There are 213 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Are we playing him at OLB or will have him bulk up and play DE?

OLB, he will still need to put on about 15 to 20 pounds.
I can see this guy becmong the steal of this draft one day. He has so much potential and I think the lack of production last year had more to do with weight loss. Being around our excellent coaches and some of our high character, hard working guys will help. if anyone knows anything about adderal it really screws up your metabolism and your head in genearl. Ive had friends on prescriptions lose 8 pounds in one day, a lot of that is water weight but when you consider how big aaron lynch it is no surprise he saw a massive drop in wieght considering it literally destroys your appetite. Get him with the coaches, get him off the adderal, get him in the weight room, and get him in the cafeteria. The great think about muscle is that once you have had a certain amount of muscle mass it becomes easier to put it back on due to muscle memory, he can easily be back to a solid 265 by week 1 if he works with our strength coaches and eats enough.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/05/report-usf-assistant-suspended-after-questioning-49ers-selection-of-aaron-lynch.html

Not real promising. USF Strength & Conditioning Coach questions 49er's selection of Lynch and gets punished as a result. You'd think this guy has some decent insights on Lynch.

Hope he's wrong.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/05/report-usf-assistant-suspended-after-questioning-49ers-selection-of-aaron-lynch.html

Not real promising. USF Strength & Conditioning Coach questions 49er's selection of Lynch and gets punished as a result. You'd think this guy has some decent insights on Lynch.

Hope he's wrong.

So now the S&C coach's twitter posts have more credit than Taggart's one-on-one talks with Coach Harbaugh?

Like Trent says, it's not like he guy has a rap sheet, or has been in trouble with the law. He has made some questionable and ill-advised decisions and this Coach sounds like he had a personal issue with Lynch.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I can see this guy becmong the steal of this draft one day. He has so much potential and I think the lack of production last year had more to do with weight loss. Being around our excellent coaches and some of our high character, hard working guys will help. if anyone knows anything about adderal it really screws up your metabolism and your head in genearl. Ive had friends on prescriptions lose 8 pounds in one day, a lot of that is water weight but when you consider how big aaron lynch it is no surprise he saw a massive drop in wieght considering it literally destroys your appetite. Get him with the coaches, get him off the adderal, get him in the weight room, and get him in the cafeteria. The great think about muscle is that once you have had a certain amount of muscle mass it becomes easier to put it back on due to muscle memory, he can easily be back to a solid 265 by week 1 if he works with our strength coaches and eats enough.

Was the Adderall a legal prescription? If so, maybe it was for him to concentrate and study for his school exams. I think most college sports programs require the players to maintain a 2.0 gpa to be able to play on gameday. Given that his tests are going to be on the field, perhaps he'll forego that prescription? And go back to his Notre Dame level? Anybody know why he transferred schools? Did he commit a crime at Notre Dame? Violate team rules? Take drugs?
maybe lynch boned the strengths coach's wife golden tate style.
I just hope this guy doesnt become a head case, looks like a talented player but i hope he doesnt quit on the team or he does a Aldon Smith & makes stupid choices off the field, rooting for him but after the whole Smith ordeal i wont hesistate to want him out asap if he screws up.
After he was Drafted Gil Brandt tweeted his approval stating that Lynchs first 10 yards in the 40 yard dash was an amazing 1.67 and a great indicator that he could be a good edge defender.

Hope he's wrong.

Strength coach just sounds like an ass with a personal beef. Now that he's going to be looking for new employment.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hope he's wrong.

Strength coach just sounds like an ass with a personal beef. Now that he's going to be looking for new employment.

or maybe the Lynch dude is that much of an a*****e.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

That would be pretty impressive. What could he have done?

Hope he's wrong.

Maybe...

...but you have to be a special kind of stupid to make those remarks on twitter. That doesn't give me too much confidence in his opinion.

Hope he's wrong.

I hope he's an a*****e to opposing quarterbacks.
are people just now aware? yes, this guy has TONS of off the field issues. but he also has the ability to completely take over a game.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
are people just now aware? yes, this guy has TONS of off the field issues. but he also has the ability to completely take over a game.

He does not have TONS of off the field issues.
As has been posted before, people with off the field issues are Culliver/Smith.

Lynch isn't even on the same planet in terms of off the field issues as those two.

I think this guy might be the highlight of this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone