LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
This was a WR deep class I wish we would have gotten somebody for when crabs and boldin leave.

No need if Crabtree stays. Crabtree, with Johnson as Boldin's replacement, and then Patton and Ellington is a solid receiving corps.

Next year has a few good WR prospects as well. All is not lost if we're looking at players like Ty Montgomery, Rashad Greene, Kasen Williams, Austin Hill, Amari Cooper, Nelson Agholor, and Jaelen Strong next year.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on May 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Youtube is your friend. Just about every prospect that drafts has some sort of video or interview at the least.

Us Picking Him:

Mike Mayok, "and he(Marcus Martin) fits exactly what San Francisco is. Which is a big powerful, downhill, run the football right UP YOUR BUTT team and that's who he(MM) is"....
rotflmfao.

Just listening to him during his post draft interview got me pumped up regarding this young fella

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Mike Mayok, "and he(Marcus Martin) fits exactly what San Francisco is. Which is a big powerful, downhill, run the football right UP YOUR BUTT team and that's who he(MM) is"....

I really hope we don't run the ball up their butt.
  • thl408
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Up the butt or down the throat. Either way, defenses will not like it.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This for sure!
Im very intrigued about the camp battle that will take place between Martin and Kilgore, it's going to be very intense, no way Kilgore goes down without a fight but this kid seems very talented and the type of player I want centering our O-line. Camp should be exciting as always.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Im very intrigued about the camp battle that will take place between Martin and Kilgore, it's going to be very intense, no way Kilgore goes down without a fight but this kid seems very talented and the type of player I want centering our O-line. Camp should be exciting as always.

This should be the best camp battle. I've never been sold on Kilgore, so I'm all in with Martin as our center.
This guy was in my mock.
So glad we picked him, he is going to be a major contributor on our offensive line.
Will probably see the most amount of PT out of any of our rookies. (including 2013 draft)
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 21, 2014 at 9:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
This guy was in my mock.
So glad we picked him, he is going to be a major contributor on our offensive line.
Will probably see the most amount of PT out of any of our rookies. (including 2013 draft)

Reid is a starter... And I wouldn't be surprised if Lemonier had significant playing time.
  • thl408
I don't know much about MMartin,other than he was a highly rated prospect, but just the fact that they spent high draft capital (3rd rounder) to get him shows that the 49ers acknowledge the importance of shoring up that interior Oline. I have never been so excited for a Center.

Either way, colin will be involved at some point.
  • thl408
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/meet-rookies-49ers-c-marcus-martin

He talks about his upbringing and responsibilities as a center. He sounds very capable of being a smart center.
I still can't believe this guy lasted all the way into the 3rd round.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
I still can't believe this guy lasted all the way into the 3rd round.

Me neither. Always thought he would get picked at the start of the 2nd, cause thats how talented he is.
I don't know much about MMartin,other than he was a highly rated prospect, but just the fact that they spent high draft capital (3rd rounder) to get him shows that the 49ers acknowledge the importance of shoring up that interior Oline. I have never been so excited for a Center.

LOL. Exactly how I feel as well.
Share 49ersWebzone