LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
this could be a guy who just needs to make a few good plays in camp, and in pre-season to kick start his big motor. You never know with these kinds of talents...sometimes the light goes on and it's remarkable...others...like shawm merriman...the light goes out...
I'm pretty surprised that everyone seems to think it's such an absolute stone-cold lock that he makes the 53-man roster. Granted even I think it's very likely at the beginning of the year he'll be on it while Aldon is suspended, but I think it's very possible he'll be who Aldon replaces when he's back (in other words, I don't think he'd make roster at all if Aldon weren't suspended, barring a monster training camp performance). After all, Fangio kept just 3 OLBs in 2011 and though he likes to have 4, he's got his 4 in Aldon/Brooks/Skuta/Lemonier. To ASSUME we'll keep 5 is a bit of a stretch. Considering we're likely to keep 7 DL (Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Williams, Carradine, TJE, and Dial/Dobbs) and 4 ILBs, keeping 5 OLBs means we'd have 16 roster spots allocated to our front 7 and I think that's too much.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
I'm pretty surprised that everyone seems to think it's such an absolute stone-cold lock that he makes the 53-man roster. Granted even I think it's very likely at the beginning of the year he'll be on it while Aldon is suspended, but I think it's very possible he'll be who Aldon replaces when he's back (in other words, I don't think he'd make roster at all if Aldon weren't suspended, barring a monster training camp performance). After all, Fangio kept just 3 OLBs in 2011 and though he likes to have 4, he's got his 4 in Aldon/Brooks/Skuta/Lemonier. To ASSUME we'll keep 5 is a bit of a stretch. Considering we're likely to keep 7 DL (Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Williams, Carradine, TJE, and Dial/Dobbs) and 4 ILBs, keeping 5 OLBs means we'd have 16 roster spots allocated to our front 7 and I think that's too much.

I believe keep five at least because Aldon is going to be suspended and that will open up that spot for the time being. Whether it's 1 game or 8 games, who knows yet, but I don't see him escaping without any suspension at all.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by kap2crab:

I believe keep five at least because Aldon is going to be suspended and that will open up that spot for the time being. Whether it's 1 game or 8 games, who knows yet, but I don't see him escaping without any suspension at all.

Sure but then I think he'd go when Aldon's back, and I think hypothetically in a world where Aldon weren't suspended, Lynch wouldn't make team coming out of camp. But everyone seems to think it's etched in stone he's gonna be on the 53-man roster all season.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
This is probably Skuta's last year on the team too, so keeping Lynch if he plays well in camp/preseason makes sense in that regard. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see Skuta traded for a 5'th/6'th before the season starts if Lynch plays well. Skuta's good enough to be a starter for a team that needs an OLB.
[ Edited by Disp on Jul 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM ]
Earlier, the outside linebackers took turns rushing the passer against the tight ends. Fifth-round draft pick Aaron Lynch, who had been dealing with a hamstring injury, took part in the drill and showed his strength by burying tight end Vance McDonald. Lynch won the rematch as well.

Afterward Vic Fangio said the coaching staff would continue to take it easy on Lynch, whose hamstring is still not 100 percent. Fellow draft pick Marcus Martin also went through his most extensive practice of the summer. He and Dillon Farrell shared repetitions at center with the second-team offensive line.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/03/6602158/training-camp-day-9-defense-serves.html#storylink=cpy

Nice start
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Earlier, the outside linebackers took turns rushing the passer against the tight ends. Fifth-round draft pick Aaron Lynch, who had been dealing with a hamstring injury, took part in the drill and showed his strength by burying tight end Vance McDonald. Lynch won the rematch as well.

Afterward Vic Fangio said the coaching staff would continue to take it easy on Lynch, whose hamstring is still not 100 percent. Fellow draft pick Marcus Martin also went through his most extensive practice of the summer. He and Dillon Farrell shared repetitions at center with the second-team offensive line.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/03/6602158/training-camp-day-9-defense-serves.html#storylink=cpy

Nice start

This kid can be something special. Just gotta keep his attitude in check. I think we have the perfect players on defense to do that.
Lynch, who has gained 20 pounds since getting drafted, looked good for his first practice. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio said afterwards they were taking it slow with the outside linebacker and didn't want running full tilt.
However, Lynch made a nice play down the field in coverage when he broke up a pass Jewel Hampton deep down the right sideline. Hampton ran a wheel route and Lynch stayed with him stride for stride before breaking up the play.

http://sfo.scout.com/2/1429121.html
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:

Nice start

This kid can be something special. Just gotta keep his attitude in check. I think we have the perfect players on defense to do that.

Would love to see him on 3rd down pinning his ears back like Aldon his first year. I think he has the talent and I really like the sound of him and tank with the Smith's on the other side. Lemon and Skits are good system guys but neither has the ceiling of this guy

• LVJay
  • Veteran
So this dude walks around in slippers with a wookie on his back and coming off a hamstring, then immediately this...

"Rookie outside linebacker Aaron Lynch took part in his first full practice after being limited due to a hamstring strain. Lynch had a strong practice, which began with his beating of tight end Vance McDonald in a one-on-one pass-rush drill."

and this...

"Lynch also broke up a Colin Kaepernick while in coverage against Jewel Hampton on a wheel route."

McDonald, Kap and Hampton are blowing it, dude
Lynch, who has gained 20 pounds since getting drafted, looked good for his first practice. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio said afterwards they were taking it slow with the outside linebacker and didn't want running full tilt.
However, Lynch made a nice play down the field in coverage when he broke up a pass Jewel Hampton deep down the right sideline. Hampton ran a wheel route and Lynch stayed with him stride for stride before breaking up the play.

http://sfo.scout.com/2/1429121.html

? +20 pounds? 270?
Dude is gonna end up being how he was supposed to be at Notre Dame.
https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/496124847336849408

@CamInman

Aaron Lynch hits the sled before an impressive debut at #49ers practice instagram.com/p/rQpUwTTOan/

#59 . . . holy crap he's huge. If he can really move fluidly in space . . . whoa! I hope he gets some reps Thursday.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM ]
this kid has the potential to be the best pick of the draft.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Aug 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone