There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Johnny Football Cash Money Love Him Hate Him Boom Bust Manziel Thread?

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Everyone knows our great #16 had a coke problem in the 80's and he turned out just fine.

Very true
Actually is was on some other s**t

Everyone knows our great #16 had a coke problem in the 80's and he turned out just fine.

Very true

Really? I knew the 80's teams partied, but never knew there was ever "Problems"
[ Edited by WINiner on Jul 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:

Very true

I was just a kid but those were the rumors, plenty of stories of cops pulling a high Joe over and having to let him go because it was Joe.
Johnny Football banged 4 hotties the other night in Boston

Originally posted by WINiner:

Very true

I was just a kid but those were the rumors, plenty of stories of cops pulling a high Joe over and having to let him go because it was Joe.

Yup. Him and Dwight are the stories I heard
Watching this piece of work on the NFL network. I don't get it, I don't see it, I just can't wrap my head around why people think he is a big deal. I'm getting tired hearing HIM talk about his night life. This is a Matt Leinart situation, and I think he will flame out of the NFL. Tim Couch was a better prospect coming out of college using basically the same type of offense in college and how did that work out for Cleveland? I look forward to seeing him running around and getting blindsided by some DE or OLB.

I want someone, anyone, to knock that smirk off of his self-entitled face!
Hey johnny throw some rails our way!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Johnny Football banged 4 hotties the other night in Boston

I look at bottom left chick realizing he banged her probably just saying "Hi, you want my d*ck in your mouth", and all I can think is..I effin hate pro athletes. Seriously they have it all. Paid millions to play a child's game, stay in shape, bang hot chicks, probably get most things free despite having millions to pay for it all, ppl in your town love you. Yes this is pure jealousy talking
Originally posted by Temecula49ersfan:
Watching this piece of work on the NFL network. I don't get it, I don't see it, I just can't wrap my head around why people think he is a big deal. I'm getting tired hearing HIM talk about his night life. This is a Matt Leinart situation, and I think he will flame out of the NFL. Tim Couch was a better prospect coming out of college using basically the same type of offense in college and how did that work out for Cleveland? I look forward to seeing him running around and getting blindsided by some DE or OLB.

I want someone, anyone, to knock that smirk off of his self-entitled face!

I'm just the opposite.... I want him to succeed cause it would piss people off. Lol
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Turned on the tv this morning, put on NFL network.......1st thing I see is Manziel (Browns training camp) talking about his nightlife blah blah blah.......me and the wife just watched a couple movies on netflix and switched back to tv.......whats on as soon as switch to tv? Manziel (Browns training camp)talking about his nightlife
[ Edited by jimrat on Jul 26, 2014 at 1:16 PM ]
I wonder if he realizes that the Cleveland Browns are the team that drafted him. Maybe he's trying to party now while he still has a name. Can't really blame him for that.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Turned on the tv this morning, put on NFL network.......1st thing I see is Manziel (Browns training camp) talking about his nightlife blah blah blah.......me and the wife just watched a couple movies on netflix and switched back to tv.......whats on as soon as switch to tv? Manziel (Browns training camp)talking about his nightlife

lol

I want this guy to succeed, I really do, Browns fans have had to watch garbage for god knows how long now. But he seems a lot more motivated by the results of success, money, fame, women, etc. than the actual process of success itself. One path leads to hard work, determination, and resolve that cannot be chipped away at, and the other leads to the Ryan Leafs and Jamarcus Russells of the world. What happens when he doesn't perform as well and the fame starts turning into harsh criticism? Is he still going to be doing his little money gesture and going to the club?

I could be totally wrong and he will may yet be a darn good or even great QB who works his tail off day in and day out, but also likes to party here and there as well. Not all great NFL players are choir boys who go to bed at 10 am on a Saturday night. But I don't yet see the focus that I do from other QBs who are resolved to be great no matter what the cost. To be a great NFL QB is akin to being an absolute devotee to a religion, where you eat, sleep, breathe and s**t football and improving. I know there has been criticism of Kap at times for being perhaps not 100% devoted in this way but I believe he is, and a lot more than Manziel.

Like Steve Young has always said, the perception is the reality, and this will be the view of him until he demonstrates that he means business and will stop at nothing to be a great QB, and I hope he does.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks

I am not making this up. Browns are playing you've got to fight for your right to party at practice. Johnny's walk-up music.
John Clayton: "There's no way Johnny Manziel will be a Week 1 starter: While Johnny Football doesn't plan to change his social life, you can see that the Browns are planning to go into the season with Hoyer at quarterback. Head coach Mike Pettine says he wants to name a starting quarterback before the third preseason game. Manziel, who has struggled at times, won't have enough time to catch up to Hoyer. On Saturday, owner Jimmy Haslam said Manziel has made rookie mistakes and he'll have to see if the quarterback is getting the message to slow down some of the off-the-field stuff. That's a major change from the OTAs and minicamp, when the team had a hands-off approach to Manziel's weekends."

I've thought this guy had "bust" written all over him from the beginning. He's a spoiled rich kid. College ranks are filled with them. The NFL? Not so much.
Originally posted by crake49:
John Clayton: "There's no way Johnny Manziel will be a Week 1 starter: While Johnny Football doesn't plan to change his social life, you can see that the Browns are planning to go into the season with Hoyer at quarterback. Head coach Mike Pettine says he wants to name a starting quarterback before the third preseason game. Manziel, who has struggled at times, won't have enough time to catch up to Hoyer. On Saturday, owner Jimmy Haslam said Manziel has made rookie mistakes and he'll have to see if the quarterback is getting the message to slow down some of the off-the-field stuff. That's a major change from the OTAs and minicamp, when the team had a hands-off approach to Manziel's weekends."

I've thought this guy had "bust" written all over him from the beginning. He's a spoiled rich kid. College ranks are filled with them. The NFL? Not so much.

I like how Manziel pointed to RW as a reason he could also be successful in the NFL. But RW wasn't exactly doing all the weekend activities Manziel was/is during his rookie training camps and OTAs.