LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
What? We needed IMPACT Players with all those boatload of picks the 49ers had. Balke drafts a safety in Ward who's too small to be a safety unless he does PEDs in the future, Hyde was a great pick imo, Borland shoulda been had lower and Marcus Martin??
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
What? We needed IMPACT Players with all those boatload of picks the 49ers had. Balke drafts a safety in Ward who's too small to be a safety unless he does PEDs in the future.....

?

Jimmie Ward
Height 5105
Weight 193

Donte Whitner
Height 5101
Weight 204

Earl Thomas
Height 5102
Weight 202

Antoine Bethea
Height 5110
Weight 203

You don´t think that Ward will be able to gain 10 lbs ?
^ Ward has the speed and coverage ability but his arms are so skinny I just don't see how he could thicken them but I hope so.
^ Ward has the speed and coverage ability but his arms are so skinny I just don't see how he could thicken them but I hope so.

I believe we thought the same thing about Crabtree when drafted. He has definitely packed on some muscle though!

Man you must not know about Uyeyama
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

give him a few years. he'll be fine.
Guys, he's a rookie. My goodness. Give the kid a break.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Only in Niner Talk.....
Originally posted by Jcool:

Only in Niner Talk.....

Still better than Niner Talk in 2008/2009 - I almost bought a J.T. O'Sulivan jersey
[ Edited by blacksailsmd on Aug 14, 2014 at 7:56 AM ]
He's definitely going to be a project. Hopefully he can improve during preseason, but to say he's progress isn't discouraging is just false. We wanted more from him at this point. We were hoping for him to push Kilgore, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Originally posted by Jcool:

Only in Niner Talk.....

He better not have his hands on his hips...
  • Red80
  • Veteran
Do some people even realize how many eventual immortal players in the league now struggled 1 even 2 whole seasons before finding their niche? Can't give this guy more than a few practices...GMB
Consider the source ... the elephant man is the king of over reaction and forming concrete opinions on sketchy facts. I think giving this draft class some time is prudent. And as someone posted already, we will not know for a year or two for some of these guys.
Are we talking about Marcus Martin? Hope so...hope he starts getting more playing reps soon.
  • thl408
Doesn't look like MMartin is pushing Kilgore very hard thus far. I thought they'd be neck and neck the whole way, but I probably should have known better.
Share 49ersWebzone