LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

Johnny Football Cash Money Love Him Hate Him Boom Bust Manziel Thread?

If Hoyer establishes himself as the long-term starter by the end of the season, maybe Dallas will offer their 1st to Cleveland for JM??
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by crake49:
Reviewing NFL policy on fines and suspensions...

Flip off an entire team making you and your team look like classless fools - $12,000

Dunk the ball over the goal posts eliciting a huge round of applause from the fans - $30,000

Beat up a woman and pull her across the floor in public by her hair - 2 games

Minor legal problem with a firearm rule, non-reckless driving DUI, questionable airport incident, all misdemeanors - 6-8 games?

Wear socks too low (Gore) - $10,500

Don't talk to media - $50k

Minor legal problem with a firearm rule, non-reckless driving DUI, questionable airport incident, all misdemeanors - 6-8 games?

Minor only because he is a 49ers star player.
For us normal people that would be a felony and we'd be in jail waiting for our trial.

Out of all of his indiscretions that was the most damaging, on a federal level. He got lucky it was dropped and changed.
You got people in jail now who legally own firearms that go through much more than what Aldon did.
Money Manzel was up at 230am SAt morning, and was involved in a fight
why is this guy buried under hoyer
Originally posted by xtm059:

Have you not seen their record with Hoyer as their QB? Dude is winning games, simple as that. He had a horrible game at Atlanta yet was still able to lead the team down for the win. Manziel needs to wisen up and mature before he gets the reigns of any NFL team. He just isn't ready and sitting him on the bench for a couple years may just deflate that ego a bit.
Originally posted by speedster:

Minor only because he is a 49ers star player.
For us normal people that would be a felony and we'd be in jail waiting for our trial.

Out of all of his indiscretions that was the most damaging, on a federal level. He got lucky it was dropped and changed.
You got people in jail now who legally own firearms that go through much more than what Aldon did.

Unless you're a gang banger, or someone they want in jail, you are not going to jail for a b******t technicality where your magazine is slightly of the wrong type. That's a bunch of crap. They don't have space in jail for non-violent upstanding citizens who are caught on technicalities.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If Hoyer establishes himself as the long-term starter by the end of the season, maybe Dallas will offer their 1st to Cleveland for JM??

Although that's a "fair" trade, I'd try to milk more out of them or any other team looking to make a trade.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Unless you're a gang banger, or someone they want in jail, you are not going to jail for a b******t technicality where your magazine is slightly of the wrong type. That's a bunch of crap. They don't have space in jail for non-violent upstanding citizens who are caught on technicalities.

Uh no. This isn't about magazines of the wrong type.
It's about buying guns outside of the state of Ca and bringing it in, illegally. And then there's that high capacity magazine that is illegal as well.
Like I said it was a big a deal until they dropped and changed his charges to make it a misdemeanor because a) he is a 49er star and b) he could afford the thousands of dollars for a good lawyer.

I'm an avid gun enthusiast and collector. If I went to Arizona and brought back an Ar15 without going through an FFL and having it in the proper 'Ca' configuration, I'd be in jail awaiting trial. Not to mention bringing in high capacity magazines for said illegal rifle and its a double whammy. Then there's that little thing about firing a firearm in the city ordinance.

Not going to argue about space in jail or not, I can tell you if you or I or any upstanding citizen did what he did, we wouldn't get the special treatment he did,
Just head on to calguns and you'll see many stories of things happening to legal upstanding citizen gun owners that didn't do anything near what Aldon did.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Have you not seen their record with Hoyer as their QB? Dude is winning games, simple as that. He had a horrible game at Atlanta yet was still able to lead the team down for the win. Manziel needs to wisen up and mature before he gets the reigns of any NFL team. He just isn't ready and sitting him on the bench for a couple years may just deflate that ego a bit.

i've seen their record. they arent out of the race for their division. Granted, I wouldn't support changing the QB when the team is winning, but manziel has to have a higher ceiling than hoyer. I place less importance on things like maturity and ego than you do, obviously.

all that matters is whether someone has the skills to play well

hoyer is not the answer at QB
[ Edited by xtm059 on Nov 25, 2014 at 11:25 PM ]

Originally posted by JustinMT:

i've seen their record. they arent out of the race for their division. Granted, I wouldn't support changing the QB when the team is winning, but manziel has to have a higher ceiling than hoyer. I place less importance on things like maturity and ego than you do, obviously.

all that matters is whether someone has the skills to play well

hoyer is not the answer at QB

Lack of maturity, an ego that ostracized him from his teammates plus not scoring points just cost RG3 his job someone who has a higher ceiling than 90% of the QBs in the league yet he just got benched. You can't continuously put yourself first and your teammates last all the time and expect them to be by your side and support you, which is what RG3 and Manziel have done. Manziel might have been able to get away with that in college but its not gonna fly in the pros that's why guys like Hoyer, Kyle Orton, and Colt McCoy play over these divas. They have a team first attitude and their teammates back them up. If Manziel would just fly under the radar and stay out of the public's eye people wouldn't be so quick scrutinize him but its hard not too when he continuously puts himself in horrible situations.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Breaking: Johnny Manziel and Brian Hoyer have been informed that Manziel will in fact be the starter this week. #Scoopage
What happened to money Manziel? lol! I am so glad he flopped in his first career start. With all the hype he was bound to fail.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
What happened to money Manziel? lol! I am so glad he flopped in his first career start. With all the hype he was bound to fail.

Welcome to Planet Earth Mr. Manziel.

The first course on our menu is "Humble Pie"

Please enjoy as you will be getting a steady diet of it.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Karlos Dansby
On Manziel and Justin Gilbert

" But that's the thing with a lot of rookies these days. Their only goal is to get into the NFL. They want the glam and the flash but they're not willing to put in the grind and the work and the time in order to be great. They want it to just fall in their lap and it doesn't happen like that.''
Share 49ersWebzone