LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
He'll be versatile. He certainly has no problem rushin the passer but tackling RBs for losses are just as good to me.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I hope he keeps his speed.

A week or so ago, he was evidently running step for step with Hampton deep down the sideline to break up a pass. That's pretty damn good for a guy his size.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I hope he keeps his speed.

A week or so ago, he was evidently running step for step with Hampton deep down the sideline to break up a pass. That's pretty damn good for a guy his size.

Okoye would smoke em both lol
Aaron Lynch to me is one of the bigger steals in the draft, guy Is going to be Beast! he'll definitely take over Brooks in a few years,

With our DC and LB coach, were good. Guy will be a star.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Aaron Lynch to me is one of the bigger steals in the draft, guy Is going to be Beast! he'll definitely take over Brooks in a few years,

Niners were criticized a lot when they drafted Lynch and now they're calling him a steal.

Which player does he compare to most in terms of his ceiling?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Niners were criticized a lot when they drafted Lynch and now they're calling him a steal.

niners get criticized every year for picks that turn out to be amazing lol. I love trent baalke lol
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/lynch-proves-his-hunger-thrive-49ers

He took a couple of steaks home.. This kid is going to be special. Perfect organization to get on the right path..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 13, 2014 at 1:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Mhttp://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/lynch-proves-his-hunger-thrive-49ers

"Coach (Jim) Harbaugh says if you want two steaks, three steaks, take them home with you," Lynch said on Wednesday. "I guess that how I gained a lot of weight, eating nice steaks, and thick salads and things like that."

Must be nice!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Mhttp://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/lynch-proves-his-hunger-thrive-49ers

"Coach (Jim) Harbaugh says if you want two steaks, three steaks, take them home with you," Lynch said on Wednesday. "I guess that how I gained a lot of weight, eating nice steaks, and thick salads and things like that."

Must be nice!

Lol, yes... We are molding a monster..
Wow! He's already up to 276?

Nice. I think his future is not at OLB; it's playing inside at DE. This is good 'cause the Niners are loaded at OLB and have had pretty bad injury problems on the DL.

OMFG HE LOOKS JUST AS BIG IF NOT BIGGER THAN TANK!
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Aug 13, 2014 at 2:18 PM ]

He's gotten heavier, but at draft time, his metrics were almost identical to Anthony Barr, OLB out of UCLA, who was taken #9 overall. Actually, if memory serves, Lynch had a little longer arms.
hell yes

since we drafted him ive been hoping for the slow weight gain and ease him back to a 5 technique. let him rush off the edge this year, but slowly move him back inside.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Aug 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM ]

I kid you not when I watched him at notre dame the name that came to mind: JJ Watt

The huge build, long arms, devastating punch strength, quickness inside, speed off the edge, fluid lowerbody and ability to move all over the line from the 5 technique to 3 technique taking on guards and tackles reminded me so much of JJ Watt. Not to mention he would flatten offensive linemen in run defense and his closing speed on QBs/ball carriers was insane for a guy his size. He had positioned himself to be a top 10 pick and then fizzled out after he left ND. This guy plays PISSED off when he was at his best. Very fiery player on the field.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Aug 13, 2014 at 3:05 PM ]

Well this guy can hit, I'd say he's better version of Shawn Merriman. he's got size, length, and speed off the line.

This was my 2nd favorite pick besides Hyde.
Share 49ersWebzone