There are 243 users in the forums

NFLN top 100 players - 2014

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Colin is 81? ARE YOU f**kING KIDDING ME?? QB is the MOST important position on the field and he is a top 5 QB...

Think about this, who would you rather have on your team over KaP? I only have 3 people above him right now....

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. CK7

The rest of the group is NOT better than Colin

Peyton Manning? I assure you, if that guy played in the NFC west he would not be healthy..... See SB48
Matt Ryan? Really?
Tony Romo? I LOL on that one
RGIII? Please...
Andres Luck? I have him right behind CK7 - Good Arm, Smart, Big, and can create plays with his legs
Russell Wilson? f**k NO - I hate this son of a b***h, i got rid of my HP because he is the spokemen.. f**king a*****e... god damn i hate him.
Big Ben? Proven winner, but doesnt seem to have the same drive he did when he was winning SB's.
Jay Cutler? see Tony Romo
Matt Stafford? This frog is an interception machine - no thanks

81? wow... i hope Kap sees this and uses it as a chip on his shoulder

On one hand CK single-handedly almost won NFCCG on his legs and with some huge clutch throws (throw to Boldin over ET comes to mind). On the other hand he also single-handedly lost the game with the 3 turnovers in the final 3 possessions. Is CK better than #81...absolutely. Is he a top 5 QB at this current moment, I don't think so. Can he be? absolutely. Will he be....well that depends on his growth and we'll just all have to wait and see. Just like RW is "carried by his defense", CK has a great O-Line, defense, and a much stronger WR core than RW. As others have said on here, with the addition of Stevie Johnson on the Niners, CK will have absolutely no excuses for lack of passing game this season (assuming a healthy offense).
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zaghawk:
On one hand CK single-handedly almost won NFCCG on his legs and with some huge clutch throws (throw to Boldin over ET comes to mind). On the other hand he also single-handedly lost the game with the 3 turnovers in the final 3 possessions. Is CK better than #81...absolutely. Is he a top 5 QB at this current moment, I don't think so. Can he be? absolutely. Will he be....well that depends on his growth and we'll just all have to wait and see. Just like RW is "carried by his defense", CK has a great O-Line, defense, and a much stronger WR core than RW. As others have said on here, with the addition of Stevie Johnson on the Niners, CK will have absolutely no excuses for lack of passing game this season (assuming a healthy offense).

Only thing I would say to this is tha our OLine were terrible last year in pass protection. They've been dining on the reputation from 2012 but if you watch the NFCCG (albeit Iupati injuryim impacted this) or the game at Cadlestick vs the Panthers, you can see how bad they were.
this has become like a pro bowl type vote. when players vote for the pro bowl they tend to vote for their friends around the league and not who actually deserves it.
Colin is 81? ARE YOU f**kING KIDDING ME?? QB is the MOST important position on the field and he is a top 5 QB...

Think about this, who would you rather have on your team over KaP? I only have 3 people above him right now....

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. CK7

Peyton Manning? I assure you, if that guy played in the NFC west he would not be healthy..... See SB48
Matt Ryan? Really?
RGIII? Please...
Andres Luck? I have him right behind CK7 - Good Arm, Smart, Big, and can create plays with his legs
Russell Wilson? f**k NO - I hate this son of a b***h, i got rid of my HP because he is the spokemen.. f**king a*****e... god damn i hate him.
Big Ben? Proven winner, but doesnt seem to have the same drive he did when he was winning SB's.

Dafuq are you taking about? Our pass protection last year sucked di*ck our receiving core consisted only of 3 guys and one is a TE, and our only strong point was our defense which lost its best player in Bowman, and Kap WAS the only reason we were in the game to begin with. Sure he turned it over at the end but I credit that to our poor pass protection and your NASCAR D-line lineup.

fwi, that defense won you that ring,rw literally did NOTHING in the sb, and that was against a trash Denver defense. Seeing what Kap did against Seattles defense, you can just imagine what he would've done to that soft a*s denver D!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Kap's #81. lol

he should have been higher
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Relax guys, the top 100 list is just something the NFLN created to fill off-season TV time and to ensure ppl across north america (USA and CAnada) have debates over who was placed where. The players themselves all answer (or re-ask themselves) the question differently
ie.
-Who was the best player last year
- who would i build my team around right now
-Who is the most important player on the team, where if he goes down, the team sucks (Remember when Manning missed a year and Colts were last? lots of guys chose Manning.

So the list is all up for interpretation. Now Charles Clay is a nice player for Miami, but top 100 anyway you look at it.....NOPE. Kaep at #81 is about right i think. HIs stats were average which is primarily what this is based on. With full set of weapons this season i expect him to move up next season.

The list is also a list of the top 100 for this year "it's not supposed to be based on last year". So basically the players are supposed to decide which players make the list partially based on their performance from last year but to vote on how they think they will play this year, which is why I think the list gets all super potato, plus lets not forget its a popularity contest for some voters as well, IE Sherman prolly never votes for any Niners to make the list but picks all his teammates to make the top 10 list with himself being number one of course

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. CK7

Matt Ryan? Really?
RGIII? Please...

I agree with a seahag? The world is surely coming to an end.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap's #81. lol

Your perspective as a 9er fan. The players in the NFL who have to play against him put him at 81.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Kap's #81. lol

Your perspective as a 9er fan. The players in the NFL who have to play against him put him at 81.

true dat.

you think your boy makes the list this year ?
Kap's #81. lol

true dat.

I think so...and since the bottom has already been announced it will mean he was rated higher than Kap. That's not going to go over well around here. I suspect he'll be in the next group...or he won't be in it at all.

Kap's #81. lol

true dat.

by the way, the fact that the players kept him at 81 despite a reduction in performance is promising in my opinion. It means despite everything, they still consider him a real threat. I really think Kap is destined for great things.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think so...and since the bottom has already been announced it will mean he was rated higher than Kap. That's not going to go over well around here. I suspect he'll be in the next group...or he won't be in it at all.

yah I hope he makes it, he's come a long way.
by the way, the fact that the players kept him at 81 despite a reduction in performance is promising in my opinion. It means despite everything, they still consider him a real threat. I really think Kap is destined for great things.

He got some more WRs now its time to take it to the next level. Not sure about the play calling doe.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. CK7

Matt Ryan? Really?
RGIII? Please...

I agree with a seahag? The world is surely coming to an end.

lol. No matter how much heat there is between rival fans, one thing brings them all together. Eating, Drinking and watching good football.
The rankings are essentially for this coming season. The player voting ranks Kap as 81st for 2014 which is just straight up BS. Wilson will probably be top 10 (along with Dick of course). If RG3 is on it then LOL.
This ranks on the "Who Gives A S**T" list right there with power rankings. Can't believe how badly some people get worked up over this.
Share 49ersWebzone