LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Technically speaking, "Johnny Football" has been in more trouble than Aaron Lynch.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
So basically the kid has no ambition, no drive, no respect etc. So if he didn't get drafted, he ends up on food stamps and/or in jail. Hopefully 49ers staff can get this kid to like football and want to come to work to get better. If not, he will be released and i would bet commit some crime sooner rather than later.

He's not a thug. He's never been in trouble with the law. Just immature. We're talking about a 21 year old kid. He left ND because he was home-sick. He missed his mom lol.

There is some growing up to do, for sure. But he's not a bad guy. Just needs to get his head straight and focus on being the best player he can be. He's in a perfect spot here. Winning team with strong leadership in place to guide him. It's worth a shot because he could be monster pass rusher.

I am really excited about Lynch! I think he will be the steal of the draft. Harbaugh and Leavitt will motivate him to be the best. I can't wait for TC, I want to see him in action in preseason! Go Niners! Nice draft
Originally posted by Wrathman:
I am really excited about Lynch! I think he will be the steal of the draft. Harbaugh and Leavitt will motivate him to be the best. I can't wait for TC, I want to see him in action in preseason! Go Niners! Nice draft

Also, the head coach down there thinks he'll be motivated with better players around him as role models. He's already said he's in awe of players like Willis, Bowman and Smith. He might really come into his own in an environment like this.
Originally posted by crake49:

Also, the head coach down there thinks he'll be motivated with better players around him as role models. He's already said he's in awe of players like Willis, Bowman and Smith. He might really come into his own in an environment like this.
I sure hope you mean Justin....I can't imagine him and Aldon hanging out......
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre

Dayum RT @McMurphyESPN: USF strength coach Hans Straub, who sent critical tweet about USF DE Aaron Lynch's character, has resigned
  • thl408
Originally posted by Jcool:

Dayum RT @McMurphyESPN: USF strength coach Hans Straub, who sent critical tweet about USF DE Aaron Lynch's character, has resigned

Does tweeting about feels ever lead to anything good? So many things are easily avoided by just staying off social media.

About Lynch, in Tomsula I trust.

That was quick lol.

People need to be careful about what they tweet. Nothing goes unnoticed. If you like your job, don't tweet stupid s**t.
Originally posted by thl408:

Does tweeting about feels ever lead to anything good? So many things are easily avoided by just staying off social media.

^^^This. I believe this pick is the quinessential low risk, high reward.
I'd rather save our low character fliers for the 7th round, not the 5th.
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by crake49:

I sure hope you mean Justin....I can't imagine him and Aldon hanging out......

Actually, if you read the transcript of his conference call, in that instance he was talking about how much he admired Aldon Smith's game. He also talked about how much he liked Tomsula. I'm not sure it would be bad for a kid like Lynch to be around Aldon Smith because he can relate. Aldon Smith is a guy who is trying to get it together and so is Lynch. Lynch seems to respect great players and he'll find lots of incredibly good players on this defense.

Originally posted by thl408:

This... To say how I feel about his comments, these are kids we are talking about not a finished product. If we were talking about 30 year olds then I would understand his comments but we are not and these are kids who are going to make mistakes, that's a given. What's so bad in giving a kid a chance to redeem himself , learn and grow from his own mistakes?
Why all the fuss about a guy who was our 8th pick? If hes a dirtbag, release him. If he sucks, release him. Who cares? Its not like we invested much in him.
Originally posted by dhp318:

Lynch was the 8th player selected by the 49ers in this draft....I'd say it was worth the risk.

Nobody expects a 5th round pick to do much. You're nitpicking in a big way.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

Lynch was the 8th player selected by the 49ers in this draft....I'd say it was worth the risk.

Plus, didn't Tarell Brown have character red flags? He was a 5th rounder, right?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by genus49:

Plus, didn't Tarell Brown have character red flags? He was a 5th rounder, right?

Pot
Share 49ersWebzone