There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you want Johnny Manziel to succeed?

Do you want Johnny Manziel to succeed?

Originally posted by susweel:
Yes, I want everybody succeed.

including this guy?

























































  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 126,714
yes
He's really hated for no reason in the same way that Kaep is. Sure, he parties like a normal college student should, and makes show me the money signs.

Kaep kisses his biceps, has tattoos and isn't the prototypical QB and people think he's a 'douche'. Yet, we all know that if you read reports of people close to him, he is hard working, smart and a great person. Manziel is the same way
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,368
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
He's really hated for no reason in the same way that Kaep is. Sure, he parties like a normal college student should, and makes show me the money signs.

Kaep kisses his biceps, has tattoos and isn't the prototypical QB and people think he's a 'douche'. Yet, we all know that if you read reports of people close to him, he is hard working, smart and a great person. Manziel is the same way
A lot of us old school fans preferred the Barry Sanders types who didn't showboat. Football is the ultimate team sport, one guy out of eleven not doing his job can screw up any given play. Nobody makes a play without the help of his teammates so for some of us the over the top "look at me" crap gets old.
Yes, I don't have a problem with Manziel.
Originally posted by BobS:
A lot of us old school fans preferred the Barry Sanders types who didn't showboat. Football is the ultimate team sport, one guy out of eleven not doing his job can screw up any given play. Nobody makes a play without the help of his teammates so for some of us the over the top "look at me" crap gets old.

Yea and Vernon literally motions everyone away so he can dunk after a TD before celebrating with the team. And Kaep kisses the Olines biceps after a TD. Literally every player in the NFL does the "look at me" crap. Manziel is the rule not the exception.

Manziel acts like a frat bro and he's a white kid from a rich family so he's an obvious target for the hatorade.

Personally I think our defense would shut his ass down and his style will probably end in injury by the Bengals interior line, Ravens interior line, and Steelers front 7.
[ Edited by eonblue on May 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM ]
Money Manziel?

[ Edited by ChazBoner on May 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM ]
Don't care much for some of the showboat stuff, but he's a fun player to watch, do hope he does well except when playing the 49ers...and it's going to be tough in the football graveyard of Cleveland, where talent goes to die.
Absolutely Yes!!!!

He faced the NCAA down and WON!!!! He'll always be a hero in my book for that.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,258
HELL NO!!! from Austin, TX
You guys know the money sign celebration was a direct shot at the NCAA after the investigations for the autograph thing right?

Hoping he does well. Just a young kid enjoying all his success. I've got no problem with that. Was really glad Dallas didn't draft him because then I'd have to root for him to fail.
srs tho, fk that dude. i don't care either way.
yes

Dudes a rock star
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,258
Really it's a moot point. He will never succeed because he's in Cleveland. Every Horns fan I know was praying he'd go there so we'd never have to hear about him again.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Really it's a moot point. He will never succeed because he's in Cleveland. Every Horns fan I know was praying he'd go there so we'd never have to hear about him again.

Texas could've had him too but Brown wanted to play him at safety. Epic fail.