There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Browns extend Joe Haden

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 5m
To recap: $68 million over 5-yr extension through 2019 with $45 million in gtd $ for Browns' Joe Haden. (Deleted prev tweet to not confuse)

[ Edited by crabman82 on May 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM ]
man these CBs are making way too much money
They have to overpay players to stay in that s**t hole
Just as long as its more than Sherman I'm good
Browns is more dumb s**t for many years. They don't make a playoff.. they paid to Haden a lot of moneys. Browns is dumb again and again..
Originally posted by susweel:
man these CBs are making way too much money

No kidding. I can't see paying anyone that kind of money who isn't an OLB/DE or quarterback. I guess that's what we're just gonna see more of now that passing is so much more prevalent now though. Still crazy to see for a player that's probably only involved in at most 10 looks/targets from the quarterback per game.
I'll throw something POSITIVE in this thread:

Paid more than SHERMAN. That's gotta bother him somewhat.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

It's positive in that it will help him (in his mind anyway) to continue to play with a chip on his shoulder ;-)
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

It's positive in that it will help him (in his mind anyway) to continue to play with a chip on his shoulder ;-)

pretty soon he'll be the third highest paid cb in the league. odds of him holding out to get "more respect"?
Bruschi put Sherm 3rd behind revis and haden as the best db in the league! Lol

The 12's of texas a&m must be pissed
Overpaid yes, but damn Joe Haden is the best CB in the league IMO.. Yes better than Sherman. Diff between the two is that Haden shadows the #1 rec while Sherman stays on one side.
Sherman is going to have an issue with this.

And LisaTwelve what chip is he going to hold over this? The fact that he negotiated a contact with Seattle? Haha
Lol at Sherman making less money

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Sherman is going to have an issue with this.

And LisaTwelve what chip is he going to hold over this? The fact that he negotiated a contact with Seattle? Haha

Well, I initially said it sort of tongue in cheek but, those Stanford Boys (Sherm and Doug B) do tend to use anything and everything as a chip (e.g., from their draft status, to comments like 'pedestrian receivers', to players that got more $$$). Just how they motivate themselves, I guess.

Whatever works
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on May 13, 2014 at 2:44 PM ]
Lol yea who is he going to be pissed at? I'd take Haden over Sherman fwiw