LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 436 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I totally agree with Nicoya...I LOVED this pick as the perfect boom/bust pick in the 5th. Rewind a bit and there was a time where we were all hoping to get ANY pass rush from Lawson. Now we got like 5 guys at OLB that can get to the QB. That's an embarrassment of riches that we will def need when Aldon gets word on his suspension.
Originally posted by SnotBubbles:
I totally agree with Nicoya...I LOVED this pick as the perfect boom/bust pick in the 5th. Rewind a bit and there was a time where we were all hoping to get ANY pass rush from Lawson. Now we got like 5 guys at OLB that can get to the QB. That's an embarrassment of riches that we will def need when Aldon gets word on his suspension.

Agree as well. His upside is off the charts. Well worth a 5th rounder. Most don't pan out anyways, so we might as well take a shot on a guy who has legit high 1st round talent. He was an absolute monster freshman year at Notre Dame. I hope we get that version of him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Lynch, who has gained 20 pounds since getting drafted, looked good for his first practice. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio said afterwards they were taking it slow with the outside linebacker and didn't want running full tilt.
However, Lynch made a nice play down the field in coverage when he broke up a pass Jewel Hampton deep down the right sideline. Hampton ran a wheel route and Lynch stayed with him stride for stride before breaking up the play.

http://sfo.scout.com/2/1429121.html

Count me as one of the guys that hope lynch makes the 53.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnotBubbles:

One word - "Fangio"

This coach is a defensive genius in smelling pass rushers, and is like George Seifert in smelling out all pro and hall of fame DB's.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
only pick in our draft that intrigued me this year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Dude is gonna end up being how he was supposed to be at Notre Dame.

Absolute beast at ND. Now he's getting coached by the best and should be a stud.
[ Edited by WilliamDonovan on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:43 AM ]
I wonder if he'll get "injured" in preseason and put on IR.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I wonder if he'll get "injured" in preseason and put on IR.

with aldon facing a "significant" suspension i doubt it. if shows legit pass rush ability during preseason might as well keep him on the 53 and rotate him during passing downs like aldon did his rookie yr. never hurts to have a lot of pass rushers
If he does pan out, imagine the damage him and Aldon can do!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/496124847336849408

@CamInman

Aaron Lynch hits the sled before an impressive debut at #49ers practice instagram.com/p/rQpUwTTOan/

#59 . . . holy crap he's huge. If he can really move fluidly in space . . . whoa! I hope he gets some reps Thursday.

Did you see the other 49er in the foreground (Chase Thomas?) look over after Lynch crushed that sled like 'Whoa! What was that?'

I think even if he has a strong camp/preseason we have so much depth/vet players with more knowledge he still might not make the 53 man roster & i am afraid we stash him on the P.S. someone right away is gonna snatch him up. Its a lose lose situation if he keeps his game up right now its like he's auditioning 4 another team.

will be fun to see what he can do
this guy aint going anywhere unless he pulls an aldon and does something stupid off the field.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I think even if he has a strong camp/preseason we have so much depth/vet players with more knowledge he still might not make the 53 man roster & i am afraid we stash him on the P.S. someone right away is gonna snatch him up. Its a lose lose situation if he keeps his game up right now its like he's auditioning 4 another team.

I'd rather trade Skuta for any kind of value, then lose a rookie with great potential...we already know what we have with Dan and I expect Lemonier to move up the depth chart as well.
dan skuta and corey lemonier are nice players, but neither has the potential to be a GAME CHANGER like aaron lynch. if he is motivated and you combine that with a coach like tomsula behind him the sky is the limit. before he left ND he was positioned to be a top 10 draft pick.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Aug 4, 2014 at 12:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone