LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

NFLN top 100 players - 2014

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Maulbert:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
This. And I actually just made a thread about Wilson having had more success so far than Kap, so get off your high horse Seahawk fan. We're not all biased homers over here, unlike many bandwagon Hawks fans.

And I like how you said the highlighted text in my original post could be said about Kaepernick. Umm no that text can not also be said about Kap. Kaepernick hasn't put up any huge passing #s in our ball control offense, so that's definitely not why people have jumped on the Kap bandwagon. Kap is talked about as an up and coming QB because of his excellent play in the playoffs against PLAYOFF teams and his game changing ability.

Also, you're saying Kap is the product of a system too? Hmmm, I guess he was the product of the Nevada system in college as well then where he threw for over 10,000 yards, 82 tds, had a 142 college QB rating, and ran for over 4,000 yards. Your argument is INVALID.

He was the product of a system. Chris Ault's pistol offense. Kaepernick is insane in it.

He is that system. Not everyone can run the pistol. And out of the few that can, not many can run it so effectively.
Does that mean you admit Russell Wilson is better than Kaepernick? He's 4-1 and beat Kaepernick in the postseason. Wouldn't that logic out the same way? See? numbers can be twisted. Don't just insult someone and think that means you won the argument. I know come hell or high water you'd find multiple different scales to claim Kaepernick was better than Wilson, Luck, Foles, or anyone else he was measured against. No, I'm not saying Foles is better. I'm just telling you to stop acting high and mighty.

This is a niner board, I'll act high and mighty about Kaep whenever I want because I am posting on a NINER BOARD.
God forbid 1 bad thing is said about the seahawks anywhere on the internet jesus

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You took a jab at Kap so that was my response.

I'm not trying to win any argument against a fan base with such little winning history. Some of the worst football in the history of the NFL has come from SEA. Its like a PhD arguing with a middle schooler.

You know, I'm not arguing Seattle has a great history, but we are not one of the worst teams in NFL history. We've never had the number 1 pick, and, honestly, our biggest claim to fame is the fact that a full 1/2 of our 38 seasons in the league - 19 years! - we have finished 9-7 (9 times), 8-8 (4 times), or 7-9 (6 times). That's the most in the NFL in that timespan. We aren't historically great, but we aren't historically bad. We're historically mediocre. We're only 10 games under .500 (293-303) and there are 13 teams with worse winning percentages than us. We've never been like the 90's Bengals or the 00's Lions for an extended period. As a matter of fact, we've never gone longer that 3 straight years with a losing record. Like I said, mediocre. That's almost worse than being bad.

You missed the point about Young2Rice referring to some of the worst football, not all. He is saying that some of your worst seasons have been the worst of all time.
You may be mediocre on average, but when its bad, its the worst ever. Thats his point.

He was the product of a system. Chris Ault's pistol offense. Kaepernick is insane in it.

Bow #47? Yea f**kin right.Willis will prolly be higher, I feel Bow is better.They'll prolly have Keekly higher also, which is b******t.

This list can EAFD.
Don't watch this show but saw Bowman was at 47. Lol that's why I don't watch this crap. Name me 46 players better than Bow
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jun 11, 2014 at 9:23 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Don't watch this show but saw Bowman was at 47. Lol that's why I don't watch this crap. Name me 46 players better than Bow

craig dahl
Originally posted by frenchmov:

craig dahl

jon beason
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
No way should Gronk be higher than Vernon. He is injury-prone and that was why he only had 4 TDs as compared to Vernon's 13.

Then, there is NaVorro, in my opinion there is no better inside linebacker in the league. That includes Pat cos his speed has slowed down as compared to Bow.

Overall ? Most of our rankings have dropped this year. Not unless we win a Super Bowl, our guys won't get the respect they deserve.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

he didn't even get one vote for DPOY.
They're giving us no respect this year, I love it.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

he didn't even get one vote for DPOY.

Wow, that's ridiculous. It seems like the DPOY award doesn't always go to the best player, but the best player on the most improved team. People saw that the Panthers improved a lot this year, and attribute that to Keuchly. While he had a great year, Bowman actually played at a higher level, but his defense was already good, so he doesn't get the added storyline of turning a team around. As a matter of fact, both Bowman AND Willis graded out higher than Keuchly in PFF's ratings.

Dbl post
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM ]
It is ridiculous. Bowman should be in the top 10 at least.
So Lavonte David is better than Navorro Bowman? And Russel Wilson is a top 30 player? lolz
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
They're giving us no respect this year, I love it.

What?!? They've already released like 70 of the top100, the Hawks just won the Super Bowl, have only 1 player on it (1 of the 3 players that made the all-pro team this year). Meanwhile the Niners have 7 already. How is that not respect for the players on the Niners team? They're basically 10% of the list already.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jun 18, 2014 at 7:28 PM ]
Originally posted by zaghawk:
What?!? They've already released like 70 of the top100, the Hawks just won the Super Bowl, have only 1 player on it (1 of the 3 players that made the all-pro team this year). Meanwhile the Niners have 7 already. How is that not respect for the players on the Niners team? They're basically 10% of the list already.

Only gripe I have is Bowman at #47. He was criminally underrated. We're talking about arguably the best ILB in the game, and a 3-time 1st team all-pro. That's 3 consecutive seasons as a 1st-team all-pro. There is no way there are 46 players in this league better than him, and then when you see Russell Wilson in the Top 30 you can't help but laugh your ass off. I know the guy is a fine young QB and was part of a SB winning team, but he's not a Top 30 player. That's laughable. I would've reacted the same way if Kap was Top 30.

As for the Seahawks, they have a couple guys on there. Chancellor, Wilson, and you know Thomas, Sherman, Lynch will be announced soon. That's 5 guys right there. Although with how screwy this list has been, I wouldn't be surprised to see Malcolm Smith in the Top 20.
Share 49ersWebzone