LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Twitter and NFL Players

Shop 49ers game tickets
what a deadly combination. just yesterday after Miami selected a OL...M Pouncey posted on twitter wondering what GIFTS the rook is going to buy vets

Today after M Sam got drafted another dolphin without brains went to twitter to post his disgust at M Sam being drafted.

figured I start a thread dedicate it to numbnut ballplayers especially the ones from Miami
That franchise has become such a joke. I really don't understand why they can never keep their mouths shut. You would've thought they would have learned after last year.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Morons.is there a link to the story
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10919412/don-jones-miami-dolphins-apologizes-fined-tweet-reacting-rams-selection-michael-sam

He's now fined and excused from team until he goes through educational training.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
So it is offensive to say something is offensive even if it is offensive except offensive to who?

this world has nearly gone mad.

the offensive logic works against you.

you fine someone for saying something offensive that probably was offensive to them. so its ok for some people to be offended but other people must be fined for bieng offended.

so i suppose right now everyone feels good because "justice is being served" ....whatever.

one day the logic will turn against the tide and suddenly what you believe/think will be offensive and what you believe/think will be cause for fines/bans etc.

in the battle against moral judgement the world has become a.....ironic....moral judge.
Plenty of players had unkind words for Tim Tebow and the media/NFL had no problem with that, but a suddenly someone says "OMG Horrible" about Michael Sam and it's offensive? Liberals, "tolerant" only if you agree with them.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:
Plenty of players had unkind words for Tim Tebow and the media/NFL had no problem with that, but a suddenly someone says "OMG Horrible" about Michael Sam and it's offensive? Liberals, "tolerant" only if you agree with them.
I can't believe no one started a thread about what I believe happened on ESPN showing Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend. That is what I saw on internet I only have broadcast TV. Back in the day when I saw draft highlights they didn't even show new draftees kissing wives or girlfriends, usually just dudes jumping up and down high fiving friends or hugging their mother. Is their a lot of heterosexual kissing on the lips shown when someone is drafted now? I am not alone at being grossed out by two dudes kissing, I will even turn my head if two male cartoon characters kiss. It is like they are throwing this in people's faces. I realize it's biology and how people are born, but I am pretty sure a good percentage of males don't want to see two dudes make out. They didn't need to show that.

On the other hand what if "OMG Horrible" related too a player feeling Michael Sam should not have been drafted because he wasn't NFL material and it was a public relations stunt? I feel that way, his combine was terrible. In the late 70's I was way faster and stronger as a freshman D3 linebacker. I don't think he will amount to anything, he looks soft, doesn't have a football players build. I think he got picked to have a token out gay guy on the team.
Originally posted by BobS:
I can't believe no one started a thread about what I believe happened on ESPN showing Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend. That is what I saw on internet I only have broadcast TV. Back in the day when I saw draft highlights they didn't even show new draftees kissing wives or girlfriends, usually just dudes jumping up and down high fiving friends or hugging their mother. Is their a lot of heterosexual kissing on the lips shown when someone is drafted now? I am not alone at being grossed out by two dudes kissing, I will even turn my head if two male cartoon characters kiss. It is like they are throwing this in people's faces. I realize it's biology and how people are born, but I am pretty sure a good percentage of males don't want to see two dudes make out. They didn't need to show that.

On the other hand what if "OMG Horrible" related too a player feeling Michael Sam should not have been drafted because he wasn't NFL material and it was a public relations stunt? I feel that way, his combine was terrible. In the late 70's I was way faster and stronger as a freshman D3 linebacker. I don't think he will amount to anything, he looks soft, doesn't have a football players build. I think he got picked to have a token out gay guy on the team.

look I'm still not used to seeing two men kissing..and I was raised in SF (mainly because couples here don't throw it in your face, like many seem to believe)...I think the Sam situation was just a moment that happened.....but don't act like they never show straight couples kissing before, after a player is selected. Happens all the time. His partner might have been the main reason Sam has been able to handle all this pressure.

I personally thought it was hilarious that, even though it was a different gender preference.....but still the o'l black sports player, white significant other...lol. Not that I have a problem with interracial couples...I just know that many do.

I wonder if Gay black dudes across the country threw their hands in the air, like some black women used to/still do...lol.

edit- Sam might've had a bad combine in your opinion...but he was productive in college. And won awards. Rams said they had him graded higher...and would use him mainly on passing situations.... so in their opinion, a player who can be productive in rotation with their other beasts.
[ Edited by Afrikan on May 12, 2014 at 8:16 AM ]
Well said....

Originally posted by Crown:
So it is offensive to say something is offensive even if it is offensive except offensive to who?

this world has nearly gone mad.

the offensive logic works against you.

you fine someone for saying something offensive that probably was offensive to them. so its ok for some people to be offended but other people must be fined for bieng offended.

so i suppose right now everyone feels good because "justice is being served" ....whatever.

one day the logic will turn against the tide and suddenly what you believe/think will be offensive and what you believe/think will be cause for fines/bans etc.

in the battle against moral judgement the world has become a.....ironic....moral judge.
its twitter and everyone, not just miami. you can go through any team and find a player or two who has said dumb things on twitter at the wrong time. boobie dixon calling seattle the she-hawks the week of the game. yeah its funny, but unneeded on game week.

Originally posted by crabman82:
its twitter and everyone, not just miami. you can go through any team and find a player or two who has said dumb things on twitter at the wrong time. boobie dixon calling seattle the she-hawks the week of the game. yeah its funny, but unneeded on game week.

This. Roddy White told the Zimmerman jurors to "kill themselves" after the trial, what punishment did he get?
Twitter is proof that most of these buffoons got free passes during their educational career.

"The boy is dumb as nails and is flunking math and speech class..but we need a corner and he is damn good..ah what tha heck.A-."

the gays have a choke hold on everyone. they force us to like what they are, and if we differ in opinion we are bigots..... sad but true, walking around eggshells around them now....
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
the gays have a choke hold on everyone. they force us to like what they are, and if we differ in opinion we are bigots..... sad but true, walking around eggshells around them now....
+1 So true. call me bigot, homophobe, whatever I don't care.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

I wouldn't put in quite those same terms, but it is simply undeniable that mockery of Tebow's faith was perfectly acceptable, while even a hint of something negative toward Sam will probably get you in trouble.
Share 49ersWebzone