There are 199 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I like the pick, I knew we needed a RB. Just look at the situation. It looks like we have a lot of talent there on paper, but when you factor in contracts and other BS we really have 1 RB signed after next year.... and his knee was turned into a pretzel 16 months ago.
Great pick & value for the 49ers here. Can't wait to see this guy on the field!
I seriously cant believe this board. I made a threa suggesting 49ers select a rb high and got bashed by90% of peeps on here. Now your all 'lovin it' lol
Not you jimharbauhh i remeber you were one of the few that supported the idea
I still can't believe we got this fool!

So Stooooked!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I still can't believe we got this fool!

So Stooooked!!

Yeah, I was like, no way. Will be an awesome two headed monster of Hyde and Lattimore for years to come.
Good pick. I think people forget we are a run first team.
Not to mention, does everyone remember what happened to our offense last season when Crabs went down?

Think about if we didn't have Hyde and Gore/Lattimore went down....
Solid pick, Baalke is a god among men.
This dude runs angry. I like the pick. Just watching how he runs, i think he might get a lot of carries this year. We gotta trade Hunter or James cause if Lattimore plays at all, there won't be any carries for 1 of them and few for the other.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Why burn a pick this year? It's silly. I'm willing to take a flyer on Ward. but this I don't get. Let's draft a left tackle. Staley's contract is up in 2018 you know.

Staley seriously? signed thru 2017, Gore and Hunter are FAs after 2014, and LMJ sucks, so we needed RB help. Pick is fine.

So sick of people b***hing about picks. Ward can play CB and Safety. Martin was a great pick. This draft has been awesome. We can't pick every star you know, there are 31 other teams.
We're are going to f**king destroy teams for years and years and years to come, my god.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Staley seriously? signed thru 2017, Gore and Hunter are FAs after 2014, and LMJ sucks, so we needed RB help. Pick is fine.

So sick of people b***hing about picks. Ward can play CB and Safety. Martin was a great pick. This draft has been awesome. We can't pick every star you know, there are 31 other teams.

People are on twitter crying that we didnt take a CB yet, acting like we dont have 8 picks remaining and a bunch of already signed players like Daryl Morris (who they've probably never heard of :/)
Originally posted by 49ersFan:
I seriously cant believe this board. I made a threa suggesting 49ers select a rb high and got bashed by90% of peeps on here. Now your all 'lovin it' lol

"Truth always originates in a minority of one, and every custom begins as a broken precedent"
Serious question: How do you guys see our RB depth chart looking come opening week?

My best guess:
  1. Gore
  2. Hunter
  3. Lattimore
  4. Hyde
  5. James

Does the Hyde selection essentially push James off the roster?
Thanks for reminding doubters that we pick 30th, AB, not 7th. And there can be a good case made for every pick to boot. As for DBs, my guess is baalke didn't think what was there was worth it and there was way better talent elsewhere. RB, ILB, were luxury picks for real value. DB we had to have, C we had to have, and OL, you never can have enough. But we have NO center prior to today, so that was a slam dunk with our 3rd rd pick. Also we got 6 valuable guys and many teams (NE) got 3. The OL, one could make the rotation, the other has ACL but was early 2nd round talent at #100. WRs...none...but baalke cleaned that up with two slots not from the draft.

Jeez, guys, what does he have to do to make you happy. I had none of these guys on my list, and love them all. Now that is a good draft and we have just as many picks manana. Ay car ayi. Note we are missing one guy...QB...unless everyone here is comfortable with Gabbert if kap should go down. (please Lord, don't let that happen)...so we get a Qb tomorrow, but not too sure any of these guys could help if kap were injured either. I wished we could have gotten Garoppolo, but he went too early. We had to have a C first.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Serious question: How do you guys see our RB depth chart looking come opening week?

My best guess:
  1. Gore
  2. Hunter
  3. Lattimore
  4. Hyde
  5. James

Does the Hyde selection essentially push James off the roster?

I'd go Hyde in front of Lattimore. It's going to be a while for Latt to get up to speed.
Share 49ersWebzone