LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

NFLN top 100 players - 2014

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
So it's not both. You are agreeing with both of us. I was 'Lol'ing' at Romo and Foles being better according to this stupid list. I should have worded it better. Kap is hands down a greater QB than both of those overrated dudes. No one in their right mind would take Foles or Romo over Kap.

How is it crazy to take Foles over Kap? Foles is younger and has played terrific so far.
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:
How is it crazy to take Foles over Kap? Foles is younger and has played terrific so far.

Because Kaep is a better QB than Foles...?

It's crazy if you're on a 49ers board. If you ask this same question on a Philly board, the majority there would take Foles over Kap as they think Kap can't throw or read defenses and has been carried by the Niner's defense.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/693893-49ers-extend-kaepernick-through-2020-126mm6-yrs/page__st__90
[ Edited by stimpy on Jun 9, 2014 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by stimpy:

It's crazy if you're on a 49ers board. If you ask this same question on a Philly board, the majority there would take Foles over Kap as they think Kap can't throw or read defenses and has been carried by the Niner's defense.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/693893-49ers-extend-kaepernick-through-2020-126mm6-yrs/page__st__90

So, which are you on?

Its all biased. Discussing what Eagles fans think on here is pretty much a dead-end argument.
I'm not ready to give Foles all the credit, whereas I am sure Eagles fans are.
I'm almost positive Eagles fans listen to Trent Dilfer talk about how he thinks he knows football. If anybody even watched a 49er game other than 49er fans they would that he can in fact throw, and he does make reads (not as great as others but it is still there)

We could debate this all we want, but the truth is nobody can really compare the two.
Trying to would just result in a ban or thread lock, which is why English just quoted you

God the mindless trolling hawk fans are everywhere,
I clicked the link and literally the first post
So it's not both. You are agreeing with both of us. I was 'Lol'ing' at Romo and Foles being better according to this stupid list. I should have worded it better. Kap is hands down a greater QB than both of those overrated dudes. No one in their right mind would take Foles or Romo over Kap.

Well this is ironic, considering your username. Anyways, Kap has the ability to take over games against any defense. I don't see that from Foles. Kap hasn't quite done it yet against all defenses, but he's almost there. He was running all over Seattle in the NFC championship and they couldn't stop it. It wasn't until later in the game, when there wasn't very good pass protection, that he pretty much fell apart. But he definitely faired a lot better than some Hall of Fame QBs in Brees and Manning against that same defense.

Foles is talented, but he's also a product of a system that will put up bigger numbers with a bunch of different QBs at the helm. A lot of people are jumping on his bandwagon because of his impressive #s and the record game against the Raiders. I've got to see more before I declare him one of the better QBs in the league. I've already seen Kap go on two deep playoff runs, although he does have a hell of a team around him.
Well this is ironic, considering your username. Anyways, Kap has the ability to take over games against any defense. I don't see that from Foles. Kap hasn't quite done it yet against all defenses, but he's almost there. He was running all over Seattle in the NFC championship and they couldn't stop it. It wasn't until later in the game, when there wasn't very good pass protection, that he pretty much fell apart. But he definitely faired a lot better than some Hall of Fame QBs in Brees and Manning against that same defense.

Foles is talented, but he's also a product of a system that will put up bigger numbers with a bunch of different QBs at the helm. A lot of people are jumping on his bandwagon because of his impressive #s and the record game against the Raiders. I've got to see more before I declare him one of the better QBs in the league. I've already seen Kap go on two deep playoff runs, although he does have a hell of a team around him.

The highlighted text could be said about Kaepernick, just substitute Packers for Raiders.
Originally posted by Maulbert:

The highlighted text could be said about Kaepernick, just substitute Packers for Raiders.

4-2 in the post season with three road wins disagrees with you.

I wouldn't expect you to understand with your limited experience in watching and following post-season footbal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I wouldn't expect you to understand with your limited experience in watching and following post-season footbal

Does that mean you admit Russell Wilson is better than Kaepernick? He's 4-1 and beat Kaepernick in the postseason. Wouldn't that logic out the same way? See? numbers can be twisted. Don't just insult someone and think that means you won the argument. I know come hell or high water you'd find multiple different scales to claim Kaepernick was better than Wilson, Luck, Foles, or anyone else he was measured against. No, I'm not saying Foles is better. I'm just telling you to stop acting high and mighty.

Does that mean you admit Russell Wilson is better than Kaepernick? He's 4-1 and beat Kaepernick in the postseason. Wouldn't that logic out the same way? See? numbers can be twisted. Don't just insult someone and think that means you won the argument. I know come hell or high water you'd find multiple different scales to claim Kaepernick was better than Wilson, Luck, Foles, or anyone else he was measured against. No, I'm not saying Foles is better. I'm just telling you to stop acting high and mighty.

Thats good, id take kaep or wilson over foles 7 days a wk. Niner fan yes, but a badger fan as well!!

You took a jab at Kap so that was my response.

I'm not trying to win any argument against a fan base with such little winning history. Some of the worst football in the history of the NFL has come from SEA. Its like a PhD arguing with a middle schooler.

And for the record, Wilson is a good QB but Kap has a better upside, in my opinion based on watching two hall of fame QBs and multiple playoff and multiple super bowl victories/appearances. Not to mention over 20 years of winning football. We know what it takes more-so then other fans, especially over loser team fans bases such as SEA and AZ. That's why we have high standards.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 9, 2014 at 3:20 PM ]

I'm not trying to win any argument against a fan base with such little winning history. Some of the worst football in the history of the NFL has come from SEA. Its like a PhD arguing with a middle schooler. And for the record, Wilson is a good QB but Kap has a better upside.

This. And I actually just made a thread about Wilson having had more success so far than Kap, so get off your high horse Seahawk fan. We're not all biased homers over here, unlike many bandwagon Hawks fans.

And I like how you said the highlighted text in my original post could be said about Kaepernick. Umm no that text can not also be said about Kap. Kaepernick hasn't put up any huge passing #s in our ball control offense, so that's definitely not why people have jumped on the Kap bandwagon. Kap is talked about as an up and coming QB because of his excellent play in the playoffs against PLAYOFF teams and his game changing ability.

Also, you're saying Kap is the product of a system too? Hmmm, I guess he was the product of the Nevada system in college as well then where he threw for over 10,000 yards, 82 tds, had a 142 college QB rating, and ran for over 4,000 yards. Your argument is INVALID.

I'm not trying to win any argument against a fan base with such little winning history. Some of the worst football in the history of the NFL has come from SEA. Its like a PhD arguing with a middle schooler.

You know, I'm not arguing Seattle has a great history, but we are not one of the worst teams in NFL history. We've never had the number 1 pick, and, honestly, our biggest claim to fame is the fact that a full 1/2 of our 38 seasons in the league - 19 years! - we have finished 9-7 (9 times), 8-8 (4 times), or 7-9 (6 times). That's the most in the NFL in that timespan. We aren't historically great, but we aren't historically bad. We're historically mediocre. We're only 10 games under .500 (293-303) and there are 13 teams with worse winning percentages than us. We've never been like the 90's Bengals or the 00's Lions for an extended period. As a matter of fact, we've never gone longer that 3 straight years with a losing record. Like I said, mediocre. That's almost worse than being bad.
This. And I actually just made a thread about Wilson having had more success so far than Kap, so get off your high horse Seahawk fan. We're not all biased homers over here, unlike many bandwagon Hawks fans.

And I like how you said the highlighted text in my original post could be said about Kaepernick. Umm no that text can not also be said about Kap. Kaepernick hasn't put up any huge passing #s in our ball control offense, so that's definitely not why people have jumped on the Kap bandwagon. Kap is talked about as an up and coming QB because of his excellent play in the playoffs against PLAYOFF teams and his game changing ability.

Also, you're saying Kap is the product of a system too? Hmmm, I guess he was the product of the Nevada system in college as well then where he threw for over 10,000 yards, 82 tds, had a 142 college QB rating, and ran for over 4,000 yards. Your argument is INVALID.

He was the product of a system. Chris Ault's pistol offense. Kaepernick is insane in it.
[ Edited by Maulbert on Jun 9, 2014 at 4:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone