LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

DB Dontae Johnson North Carolina State

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i believe in lawrence so much i had to say it twice

LMAO. Our boy will get called up once he's 100% and McDonald is cut from the team...to play OT for Staley and return punts for Ellington.
GOD can you imagine,, blocking on the line,, return six punts for touchdowns ,, he can do ANYTHING . he is the black al bundy
How does Johnson come into play in the future? I'm curious as to what Baalke is thinking. On one hand he drafts two 6'0 man/zone corners. On the other hand he drafts a 6'2 CB and brings in another 6'2 press CB. Your options are open because you could say Acker and Resear are scheme fits but you also have 2 press man corners who will ultimately belong on the parameter. All this on top of a safety who looks more comfortable in the box and playing slot. Is Baalke entertaining a cover 3 scheme but also keeping his options open with Resear and Acker. I mean just because DJ and Cook are press CB doesn't mean we have to play cover 3 but I can't help but think it may at the very least be another wrinkle and maybe even are scheme when the NT comes off.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 8, 2014 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
How does Johnson come into play in the future? I'm curious as to what Baalke is thinking. On one hand he drafts two 6'0 man/zone corners. On the other hand he drafts a 6'2 CB and brings in another 6'2 press CB. Your options are open because you could say Acker and Resear are scheme fits but you also have 2 press man corners who will ultimately belong on the parameter. All this on top of a safety who looks more comfortable in the box and playing slot. Is Baalke entertaining a cover 3 scheme but also keeping his options open with Resear and Acker. I mean just because DJ and Cook are press CB doesn't mean we have to play cover 3 but I can't help but think it may at the very least be another wrinkle and maybe even are scheme when the NT comes off.

harder to find good man to man corners. we can teach them how to zone. with our pattern matching you need to be excellent at both and very intelligent to understand what you're supposed to do.

i was impressed because he paid attention in this week's prep and did exactly what he was supposed to do. if the guys tune in like this the secondary will be elite.

dez bryant is a top 5 wr and he was not a factor against our back up corner backs.

the cowboys is an explosive offense and if not for the refs it would have been a 3 point performance for the defense with 6 back ups out there.
I have to say i am shocked & surprised how well he played vs Dallas i was expecting him to get picked on once he hit the field. If he keeps getting more snaps with all the injuries we have at CB he might be starting soon rather then later. Great Job Baalke u nailed the 2014 draft

Culliver and Brock both took over as starters due to injuries…wonder if the trend continues...
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Culliver and Brock both took over as starters due to injuries…wonder if the trend continues...

Let's not get ahead of herself. It was one game. Culliver had a track record with us and Tramaine Brock demonstrated he was a clear upgrade over multiple games. Just because a guy performs well for a game does not make him instantly better. Let's just enjoy the depth.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I have to say i am shocked & surprised how well he played vs Dallas i was expecting him to get picked on once he hit the field. If he keeps getting more snaps with all the injuries we have at CB he might be starting soon rather then later. Great Job Baalke u nailed the 2014 draft

They tried and he stepped up. Dude has ball skillz.
in a draft where all the gms were looking for fluid" big" corners to me it says alot that we waited till the fourth and got a good one. thiz draft.. oh thiz draft. no crazy moves up just tuns and tuns of talent.
Kid is legit, reminds me of Culliver during his rookie year
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Kid is legit, reminds me of Culliver during his rookie year

Agree. Hope he continues his good play & is ready at all times like he was in this game.

4th round pick. Rookie year. Game 1. Love it!
Just re-watched the game last night and I just wanted to say this...

Dontae Johnson was outstanding! He had great position on his assignments, he was aggressive and played the ball, he looked quick and it appears he knows how to use his length to his advantage. Very impressive for a rookie 4th round pick who came into the game probably not expecting to play on defense.

I've always had confidence in Cox. He's been an underrated player. With Johnson, CB could be a position of strength this year. There are no Sherman/Revis shutdown types of players in the group, but a lot of very capable guys.
He was good all preseason and good in the 1st game of the year too. I think he is for real.
LOL this dude is a really nasty f**ker, you go back and watch the game, he was putting some real nasty shoves down on special teams lol, specially that play where the Eagles f**ked up and gave us a touchback at the 20, which led to our first TD.
Has this dude even hit the field as a DB since game 1?
Share 49ersWebzone