LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by DeUh:

Lemon's a beast!

This list is priceless. I recognize all those big name "first round talents" from the draft two years ago. I think most of those guys went in the top of the first half as game changing prospects and yet here they are showing to be pretty average, while our 3rd rounder grades out higher than all of them. What a reminder that the draft is a crap shoot.
Did lynch even play Thursday ?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
He played a couple ST snaps, but not on defense.
Lynch went through his first full practice of training camp and looked very powerful rushing from the left side. Fellow rookie Marcus Martin also practiced but did not look as good. Martin was overpowered a couple of times and seemed to be working through a minor ailment.

The “charged emotion” involving Boldin occurred after he caught a short crossing route then was hit by linebacker Elvis Dumervil. Boldin quickly turned around to face the linebacker. That drew a chorus of “Q!” from the Ravens standing on the sideline just a few yards away. It did not escalate.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/09/6617260/49ers-at-ravens-first-brother.html#storylink=cpy
--Rookie outside linebacker Aaron Lynch beat the block of running back Bernard Pierce for a would-be sack.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/practice-12-49ers-improve-short-passing-game
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
--Rookie outside linebacker Aaron Lynch beat the block of running back Bernard Pierce for a would-be sack.

I'm thinking most running backs who attempt to block Lynch on a pass rush are going to lose that battle more than half the time. He's too large, fast, and powerful for the majority of running backs. He'll either need to be double-teamed, or a tackle will need to take him on.
[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Aug 9, 2014 at 5:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:

I'm thinking most running backs who attempt to block Lynch on a pass rush are going to lose that battle more than half the time. He's too large, fast, and powerful for the majority of running backs. He'll either need to be double-teamed, or a tackle will need to take him on.

That's why a lot of backs go low on defenders
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
That's why a lot of backs go low on defenders

So they won't get their elbows dislocated like LMJ
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Doot still walking around in slippers and ewok carcass on his back at Ravens facility... bout to whip sombody's ass
I love what I'm reading about Aaron Lynch so far. I actually wish that he was playing DE though. The only reason is because we are pretty deep at OLB. Many are talking about replacing Ahmad Brooks, but I'm not hearing is. We are deep at DE but aren't that far from having a need at DE. Justin Smith is near retirement and Ray McDonald has peaked. Once Tank Carradine becomes a starter, we are still going to need a guy to rotate in. How Aaron Lynch looks in space covering backs and TEs will ultimately determine where he plays longterm in my opinion. If he can gain a little more weight (get into that 280 range) without losing much in terms of speed, he can wreak some serious havoc on teams in the future as a starter/key back-up.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Aug 10, 2014 at 7:10 PM ]

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I love what I'm reading about Aaron Lynch so far. I actually wish that he was playing DE though. The only reason is because we are pretty deep at OLB. Many are talking about replacing Ahmad Brooks, but I'm not hearing is. We are deep at DE but aren't that far from having a need at DE. Justin Smith is near retirement and Ray McDonald has peaked. Once Tank Carradine becomes a starter, we are still going to need a guy to rotate in. How Aaron Lynch looks in space covering backs and TEs will ultimately determine where he plays longterm in my opinion. If he can gain a little more weight (get into that 280 range) without losing much in terms of speed, he can reek some serious havoc on teams in the future as a starter/key back-up.

Dials future is at DE. Hopefully he can continue to play well and supplement Ray Mac.
Originally posted by natrone06:
I love what I'm reading about Aaron Lynch so far. I actually wish that he was playing DE though. The only reason is because we are pretty deep at OLB. Many are talking about replacing Ahmad Brooks, but I'm not hearing is. We are deep at DE but aren't that far from having a need at DE. Justin Smith is near retirement and Ray McDonald has peaked. Once Tank Carradine becomes a starter, we are still going to need a guy to rotate in. How Aaron Lynch looks in space covering backs and TEs will ultimately determine where he plays longterm in my opinion. If he can gain a little more weight (get into that 280 range) without losing much in terms of speed, he can reek some serious havoc on teams in the future as a starter/key back-up.

Dials future is at DE. Hopefully he can continue to play well and supplement Ray Mac.

Yeah I think so to. I think Tank, Dial, TJE and a bit later down the road Okoye, are slotted to eventually fill the starting and BU DE positions with the BU's also filling in at NT in emergency situations.

I think our Dline ends up being Smith, McDonald, TJE, Dial, Williams, Dorsey, Okoye, Purcell to start the season. Williams, Okoye, Dorsey likely listed on a variety of injury list's from PUP to IR. Purcell being the odd man out when/if Dorsey returns from an IR to return designation (assuming that's what the team does).
Sounds like he is doing ok
If he can gain a little more weight (get into that 280 range) without losing much in terms of speed, he can reek some serious havoc on teams in the future as a starter/key back-up.

This made me laugh HARD. Reeks now but will wreak later hopefully.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:

That's good to hear. I need all the good news, because the injuries got me a little nervous.
Share 49ersWebzone