a QB rating of 90 or above. he has also never won a playoff game. kap is by far the best QB of that draft class at this point in time

Wow. I forgot he was in that class due to him being a later round pick.

1.Watt- Barring a serious injury he is a no brainer. Probably first ballot HOF.
2.Sherman-If he stays the best CB in the game for a while, he has a good shot.
3.Julio Jones/Green-I think both these guys make it. They are both game changers. I like Julio getting in first.
4. Aldon- IF he can keep his head straight, he will be the a HOFer.
5.Quinn-Breakout season last year. Good potential if he keeps putting up sacks.
6.Peterson-I think he is a tad overrated except he is a beast at returns, I could see him eventually getting in.
7.Wilkerson-I could see this dude getting in. He is a game changer for the jets.
8.Miller-I don't see him making it, but you never know. I think Quinn/Aldon are better and less injury prone.
9.Newton-IF he wins a few super bowls I can see him getting in possibly.
10.Pouncey/Smith/Dareus- Good players, but I do not see them in the HOF

I really like Aldon, but in the end I think Quinn will be statistically the best pass rusher of the group. That Rams D/Line is outright nasty - probably a waste of picks but nasty.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

uhhh cam has better stats? that's news to me. he has never had a QB rating of 90 or above. he has also never won a playoff game. kap is by far the best QB of that draft class at this point in time

Panthers

Panthers

Panthers

Career

Kaeps

Career stats

Year

Team

CMP%

YDS

TD

INT

Rating

49ers

49ers

49ers

Career

Yes Newton has better stats at the moment. However, He also had a year and a half so you can double Kaeps stats and yes you are correct his total stats are better. I stand corrected.
[ Edited by QBguru on May 18, 2014 at 10:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone