LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 433 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Have the 49ers actually talked about their plans for Lynch yet? I'm curious as to whether they see him as an OLB or down the road, a DE.

What's been his max playing weight? I read he dropped weight when he was on meds. But is he 3-4 DE heavy?

His max weight was around 265-270. Even though he played some 5-tech at ND, he's never been in the 285-295 range. Now that he's dropped in weight to about 249, asking him to put on 30-35 lbs is a bit much. I think it's more practical to get him back to 265 and use him as a stand-up rusher in odd fronts, or put his hand in the dirt in even fronts.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM ]
Have the 49ers actually talked about their plans for Lynch yet? I'm curious as to whether they see him as an OLB or down the road, a DE.

What's been his max playing weight? I read he dropped weight when he was on meds. But is he 3-4 DE heavy?

was on...wait for it....wait for it...

adderall. his ideal weight is 260lbs. just put it like this. AL is like Panda...look great after losing all that weight but it effects their game.
This guy is raw meat. One of the younger prospects in the draft (turned 21 on March 8th). Very good natural pass rushing skills. Tons of red flags.

Wonder if he'll beat out Dan Skuta.
he was a better player when he was at 270 at notre dame. put on the lbs and move him back inside!! this guy's talent is unreal easily a 1st round pick if he never left ND and he didnt have so much off the field issues. if he gets his mind right the potential is limitless.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 11, 2014 at 12:20 AM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

His max weight was around 265-270. Even though he played some 5-tech at ND, he's never been in the 285-295 range. Now that he's dropped in weight to about 249, asking him to put on 30-35 lbs is a bit much. I think it's more practical to get him back to 265 and use him as a stand-up rusher in odd fronts, or put his hand in the dirt in even fronts.

Agree. If he is a comfortable and athletic at 265ish than so be it.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
During the draft process his red flags scared me away a little but he has clearly 1st round talent and well worth the risk in the 5th. I love this pick !
It sounds like Harbaugh and Leavitt have some solid inside intel on this kid. If it pans out it's genius.

I also like that the front office didn't ignore maybe the biggest character risk/reward pick in the draft because of the bad off season headlines. Fearless.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 11, 2014 at 7:42 AM ]
will be arrested at least once before season starts
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
he was a better player when he was at 270 at notre dame. put on the lbs and move him back inside!! this guy's talent is unreal easily a 1st round pick if he never left ND and he didnt have so much off the field issues. if he gets his mind right the potential is limitless.

I think he looks a bit like JJ Watt when he plays in the interior line. I'm really intrigued by this pick. As others stated, he looks good at 260 - but if he can still have that quickness and speed at 280+ WOW!
Brooks is 6'3" 260. Lynch sounds like he could be a Sam backer.

Skuta and Lemonier both played Will last year right?

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:

I think he looks a bit like JJ Watt when he plays in the interior line. I'm really intrigued by this pick. As others stated, he looks good at 260 - but if he can still have that quickness and speed at 280+ WOW!

So are we planning on playing him at OLB or are we going to ask him to pack on the pounds and become a DE? It'll be interesting to see what we want to do with him. I'd love to have two 3-4 Dends that can get after the passer in Carradine and potentially Lynch.
IMO get this dude eating and lifting ASAP. his calling was inside.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I would love if we could get him to get up to 280 somehow and become a DE. Him and Carradine could be monsters at the ends as the future replacements for Justin and Mcdonald, with Aldon and Brooks/Lemonier as the OLBs.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I would love if we could get him to get up to 280 somehow and become a DE.

He has the frame for it, but 30 pounds??? That's a lot of weight to add.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone