LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

NFLN top 100 players - 2014

Shop 49ers game tickets
So the 49ers don't have any players in the top 25. Meanwhile, the Seahawks are going to have four guys in the top 25, Midget Wilson, Dick Sherman, Earl Thomas, and Marshawn.

So Russel Wilson is better than Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman? lol. Oh and Cam Newton is apparently too. Cam Newton and Russel Wilson are better than Andrew Luck and significantly better than Colin Kaepernick.

Then the best middle linebacker in the game I guess is Luke Keuchly. Better than Willis and Bowman according to this list. Lol this list gets funnier and funnier.
Bowman should be in the top 20 at a minimum. Probably top 10. Lavonte David is not better than Bowman.
I tried not to get too wrap up in the rankings, but the bowman ranking still has me shaking my head. At a minimum bow should be a top 20 player. Ole b***h Sherman is probably gonna be a top 5 player and he isn't even the best player in their secondary.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
So the 49ers don't have any players in the top 25. Meanwhile, the Seahawks are going to have four guys in the top 25, Midget Wilson, Dick Sherman, Earl Thomas, and Marshawn.

So Russel Wilson is better than Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman? lol. Oh and Cam Newton is apparently too. Cam Newton and Russel Wilson are better than Andrew Luck and significantly better than Colin Kaepernick.

Then the best middle linebacker in the game I guess is Luke Keuchly. Better than Willis and Bowman according to this list. Lol this list gets funnier and funnier.

Willis dropped 17 spots from last year while Gerald McCoy made a huge jump 60-something spots, but never mind the Bucs won 6 games last year. They must've polled the most severely dense or ignorant players in the league for this thing.
Stopped watching this 2 years ago. Their rankings are a joke
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Psinex:
Bowman should be in the top 20 at a minimum. Probably top 10. Lavonte David is not better than Bowman.

this. it's laughable how much Bowman gets passed up for stuff like this. not a single vote for DPOY last season. HOW?? Dude was a fkn beast till his very last step!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Psinex:

this. it's laughable how much Bowman gets passed up for stuff like this. not a single vote for DPOY last season. HOW?? Dude was a fkn beast till his very last step!
Don't know why you guys bother with this garbage.
Originally posted by English:
Don't know why you guys bother with this garbage.

It's fun to talk about how f**ked up it is
i dont think wilson is a top 20 player but i'll leave that alone since he won a super bowl last year. newton at 24 while kaep is at 81? its laughable, i wouldnt take newton over kaep if you gave me an extra 1st round pick to do it.

Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont think wilson is a top 20 player but i'll leave that alone since he won a super bowl last year. newton at 24 while kaep is at 81? its laughable, i wouldnt take newton over kaep if you gave me an extra 1st round pick to do it.

Yeah I would never trust Newton as the Quarterback of my team. He's all about himself and pouts like a baby when the going gets tough. I also think Kap has a lot more potential as a passer. The only thing Newton has on him is size and strength and that's really not very important at all.
So many things wrong with this. Anquan Boldin and Crab aren't top 100 players in the NFL? Eric Reid isn't either? Kuechly ahead of both Willis and Bowman by miles?

Ain't nobody got time 4 dis.
People on here complaining that their 8 players in the top100 of 32 NFL teams are under 20th place?!? That 8 players out of a total list of 100 (where the average team should get 3 players) is disrespectful and it should be 9-10.

The Hawks just won the SB, and at best will have 5 players on it. I'm sure had the Niners won the SB all 8 of their players would have jumped 10-20 spots, maybe even added another 1-2 more players on this list. Much like had the Hawks lost the NFCCG, their 5 players may be trimmed to only 3-4 and drop 15-30 spots. So just surprised people are complaining about lack of respect. Your team has 3 more players than the SB winning team. How is that not respect? Sounds like no one would be happy unless the top 53/100 was the entire Niner team roster.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jun 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont think wilson is a top 20 player but i'll leave that alone since he won a super bowl last year.

- Given the way he played last year, I felt he played better in 2012 than 2013, but like you said he did win the SB.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jun 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM ]
Originally posted by zaghawk:
People on here complaining that their 8 players in the top100 of 32 NFL teams are under 20th place?!? That 8 players out of a total list of 100 (where the average team should get 3 players) is disrespectful and it should be 9-10.

The Hawks just won the SB, and at best will have 5 players on it. I'm sure had the Niners won the SB all 8 of their players would have jumped 10-20 spots, maybe even added another 1-2 more players on this list. Much like had the Hawks lost the NFCCG, their 5 players may be trimmed to only 3-4 and drop 15-30 spots. So just surprised people are complaining about lack of respect. Your team has 3 more players than the SB winning team. How is that not respect? Sounds like no one would be happy unless the top 53/100 was the entire Niner team roster.

No it's called really good players on teams who didn't sniff the '13-'14 playoffs being ranked higher than some 49er pro bowl/all-pro players on this dumbass list. No argument with the 4 Seahawks left making top 25 and I don't really mind guys like Justin Smith or Gore in 50-70 range but to have Bowman in the 40's is just dumb as hell. By your logic that SB win gives the remaining Seattle guys on the list a nice spike in their ranking they wouldn't otherwise have, then guys like Willis, Bowman, Aldon Smith should get ranked at least 10 spots higher than they were for being a whisker from SB champions. At least they have a stronger case for that than some of the guys ranked above them.
Share 49ersWebzone