LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Johnny Football Cash Money Love Him Hate Him Boom Bust Manziel Thread?

lol @ the bird
He needs to respect the game to get to that superstar level.

He'll just T.O. his career away just on his talent.

He'll mature.
I predict this Coke head will implode in fairly short order. Immature, arrogant and deluded are not the way to make it in the NFL. Big fish in a small pond all the way. Maybe he will magically grow up and everything will click for him, but I really really doubt it.
I thought he looked pretty good as far as staying in the pocket and going through his progressions, he is a rookie so it will take time for him to get comfortable with pressure.

His throws were pretty bad last night, he was innacurate and his timing is off with his WRs. He had Gordon open on a few slants that he just screwed up by throwing the ball behind him and at his feet, he also threw some bad balls to Cameron. If his throws are a little more accurate then his stat line would look much better this morning.

And I think he is realizing how fast defensive players are in the NFL. Everytime he was flushed out of the pocket he could not gain the edge, he was constantly being tracked down by 3-4 guys which forced him to the sidelines and he ran out of room to run or throw. He looks slow.

Also, he didn't do very well against the Haslett's blitzes. He rushed throws, did not make proper pre-snap adjustments, and looked overall flustered when extra guys were sent.

He has a long ways to go, I expect Hoyer to be named the starter.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eamjr10:
I thought he looked pretty good as far as staying in the pocket and going through his progressions, he is a rookie so it will take time for him to get comfortable with pressure.

His throws were pretty bad last night, he was innacurate and his timing is off with his WRs. He had Gordon open on a few slants that he just screwed up by throwing the ball behind him and at his feet, he also threw some bad balls to Cameron. If his throws are a little more accurate then his stat line would look much better this morning.

And I think he is realizing how fast defensive players are in the NFL. Everytime he was flushed out of the pocket he could not gain the edge, he was constantly being tracked down by 3-4 guys which forced him to the sidelines and he ran out of room to run or throw. He looks slow.

Also, he didn't do very well against the Haslett's blitzes. He rushed throws, did not make proper pre-snap adjustments, and looked overall flustered when extra guys were sent.

He has a long ways to go, I expect Hoyer to be named the starter.
I remember in college a high percentage of the plays he extended by scrambling or running he barely escaped, I was thinking a lot of those are going to turn into sacks and hurried throws in the NFL. It is unlikely someone can make much improvement to their quickness or foot speed after the age of 21 so he will have to alter his game quit a bit to succeed in the NFL.
I do think he looked pretty good given his rookie status.

I am not liking his immature antics. Guys on the field are going to taunt you from the sidelines, but you're a star QB, keep the bird to yourself.
Originally posted by zaghawk:

I am not liking his immature antics. Guys on the field are going to taunt you from the sidelines, but you're a star QB, keep the bird to yourself.

funny coming from a fan of a team with Sherman on it. It was immature. Needs to make better life decisions.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

funny coming from a fan of a team with Sherman on it. It was immature. Needs to make better life decisions.

I've never been a fan of Sherman's trash talk, but he is one of the best players on my team. So I gotta look at the glass half full portion of him. i.e. It's what motivates him, so be it. Much like Niner fans look at Kaep's things that people don't like. He's not vanilla, etc.

also a fan of a team whos star player flipped the bird to his own sideline
Originally posted by crabman82:

Lynch is my favorite player, I mean how can you not love his play style.

But I'll admit I'm tired of his "'Bout That Action" persona at times. Mainly being, as fans, I do want to see him do some interviews. As a fan, I do wish he spent more time with fans (he never walks over to do photos/autographs at Training Camps). At autograph sessions where you're paying $100 an autographed item, he's heads down at the table not even making eye contact. Where as someone like Earl Thomas will be standing the entire time, signing, shaking hands, and taking photos with every single person in line.

Hell I even met him in person, politely asked him if I could take a photo with him, no one was even around to potentially mob him upon discovery, and his response was "naw' man". Really disappointing, considering, I've met many other Hawk players in person randomly and they all seemed much nicer.

Either way I love his playstyle, I do wish his off field persona was a bit more friendly to fans and media. I get it goes with his playstyle. This goes back to my statement of, he's one of the best players on the team, so i gotta see the whole thing as glass half full.

I think it's a little unfair to assume just because there are some characters on the Seahawks, that a fan of the Hawks isn't allowed to dislike immaturity. Am I suddenly not allowed to be against the use of recreational or Performance Enhancing drugs, domestic violence and DUIs because players on the Hawks have been caught doing so?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This guy couldn't handle the pressure in college, family was always tired of being investigated by the NCAA (which was the reason he declared for the draft) and now he's having a hard time handling the pressure now.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Lynch is my favorite player, I mean how can you not love his play style.

But I'll admit I'm tired of his "'Bout That Action" persona at times. Mainly being, as fans, I do want to see him do some interviews. As a fan, I do wish he spent more time with fans (he never walks over to do photos/autographs at Training Camps). At autograph sessions where you're paying $100 an autographed item, he's heads down at the table not even making eye contact. Where as someone like Earl Thomas will be standing the entire time, signing, shaking hands, and taking photos with every single person in line.

Hell I even met him in person, politely asked him if I could take a photo with him, no one was even around to potentially mob him upon discovery, and his response was "naw' man". Really disappointing, considering, I've met many other Hawk players in person randomly and they all seemed much nicer.

Either way I love his playstyle, I do wish his off field persona was a bit more friendly to fans and media. I get it goes with his playstyle. This goes back to my statement of, he's one of the best players on the team, so i gotta see the whole thing as glass half full.

I think it's a little unfair to assume just because there are some characters on the Seahawks, that a fan of the Hawks isn't allowed to dislike immaturity. Am I suddenly not allowed to be against the use of recreational or Performance Enhancing drugs, domestic violence and DUIs because players on the Hawks have been caught doing so?

maybe preface your comment then in advance. you know the backlash is coming when u want to crack on a guy for doing something or acting a certain way knowing there is guys of comparable moral fiber on your own team. my friend who is a seahawks fan is the ultimate "act like you've been there before" type of fan. we played touch football for yrs and he'd get on ppl for showing up the competition and all of that extra stuff that doesnt need to occur. he played the act like you been there before card on facebook when harbaugh had his deal with schwartz. yet richard sherman is his fav player, he has a jersey, cant shut up about how good the guy is. when i pointed out sherman is the ultimate act like he has never been there before player and that goes against what he stands for, he had nothing to say, he knew he was being a hypocrite this entire time while sitting on his perch acting like the morality police.
Could care less if he flips off the other team. Whatever. People need to stop obsessing over everything he does like your initials are ESPN
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I predict this Coke head will implode in fairly short order. Immature, arrogant and deluded are not the way to make it in the NFL. Big fish in a small pond all the way. Maybe he will magically grow up and everything will click for him, but I really really doubt it.

That's been my perception from the beginning - rich kid, big man on campus, used to getting his way - not going to fly in the NFL; these guys are as tough as nails and most of them, unlike Johnny Football, came up from the mean streets. Evidently all it took was somebody getting in his face and saying, "this is the NFL; most of us are faster than you." If he can't take something like that without playing the bird card, that's a real bad sign; even worse than I thought.
Blake Bortles > Teddy Bridgewater > Jimmy Garoppolo > Johnny Manziel > Logan Thomas > Derek Carr
Share 49ersWebzone