LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't know much about MMartin,other than he was a highly rated prospect, but just the fact that they spent high draft capital (3rd rounder) to get him shows that the 49ers acknowledge the importance of shoring up that interior Oline. I have never been so excited for a Center.

LOL. Exactly how I feel as well.

Since Newberry
I don't know much about MMartin,other than he was a highly rated prospect, but just the fact that they spent high draft capital (3rd rounder) to get him shows that the 49ers acknowledge the importance of shoring up that interior Oline. I have never been so excited for a Center.

It's funny, no thoughts are given about centers until it becomes painfully obvious you don't have one. If tank and Martin are who I hope they are the OL and DL are gonna be pretty sured up for us and that leads to nothing but good things.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:

It's funny, no thoughts are given about centers until it becomes painfully obvious you don't have one. If tank and Martin are who I hope they are the OL and DL are gonna be pretty sured up for us and that leads to nothing but good things.

*if* tank can adequately replace Justin, our defense will be very strong for a very long time.
Excited to see this guy on the field for the 49ers!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Excited to see this guy on the field for the 49ers!

So am I. Center has probably been the weakest starting position on the 49ers in the last 2 years IMO, and I think Marcus Martin is gonna be a stud. And I love his attitude; he & Staley are about everything you want in a player as far as personality goes IMO.

Boone's got a good football attitude too IMO, but he's being a little bit of a dork at the moment.
Originally posted by Giedi:
*if* tank can adequately replace Justin, our defense will be very strong for a very long time.

We could use another widebody on the line. Our subs are good, but we could use beef too.
Originally posted by English:

Since Newberry

I was a big Newberry fan.

Since Newberry

+1
Originally posted by WINiner:

Since Newberry

I was a big Newberry fan.

Newberry brought the nastiness an oline needs to impose its will against good defenses. That's been sorely lacking lately. I am so looking forward to seeing a Niner center dominate again.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 18, 2014 at 7:00 PM ]
He wasn't as good as Newberry, but Heitmann was the lone bright spot on our team for years (other than Gore)

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He wasn't as good as Newberry, but Heitmann was the lone bright spot on our team for years (other than Gore)

Hell of a 7th Rd pick

Heitmann was a good football player.
Really disappointed how the camp is going for this kid. He must be injured.
Does anyone know?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Heitmann was a good football player.

Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Really disappointed how the camp is going for this kid. He must be injured.
Does anyone know?

He's young (youngest on the roster, almost 21)I didn't expect him to start this year anyways.
Honestly I thought we were going to move him to guard, I feel like he plays better there anyways.
Share 49ersWebzone