LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
not to mention the 2-3 QBs that ride the merry-go round for the 3rd spot.

Won't happen this year. If you recall, Baalke actually told Harbaugh to settle on a QB because we couldn't keep rotating our QBs. That is how we ended up with McBLT again.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Martin, Hyde, Lattimore... safe to say our running game is about to get a huge lift. And then there is our passing game upgrades...

Now we just have to hope our passing game exacution gets a huge lift...
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Martin, Hyde, Lattimore... safe to say our running game is about to get a huge lift. And then there is our passing game upgrades...

Gabbert is not an upgrade...

On Colt?

After a few months of Harbaugh.
This was my favorite pick of the entire draft! I always thought center was a huge need (despite Kilgore), and I think Martin will develop into a pro bowl caliber center. It's not very often you see a guy with as much core strength as Martin at the age of 20 (still the youngest prospect I've noticed in the draft so far).
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on May 11, 2014 at 12:22 PM ]
I really think he beats out Kilgore. Marcus looks like he'll be a punishing center, paving the way for whoever is running the ball.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Now we just have to hope our passing game exacution gets a huge lift...

Exectly
No video on the guy?
Youtube is your friend. Just about every prospect that drafts has some sort of video or interview at the least.

Us Picking Him:

[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 11, 2014 at 2:30 PM ]
Thanks
The idea of Hyde running it up the gut in the red zone with Staley, Iupati, Martin, Boone, and Davis clearing the hole is an awesome thought.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
This was my favorite pick of the entire draft! I always thought center was a huge need (despite Kilgore), and I think Martin will develop into a pro bowl caliber center. It's not very often you see a guy with as much core strength as Martin at the age of 20 (still the youngest prospect I've noticed in the draft so far).

Nothing helps a power run offense more than good strong center. I know with Martin there, gore's yards per carry will inevitably go up.
wow this guy is an animal...kilgore is heading to the bench for sure what an upgrade..once iupati is back to full strength wow is all i can say about ur run game
Next year could look like Staley, Thomas, Martin, Boone, Davis. Say Kilgore and Iupati are the long term answer at worse we have some great depth in Martin and Thomas. Allows us to move on from Snyder if need be to save money. Gives us the option of not paying Iupati long term. Plus we have Looney and Jonathan Martin possibly. Some great depth and we can let the best man win.
I don't know if people realize what a big deal it is that he's only 20 yrs old and already so good. The sabermetrics guys in baseball have long since known that a prospect's age relative to level of competition makes all the difference in the world in projecting his upside and career path. I don't see why the same wouldn't apply to football.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Love the pick. Future pro bowler, IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone